[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: albums recorded in under a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 301x300
ITT: albums recorded in under a week
>>
File: mak.jpg (71 KB, 496x500) Image search: [Google]
mak.jpg
71 KB, 496x500
recorded in 3 days, originally titled the 3 day theory, but took 4 extra days to mix and master, so got renamed to 7 day theory.
>>
all of buckethead's recent output i'd imagine
>>
spiderland was recorded in a weekend
>>
>>61956952
Is that a crack pipe on the album cover?
>>
>>61957206
Really? Shit that makes it even better
>>
>>61957208
>has never played Red Alert
>>
wasn't TMR recorded in like 4 hours or something?
>>
>>61958300
the instrumental tracks were laid down in about 6 hours, with the vocals recorded later
>>
>>61957245
Surely everyone knows the story by now. It was recorded real quick then the singer was checked into a mental hospital.
>>
File: zenarcade.jpg (644 KB, 1879x1891) Image search: [Google]
zenarcade.jpg
644 KB, 1879x1891
About 2-3 days IIRC
>>
>>61958300

After months of endless practice?
>>
>>61958324
Wow I didn't know that. Consideri g the length of it that's quite a feat.
>>
1 day
>>
>>61956952
Doesn't Steve Albini claim that most albums can be completed in a week? I would imagine that most could be recorded in a few days.
>>
>>61957188
Probably most of the rest of his discog too tbf.
>>
>>61958558
yep. the recording process doesnt matter much if the band is well prepared too. the important part is the composing of the music
>>
>According to Black Sabbath guitarist and founder member Tony Iommi, the group's debut album was recorded in a single day on 16 October 1969.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.