[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The future belongs to analog loyalists. Fuck digital >heavily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: indus.jpg (60 KB, 398x400) Image search: [Google]
indus.jpg
60 KB, 398x400
>The future belongs to analog loyalists. Fuck digital
>heavily relies on drum machine
>>
it was an analog drum machine you racist
>>
Also produced a number of Whitehouse albums but still maintains his anti digital views
>>
Is he also a hypocrite for using a cell phone or the internet or e-mail?
>>
>>61956710
That's silly he doesn't use them to make music.

He probably enjoys receiving a hand written letter more than an email though
>>
>>61956558
albini is actually pretty ok with spotify and streaming. says it's a great way to get music out there and find new stuff, but that good vinyl will always have the best sound

also that digital is a poor archival format, which I agree with
>>
albini was a major piss taker. said shit to piss people off
just read his big black diary funny as hell.
>>
>>61956578
this, it was a TR-606
>>
>>61957204
Why is it a poor archival format?
>>
>>61957333
because tape masters are incredibly easy to store and maintain and the standard is set.

you know how no one uses floppy discs anymore? it's like that
>>
>>61957372
I could be misunderstanding but why does that make storing g it digitally a bad way to do it?
>>
>>61956707

Just because Whitehouse uses electronic instruments doesn't mean they're digitally recorded
>>
>>61957422
digital standards are constantly changing and digital media hasn't reached the point where you can store something long-term without serious data loss

furthermore, even if every machine that could read tape tomorrow disappeared, the mechanics of operation are relatively simple so you could make a new one

not so with a sata drive or whatever
>>
>>61957539
I see. Not sure if agree though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.