[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Which is better?
>>
File: RobbieBasho.jpg (684 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
RobbieBasho.jpg
684 KB, 1200x1200
Well, both are great, but I'll have to give it to Basho. Visions of the Country is one of his best. Fare Forward Voyagers is pretty great, but Fahey has better albums.
>>
Overall I prefer basho but I gotta say fare foreward voyagers is better
It'd be more fair to compare something like the falconcers arm or something, visions of the country has some severe ups and downs imo
>>
Basho isn't a particularly great singer so FFV
>>
>>61969928
>Basho isn't a particularly great singer
Why do people think this, his singing is the best part of the album
>>
>>61969873
What's your favorite fahey album? I've listened to FFW and the yellow princess and I thought they were both great, but I don't really know what else to listen to
>>
fahey is less hippie so he must be better for sure
>>
>>61969957
Personally I've never believed this kind of genre needs exceptional vocals to be interesting, at least musically. He's not a bad singer necessarily, it's just that it doesn't fit the bill for the genre.
>>
>>61969807
Giving it to Basho.
>>
>>61969957
This.
If not a great singer (which he totally is) you at least have to admit Basho was a fantastic whistler.
Also, he helped create the genre. He can do what he wants with the music.
>>
What other good american primitivism musicians do you guys know?
>>
>>61970088
this genre was birthed from indian classical music and traditional american folk music which most often include vocals buddy
>>
basho wins this, if only for the piano in orphan's lament.
>>
>>61970169
oh fuck yeah some of the songs on that album are so emotional tbqh. The second side of fare forward voyagers is fuckin crazy tho. Honestly I can't really compare the two, they're both some of my favorite albums, and the one I prefer depends on my mood
>>
File: image.png (431 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
431 KB, 640x1136
In terms of straight alternative picking, Fahey takes the cake for sure. But Basho had the craziest range of picking and playing styles. I love them both but Basho will always reign supreme to me. Favorite Basho album has to be Seal of the Blue Lotus. Fahey, probably Death Chants, Breakdowns, and Military Marches.
>>
>>61970004
you can't go wrong with 60s or early 70s Fahey
Days Have Gone By, The Dance of Death, The Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death, and The Great Santa Barbara Oil Slick are all fantastic

>>61970545
The Voice of the Eagle is Basho's best desu
>>
I had no idea there were others that shared my love for Fahey and Basho and I had no idea that there was an actual name for their music, and it isnt just "folk"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.