[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Mac DeMarco?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
What does /mu/ think of Mac DeMarco?
>>
/mu/ liked him until they didn't
>>
absolute goofball desu
*holds up cigarette*
>>
good jangly guitar pop but he's going downhill
>>
All his albums sound the same. Most people only like the first one of his that they hear.
>>
>>61942158
He`s fun
His Old Band With Alex Calder Makeout Videotape is best
Alex Calder is Making really Interesting Music too, Under his name and his Alias `Mold Boy

Mac`s Band has their own stuff under the name Walter TV and its probabaly better than Mac.

And then there is Homeshake, Mac`s old guitarist who makes some really similar but less serious (how though right) music with dragonball samples in it, also good.

his music is good and he sure has been associated with some talented folks

Makeout Videotape - Ying Yang
https://mega.co.nz/#!zJc2QKLa!LG_lUXGA_duU85iV_iFYk3BS0PNrf64_uhGDGYUIk6Y

Alex Calder - Time
https://mega.co.nz/#!mdEARTDZ!2-YWYNEpypeOOXlG9_7vvoxAgXP50z1CA4TbHbW4Wrc

Homeshake - The Homeshake Tape
https://mega.co.nz/#!GJtCFQ7C!QqBb_RMzyWlS1BEf1M-7LBBvJclyU4QYDDFVg6zT6As
>>
so goofy xD
>>
He's like if your mid-level fun friend in highschool got tons of attention and adoration. He wore out his welcome at a certain point. But his music is fun
>>
File: midnight snack.jpg (68 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
midnight snack.jpg
68 KB, 600x600
>>61943598
homeshake is GOAT
>>
>>61943598
Imma need that homeshake dl
>>
He seems like a cool guy but the fans he attracts are bottom of the barrel garbage.
>>
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is Vernor Winfield McBriare Smith IV but u can call me mac demarco t3h g00f8all oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very goofy!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet goofy ppl like me _… im 24 years old (im immature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch goof troop w/ my girlfreind (im str8 if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO goofy!!!! shes goofy 2 of course but i want 2 meet more goofy ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
VICEROYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein goofy again _^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

mac demarco t3h g00f8all oF d00m
>>
>>61942158
Introduce one of my best friend to him
>starts meming 24/7 about him
>now i hate both my friend and demarco
>>
>>61943955
you did good
>>
>>61943955
settle down you old fool of a memer
>>
I've enjoyed all of his work under "Mac DeMarco" but yeah, like most of /mu/, I am waiting for him to evolve and get away from the jizz-jazz gimmick. It was fun for about an album and a half. That said, his last album made minor progress in changing his style somewhat but it just wasn't that great.
>>
>>61942158
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUtZZf658TM
vs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIiYlHS0F0Y
>>
>>61943988
He also did the same thing for death grips
>>
File: 1453389263633.png (16 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1453389263633.png
16 KB, 700x700
>>61943955
lost at VICEROYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: mac demarco.png (364 KB, 579x766) Image search: [Google]
mac demarco.png
364 KB, 579x766
I can overlook his fanbase because he makes some really sweet songs. He's not an innovator but he does have an original sound and it's one that I happen to enjoy. That said like 90% of these last fm plays are from last summer I don't listen to him very often any more.
>>
File: 1374122789436.jpg (39 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1374122789436.jpg
39 KB, 680x510
>>61944352
>>
>>61944352
notaste.jpg
>>
File: Dj Khaled x Mac Demarco.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Dj Khaled x Mac Demarco.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
much of his discography is good but gets old fast, however pic related is fucking timeless, honestly may be one of my favorite albums of all time

i hate this fanbase though, and his "goofball" image was a bit annoying but he's seeming to grow out of that now
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.