[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jfg/ - James Ferraro General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: Ferraro201113.jpg (49 KB, 685x453) Image search: [Google]
Ferraro201113.jpg
49 KB, 685x453
Where did he go? edition

James Ferraro has deleted his instagram and twitter account after a supposed breakup with his gf. Does anyone have any more details on this? Any info would be much appreciated.

Discuss.
>>
>>61971349
James apparently cheated on his fiance. Pretty bad stuff.

James, while a nice guy, is definitely a major liar and uses people to no end. Anyone connected with him will tell you this.
>>
James Ferraro: absolute genius or major conman?
>>
>>61971384
damn... I didn't think James would be that type. that's crazy
>>
>>61971384
source on that?
>>
>>61971384
gonna need to back up those accusations with a source, bro.
>>
>>61972816
>>61973052
http://muscleworksinc.blogspot.com/

this is his older label btw, some posts here show he scammed his fans by paying for albums that dont even exist

i have also heard the dude's skipped out on CD orders and sold them on sites like Discogs
i love the dude's music but he has just done some shady shit
>>
Anybody have any pics of James Ferraro's full body? Preferably something where his figure and shape is clearly identifiable.
>>
>>61973434
classic nigger behavior.
>>
>>61973547

What are your thoughts on Mike Patton's body?
>>
File: James Ferraro.png (534 KB, 1521x2004) Image search: [Google]
James Ferraro.png
534 KB, 1521x2004
>>61973547
>>
>>61973886
none
>>
>>61973547
He's in that one video by that one band.
Post it guys.
In any case, I'd say he's "husky".
>>
>>61973705
how else is he going to afford his coke addiction?
>>
>>61973434
I know so little about James' personality but this seemed absolutely perfect for him, honestly.

Always pictured him selling bootleg knockoff DVDs out of the back of a van.
>>
>>61973705
pretty sure he's only half
>>
>>61973942
whoops
ahem
classic half-nigger behavior
black for stealing, white for conning. it makes more sense knowing he's only half black.
>>
Anyone got any rare stuff?

I can't think if he even has any, but are there any cassette or CD-only releases that anyone has their hands on?
>>
>>61973434
I'm not familiar with his discography, but is it not possible that these certain releases were just never catalogued anywhere else? If someone's prolific it's no surprise that there would be rare releases.
>>
>>61973961
There ya go.

Gotta stay PC, anon.
>>
File: ferraro.png (118 KB, 1348x336) Image search: [Google]
ferraro.png
118 KB, 1348x336
Forgot to post pic on first try.

Anon forgot the most important thing about a general. But that's okay.

https://mega.nz/#F!C8ITkbyT!Oncn1AFkDWXbyn67idYIbQ
Partial discography.

Has alot of stuff, even stuff from other aliases. But I'm quite sure that there is plenty still missing. See pic: all this, plus 35 albums, 9 EPs, 2 mixtapes, and 2 live album all under his own name. Granted, many of his aliases only have 1 release, but that's still a fucking ton. Also, The Skaters have alot of releases as well. And if you like all of that, you might like Spencer Clark, the other half of Skaters.
>>
What type of autistic faggot releases a bunch of shit under different aliases/unorganized/hard to find

Why?
>>
>>61974268
Well, I kinda like it. Kinda makes it a bit of a treasure hunt for fans.
>>
james franco general
>>
>>61974260
Oops. Only 1 live album. Bit off the ball at the moment.
>>
>>61974260
okay, im convinced, this sounds interesting.

but where do i start? is there a "flowchart"?
>>
>>61974324

As someone with OCD it really pisses me off but I can understand the treasure hunt appeal

As an artist though, I'd want my releases to be very clear and easy to find
>>
>>61974462
Oh boy, I'll try this. I'm gonna answer your question, anon. Just know it might take a little bit to type it all out.
>>
>>61974462

There are essentially two major eras in James Ferraro's music: The lo-fi, more ambient/drone/noise-leaning stuff (his hypnagogic pop stuff), and his current stuff, which is much more hi-fi and influenced by R&B and Hip-Hop (Except Far Side Virtual), and thematically focuses on the presence of technology in our day and age (at least that's how I see it.

His most well-known release is Far Side Virtual, which you've probably heard of. If you want the R&B/hip-hop-type stuff, listen to NYC, Hell 3 A.M., but be prepared for some weird music. If you want the hypnagogic pop stuff that's more song-oriented, listen to Night Dolls With Hairspray, a twisted, very lo-fi take on hair metal and 80's rock music. If you want the "AM Radio" vibe he has sometimes, start with On Air, or Feed Me (iAsia is a personal recommendation from Yours Truly). If you want more ambient material, start with Marble Surf, which is probably his most pretty-sounding release, even though it still has that slight air of kitsch/irony about it.

