[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this album just turned 10 years old today. Best indie album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: am1-640x640.jpg (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
am1-640x640.jpg
62 KB, 640x640
So this album just turned 10 years old today.
Best indie album of the noughties? It's an absolute classic already, in my opinion.
>>
>>61956448
explain why you think it's a classic
>>
>>61956448
one of the first albums i bought, i think it's terrible now, but it'll always have a place in my heart
>>
>>61956448
It's probably one of the most average. It's got decent tongue-in-cheek lyrics but musically it sounds too thin. Some good tunes though.
>>
>>61956466
Because it perfectly summed up the garage rock/post-punk revival scene that was happening in 2003-2006 imo
It's full of great tunes, fun lyrics and everything
>>
>>61956487
what's "everything"? and how are the lyrics "fun" explain
>>
File: aaaaavit.jpg (247 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
aaaaavit.jpg
247 KB, 1000x1000
>>61956448
this is much better, timeless. v good production and loads of v good tunes
>>
>>61956448
>>61956573
>Best indie album of the noughties
I can definitively tell you that you are both wrong
>>
It was decent and it was miles better than AM
This shit was fun and full of energy while AM is slow at times with decent songs on the mix
But for the replay factor AM wins
>>
waay overrated generic rubbish
without nme they'd just be another forgotten indieshit from the noughties
>>
File: lol.png (490 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
490 KB, 2000x2000
>It's another pop thread
>>
>>61957500
what's wrong with that, fag?
>>
>>61957510
Nothing, it's just that the catalog has enough threads already when it comes to generic pop/rock.

Feel free to discuss literally anything else, you know. If you're familiar with any.
>>
>>61957534
yeah if there's nothing wrong with it maybe stop bitching about it, i've never seen you contribute anything to this board other than shitposting anyway
fuck outta here
>>
>>61956448
I love it. FWN might be a better choice since it's much more varied than Whatever People Say.

>>61957534
Not experimental =/= generic.

Yes, they sold out with AM, but that doesn't mean their first three albums weren't heat.
>>
>>61957743
>Not experimental =/= generic.
I never implied the two were equal, but regardless, Arctic Monkeys are as generic as it gets.
>>
I'm from Sheffield, so my opinion is biased but probably the best album that came from the 'indie rock' scene in the 00s.
>>
>>61957778
a certain romance my nigga.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.