[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post two popular albums, one old/influential and one new, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8
File: Front.jpg (618 KB, 1440x1401) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
618 KB, 1440x1401
Post two popular albums, one old/influential and one new, and swap their release dates, then post what you think the music scene for their respective genres would have turned out to be like

>Pinata swapped with Madvillainy
>underground hip-hop post-2004 would have become mostly gangster rap-revival with rappers rapping about topics that could be related to by many from the perspective of gangsters
>>
>R.A.P. Music swapped with the Cold Vein in 2001
>Southern hip hop takes a more political shift lyrically, and instead of techno-rap (trap) as its known today, southern production takes queues from film soundtracks and other music with a sci-fi vibe
>>
This is a really interesting thread but i'm literally too dumb to even think about one.
>>
>>61966925
agree, bump for interest.
>>
>The Bends swapped with Embryonic
>Indie Rock from 1995 onward becomes more energetic and abrasive. This trend towards harsh guitar riffs eventually replaces what would've become nu-metal.
>>
another bump
>>
>>61966925
same. i just tried for like 20 minutes but couldn't come up with anything
>>
File: 71cOtUzraFL._SL1069_.jpg (207 KB, 1055x1069) Image search: [Google]
71cOtUzraFL._SL1069_.jpg
207 KB, 1055x1069
>>61966344
>Swap this with Ready To Die
"Biggie was the best story-teller in hip-hop" wouldn't be an acceptable statement. Also concept albums would be a lot more popular in rap. East vs. West also probably wouldn't have happened, or at least not to the same extent.
>>
File: 1418270858681-3-1.png (70 KB, 181x255) Image search: [Google]
1418270858681-3-1.png
70 KB, 181x255
bump
>>
>swap Mastodon's "The Hunter" with the Black album
>Post-1991 metal keeps its roots and retains the progressive spirit of Rust in Peace and AJFA, lifting genres beneath mainstream metal, and allowing creativity to stay relatively mainstream, lessening the vacuum of metal in the late 90s, aka less impact of nu-metal
>>
File: alt sunbat.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
alt sunbat.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
Sunbather swaped with In The Nightside Eclipse

>Kerry McCoy kills the gay guy in Norway, calling him a "faggot"
>Hundreds of black metal artists try to copy the sound of Sunbather but none come close
>In The Nightside Eclipse isn't considered anything special in the future.
>>
File: Marnie_stern_cover.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Marnie_stern_cover.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>Swap this with Today's Active Lifestyles
Math rock is the domain of oddball females, not nerdy/beardy males
>>
>Yeezus swapped with college dropout
>"wow kanye's new stuff is terrible i wish he would go back to his yeezus sound"
>>
File: John_Zorn-Naked_City.jpg (43 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
John_Zorn-Naked_City.jpg
43 KB, 500x498
>Naked City (John Zorn) swapped with A Love Supreme
>free jazz would have become the primary jazz subgenre opposed to post-bop, and jazz musicians would start taking their influences from cartoons and european film soundtracks opposed to musicals
>>
File: 51hfd0SpsaL.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51hfd0SpsaL.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
swap out Davis' Kind Of Blue for Mingus' Let My Children Hear Music. screw modest, understated combos. Let My Children Hear Music (1959) spawns a series of increasingly hulking, classically-inspired orchestrations showcasing group improvisation and studio effects/sampling
>>
File: a1ex-0rsinl-sl1500-1399042033.jpg (958 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
a1ex-0rsinl-sl1500-1399042033.jpg
958 KB, 1500x1500
>So it goes swapped with trap muzik
>The trap genre becomes less club oriented (or the club scene changes to fit trap), more sample based and erratic, equally aggresive, New York changes with Atlanta in terms of dominance of the hip hop genre, boom bap revival rappers dont appear
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.