[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of kelela?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Kelela-Press-Shot.jpg (605 KB, 1450x1721) Image search: [Google]
Kelela-Press-Shot.jpg
605 KB, 1450x1721
What does /mu/ think of kelela?
>>
/mu/ thinks she's only successful because she's black

/mu/ has some issues
>>
She's like a shit mix of Little Dragon and FKA Twigs.

Only gets good reviews because she's hip and Ethiopian
>>
>>61964771
I will expand on this once I've relistened to Cut 4 Me but I'm pretty sure she's actually pretty good
>>
>>61964820
Holy shit I never thought of this, she really is like a mix of Little Dragon and FKA.... fuck man
>>
>>61964771
that's only de /pol/tards and the retarded underage kids

the retarded adults are more tolerant with the negros
>>
>>61964820
She was a known performer before twigs and as for little dragon i dont see the comparison

I like her and im stoked for her new album. Im a bit weary tho because if you ask me hallucinogen was a step down from cut 4 me.
>>
>>61964914
Hallucinogen wasn't great but i like 'A Message' a lot; although ti was a bit on the nose.

Cut 4 Me had so many good songs though, 'Guns & Synths' being my favorite.
>>
File: Hallucinogen Remixes.jpg (405 KB, 808x808) Image search: [Google]
Hallucinogen Remixes.jpg
405 KB, 808x808
I haven't heard her music, but most of these remixes are fire. I should listen to the originals.

https://mega.nz/#!fYQyGCjQ!Jq-FoDPdPGg2JaFJUfG8StsXHgxP3aTvYtNUWTQ360k
>>
>>61964914
>A formative experience was discovering the music of Little Dragon. Hearing the Swedish band’s music was “mind-blowing,” and Kelela reached out to vocalist Yukimi Nagano on Myspace, offering “background vocals, whatever she needed.” The two singers connected at a Little Dragon show, but Yukimi was surprised that Kelela didn’t have any of her own music on her Myspace page. At the time, Kelela was struggling to make the jump from imitator to songwriter, and Yukimi offered some advice. “I would just recommend jamming with your friends, and not having expectations of how it’s going to sound,” Kelela recalls Yukimi saying. “It wasn’t until I stopped trying to sound like Faith Evans and Erik [Bodin, the band’s drummer] stopped trying to sound like Dilla that we made Little Dragon.” Inspired, Kelela wrote her first song within a couple of months.

Even disregarding that, Cut 4 Me sounds VERY Little Dragon, even down to vocal quirks
>>
>>61965044
I stand corrected
>>
chune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rap0mltYlk
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.