[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good? The songs I heard other than fame sounded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 1500x1321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 1500x1321
Is this any good? The songs I heard other than fame
sounded kind of cheesy.

http://m.pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21488-young-americans/
>>
It's in my top 3 Bowie albums but that's not a very popular opinion. It's a pretty straightforward soul album with a little artsy touch. The title track is the best.
>>
Win is amazing, rest of the record is mediocre to bad. One of the worst Bowie records, down there with S/T, Let's Dance, Tonight, Never Let Me Down and Hours.
>>
>>61943238
An objectively wrong opinion.
>>
I loved the title track. Rest is alright, not a bad album.

>>61943238
Let's Dance was pretty fun though
>>
>Is this any good?
Why don't you listen to it and find out yourself?

I personally like it. It's not one of his best albums, but it's great aside from the Beatles cover.

>>6193238
> down there with S/T, Let's Dance, Tonight, Never Let Me Down and Hours.
Bad opinion.
>>
>>61943157

It's excellent. Don't worry, a lot of people have trouble getting into it at first. Tracks like Who Can I Be Now? and Right are some of his very best, at the b-sides from these sessions are great. Title track and Across the universe should have been replaced with B-sides and it would have been 10/10

Gotta say, I'm shocked and happy that pitchfork gave Diamond Dogs and 9/10

I literally yelled "yes" when they gave Heroes 10/10
>>
Young Americans, Fascination, Win, and Fame are my favorite songs. The others are fine. Across the Universe is the most polarizing song on the album.
>>
>>61943157
I like:

'Young Americans', 'Win', 'Fascination', 'Fame', and 'Who Can I Be Now?'
>>
>>61943335
>Who Can I Be Now?

My bad I meant "Somebody Up There Likes Me". Who can I be Now is the b-side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4a9ppLMx3I
>>
>>61943238
>Let's Dance
>bad
Plen
>>
It's tied with Lodger as my least favorite of his 70s output.
>>
>>61943335
>>61943350
Who Can I Be Now? Is one of my favorites too, shame it wasn't actually on the album.

Forgot to mention Right, I like that one too.
>>
>>61943372
Oh damn. I never even realized that I had a re-release track listing.
>>
>>61943280
>>61943368
>>61943314
You're just plebs.
>>
>>61943335
>>61943372
I listened to this album for months before realizing the last 3 tracks were bonus tracks. Shame because Who Can I Be Now really is one of the best songs to come out of the album's sessions.
>>
It has two bad songs, and three excellent b-sides to make up for it. 9/10 A real demonstration of his power when he's just cutting loose and not giving a fuck.
>>
The modern day equivalent of this would be Dave Grohl making a rap album. It's pretty good.
>>
File: 1313178415025.jpg (10 KB, 394x319) Image search: [Google]
1313178415025.jpg
10 KB, 394x319
>>61943238
>Young Americans
>Right
>Fame
>all mediocre to bad
>>
The only bad song is Across the Universe. The rest is brilliant.
>>
>linking the pitchfork review

We know album it is OP, it's pretty famous before Pitchfork was around
>>
It's a soul album, if you want glam rock bowie you probably won't like it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.