[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I understand music in modes, I learned on the guitar. I always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: young-thug.jpg (24 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
young-thug.jpg
24 KB, 306x306
I understand music in modes, I learned on the guitar. I always thought young thug, migos, future... You know, the cadenced rappers, reminded me of modal jazz soloists. They have a predictable chord change to follow and it's the soloists interaction rhythmically, melodically, and thematically with the backing musicians. That's thug and his producers. Thug also reminds of extremely masterful blues musicians. They grew up learning by ear, they never had any formal lessons. so while young thug's knowledge and accessibility to music theory is vast, his ability to conceptialize that is different than the formally trained musician. It's more connect with the self, it's sensed more than known, it's how true art is made. When knowledge and expression combine, or never were separate.
>>
wow you know, I always figured there were people could be pretentious about the "actual musicality" of rap music but then you really hear some spewing shit like this and I was not prepared to hear it yet.
>>
WE
>>
>>61946804
>implying this isnt simply bait
>>
>>61946368
now this a kek.

i didn't even laugh I just left a comment in approval and went to another thread, changed forever.
>>
>>61946822
SLEEP
>>
>>61946368
Young thug is literally the only one who does this creatively. Don't make a bigger deal of it than it is.
>>
>>61946827
OP is right though

well, at least about Thugger, Migos is shit
>>
>>61946368
I like to think that this kind of music is kinda like fast food.
You just wants something easy and you always get what you expect.
>>
LA LA LA Lil Thugga.
Baaabyyyyyyy
>>
THUGGA BABY
>>
Quick OP without the use of google tell me the difference between the Locrian and Phrygian modes
>>
File: IMG_3311.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3311.png
2 MB, 750x1334
I mean i would agree if you take out Migos and Fewtch. They both follow rigid "rules". Or they did before they blew up. Especially Future.
He wrote a bunch of hits, like racks on racks. Definitely followed a formula for that melody or whatever you're saying.
>>
>>61948818
who's that qt
>>
>>61948957
Alessia Cara
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.