Those should give a pretty good idea of what he's going for with his releases. So from there, you can go any which way, in my opinion. You most likely are not gonna love every single thing he has. But there are some cool moments and sonic ideas on display throughout his discography.

My name is Anonymous and this was my book report.
>>
>>61974785
Also, I should mention: I still haven't really scratched the surface too much with his music, so I guess I'm not exactly an expert, but the one's I recommended should still be a good introduction to his work.
>>
speed bump
>>
>>61973434
even tho this is interesting info, this still doesn't prove that he cheated
>>
his twitter was hilarious i wish he hadnt deleted it
>>
>>61975168
I feel like his twitter and instagram were part of the art he makes, so it sucks to see them just wiped off the face of the earth
>>
hell be fine

[spoiler]Seriously though, if something happens to him, 2016 will be another big step closer to being one of the worst years ever[/spoiler]
>>
jarvid 9 vacay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8v-yM0nVgo
>>
what if he never comes back?
>>
>>61975524
we have dean blunt
>>
One of the things I really like about Ferraro is that even though I may not like some of the releases I've heard so far (at least not that much), they're still very interesting in concept.
>>
File: end it.jpg (30 KB, 970x812) Image search: [Google]
end it.jpg
30 KB, 970x812
>>61975524
>>
>>61975562
There's Blunt/Ferraro collab. live album is called Watch The Throne. They are almost totally literally the Jay-Z and Kanye West of weirdo electronic music.

I don't know which would be which, bt dubs.
>>
>>61975642
ferraro would be jay z dean would be kanye
>>
>>61975562
>>
>>61975642
obviously dean is jay z, considering his ex is the queen of weirdo electronic, like beyonce and rnb
>>
File: 1442268825110.jpg (150 KB, 1010x810) Image search: [Google]
1442268825110.jpg
150 KB, 1010x810
>tfw James will never release NYC God with the vocals
>>
>>61974785
I would argue JF should be broken up into three parts.

>Noise/Drone/Ambient Ferraro
Which is everything from the Skaters up until 2007
>Hypnagogic Pop Ferraro
Which is still kind of ambient lofi but more melodic, from Lamborghini Crystal up until 2011
>Hi-Fi Ferraro
Which is his most famous stuff, starting at 2011 with Condo Pets EP.

Hypnagogic Ferraro is my favorite, Night Dolls is absolutely amazing.
>>
>>61975699
I thought he had auto-tuned spoken-word vocals on it.
>>
>>61975721
Scratch that, I was thinking of GOD OF LONDON.

>>61975719
Yeah, I wasn't quite sure whether I should have separated the Hypnagogic Pop and the earlier stuff, so I just lumped them together. I do agree, Night Dolls is a gem.
>>
>>61975581
I think its perfectly fine to not like some of his stuff since he has a sprawling discography, not all of it is going to appeal to everyone and some of it is definitely mediocre, but you're right, even then the ideas are still interesting by themselves.

>>61975642
Where is OPN in all this?
>>
>>61975721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCPNRBRfTQ8
>>
>>61975759
OPN is a bit hard to place in relation with Blunt and Ferraro. Musically, they are actually quite a bit different, but he did appear with Ferraro, Laurel Halo, and a couple other artists I haven't heard of on a collaboration project called FRKWAYS, though I'm guessing this isn't new information for you.

Rifts is a goddamn masterpiece.
>>
>>61975759
well other than the vaporwave link between james and daniel i don't think he's in the same field
>>
>>61975759
same guy as>>61975820

If I can be a real hipster fuck for a sec, I guess I'd get more specific and say that Blunt and Ferraro are the Jay-Z and Kanye West of Hypnagogic Pop.

OPN is one of my all-time faves, but I don't know who I would compare him to, in terms of status.
>>
>>61975826
>>61975820
said, they were all essentially part of the same scene, OPN and Ferraro have collaborated multiple times, so I think it's safe to include him.

The main issue is that their scene is just the broad concept of "left field".
>>
>>61975882
>Blunt and Ferraro are the Jay-Z and Kanye West of Hypnagogic Pop.

Well if we're just going hypnagogic pop, where the hell is Ariel Pink in this?
>>
>>61975885
Yeh, the "left-field" thing you mentioned is kinda what I was going for. I just don't have enough brainpower at the moment.

>>61975904
Ariel Pink is the [insert objectively best rapper] of Hypnagogic Pop, in my opinion. He's the real deal, my nigga. No lie, he's my third-favorite musician. My favorite died in 1991, and the other died barely even two weeks ago.
>>
A look at Discogs revealed to me that there are even more aliases JF has released under that RYM doesn't have.

Jesus Christ so much fucking music
>>
>>61974002
given that people have been able to catalog his rare as fuck 1 album project aliases, i doubt it
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.