[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
J.S. Bach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1392905500.jpg (159 KB, 1028x1185) Image search: [Google]
1392905500.jpg
159 KB, 1028x1185
The greatest musician ever?
>>
>>61948020
he's certainly good
>>
He couldn't even play guitar half as well as John Mayer, and that's objectively true
>>
He's a fat hedonist
>>
>>61948020
He was the master of the fugue, which is one of the most interesting musical textures of all time. Super engaging and constantly flowing through interesting melodies and counter-melodies.

He also wrote awesome material for lute and cello and generally wrote the book on simple, adored melodies with accompaniments of varying complexity.

He was for sure excellent, and I'd say in the top ten of musicians who ever lived, if only for the importance of his work to all Western music.
>>
He isn't as great as Mozart or Beethoven, respectively.
>>
>>61948052
John Mayer is a little bitch
>>
>>61948168
Uh how bout you say that to my fucking face you little bitch??
>>
>>61948020
Yes, I've been to all his concerts
>>
Bach dropped a new single last year, if anybody's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwLLlT7MBkE
>>
I once wrote out Prelude in C as chords so I could play it on guitar, it was by far the most complex progression I've ever seen. Mad respect for this man.
>>
File: Niccolo_Paganini01.jpg (37 KB, 400x464) Image search: [Google]
Niccolo_Paganini01.jpg
37 KB, 400x464
>>61948020
>Bach over Beethoven
Please fampai. At least you didn't say Mozart though.

Also pic related, still under Beethoven but massively underrated.
>>
Bach is definitely the best. No question.
>>
Yeah pretty much. I used to have Beethoven above Bach at one point, but that's only because back in those days I, like quite a few others just dismissed Bach's music as just being technical and not emotional. Each of his pieces is so nuanced it just surprises me that how little of that we have had since him.
>>
>Greatest musician for his time
>Just because he played more than one melody at once

Riveting.

He certainly had a permenant effect on the entire world of music, but if rated against modern artists, his music is incredibly simplistic.

And yes, there was a time when I used to listen to him exclusively.
>>
>>61951240
g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>61948020
He very well could be according to reports, but it's impossible for us to know.
>>
He's good

but he's no david gilmour
>>
Yes.
Bach,van Beethoven,Mozart and Verdi..that will be the top 4....then come the Beatles and after that, way behind comes the rest of the musicians...
>>
>>61952563
Man, I simply do not get the beatles hype. First half of their albums are shitty love songs made because girls will gush over them. Not saying they aren't fun, not saying they aren't talented guys, I'm saying that first half of the beatles undersells themselves hard. I'd put a shit ton of other musicians before them.
>>
The greatest musician ever was probably some peasant in China who composed god-tier folk songs then died at 23.

>>61948153
>respectively
?
>>
>>61952600
But you don't really care for music ,do you?
>>
>>61948052
No, but he knows how to make works of art that will stand the test of time, unlike Mayer.
>>
>>61952667
Why would I waste my time here if i didn't care for music? I mean look at this shit, who's got a scream like lennon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS0wuN_6wyw&list=PLxAaesVgxoY5aNZQwxwqcbz5WHLnNWQCp&index=8
Whatever, sorry for derail.
>>
>>61952639
>>>61948153
>>respectively
>?

He probably means Mozart is #1 and Beethoven #2.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.