[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We have the facts... Anyone else heard this album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 355x355
I'm not a big fan of death cab or most of there discography but this album one of there more older albums broke my top 3 fav albums of all time. It blew my mind away and I love it. Anyone else heard it? What did you think of it? Favorite songs?

I personally think the best song on the album is title track. But the whole album is gold desu.
>>
yeah its good
>>
Although I'm personally more of a photo album guy facts is indeed pretty great. IMO I will follow you into the dark is still their greatest song tho
>>
The best track is No Joy In Mudville and yeah it's in my top 5 too. I love the overarching theme of doing bad and irresponsible things to yourself even you know it's a bad idea. Most of the time artists use drags as a catalyst for this theme but young relationships is a much better of making it relatable and therefore reflective upon the listener. The best part about this album is if you took away the lyrics and vocals you'd still feel everything it's trying to convey albeit less specifically.
>>
>>61963984
>I will follow you into the dark is still their greatest song
Why are you even here?
>>
>>61964055
*drugs
>>
what makes it so good?

i always thought Death Cab was just /okay/ with a few standout songs that popped up here and there. Is this one worth a full listen?
>>
>>61964275
It's really beautiful music, plain and simple.
>>
>>61965385
YES! This album is great! I don't like much of death cab but by fate i found this album. You won't regret it. The first song starts of kind of lo-fi then Boom you get hit.
>>
>>61965476
I mean, Something About Airplanes, Photo Album, Stability EP, Forbidden Love EP, Transatlanticism, and half of Plans, Narrow Stairs, and Codes & Keys are all really great too.
>>
>>61965593
not their newest one? some people were saying it's their best since transatlanticsm
>>
>>61963178
This album is comfy as hell. And as I said in the last Death Cab thread I can hear a slight emo element.
>>
>>61965643
Nobody's been saying that man.
>>
>>61965685
Yah! I know what you mean. I love that slight emo element it has going on and his mellow voice.
>>
>>61965685
There's a big Emo element. They went straight from being a Built To Spill kickoff to pioneering Twinkle
>>
Something about Airplanes and We Have the Facts are definitely their best works

Transatlanticism and Plans just fall short in my opinion.
>>
>>61966214
Transatlanticism is way better than Airplanes
>>
Death cab is one of my favorite bands desu
This album and transalatncism are tied for my faves, title track is one of my all time favorite songs. So cozy, and my friends are all big Death cab fans as well. Had a great night this fall where me, two of my best friends that love DC, and one friends girlfriend layed out on his lawn and just listened through this in full
>>
>>61964275
It's more nuanced than their newer stuff. The recording process was totally different than after transatlanticism, which was when they signed to atlantic. so there is a lot more "grit" in the recordings, they're clearly recorded in a house and not on really nice equipment. also the lyrics tend to be a little harsher, less navel gazing and predictable language (plans is the worst at this).

overall it's their best effort and most genre bending. there is indie rock, slowcore and elliott smith esque shit on here.

8/10 best dcfc album by far
>>
>>61968110
You're a fool that doesn't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>61968551
why?
>>
Some of you might enjoy this review of We Have the Facts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR80j_feM9o
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.