[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your favorite memory you associate with this album.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: folder.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
>drunkenly singing Two Headed Boy with my high school friends one of the last days we all saw each other
>>
Listening to this in high school and hearing the line "And mom would drink until she was no longer speaking/And dad would think of all the different ways to die" as they argued in the other room.
>>
>>61939397
Fuck, man. :(
>>
>>61938140
haha so many good times with this one... if i had to choose it would probably be listening to it alone in my room!
>>
>>61938140
I would get to high school an hour early every day because that's the only time my parents could drive me.

Sitting in an empty hallway on a cool summer morning drinking an iced coffee and listening to this album. Nothing beat it. I'll always remember that.
>>
>>61938140
It turned out my gf liked it
>>
File: image_12.jpg (38 KB, 579x482) Image search: [Google]
image_12.jpg
38 KB, 579x482
>>61939593
This memory is too cozy.
>>
Singing the opening of "King of Carrot Flowers part 2" (well more like bleating out the lyrics like a scared lamb), and my very religious mother always asking what I was singing. She really liked the "I love you Jesus Curist" bit. I never did tell her. I listened to it around the time I was leaving for college, and I guess I thought she'd remember raising me a bit more fondly if she saw me leaving singing about Jesus...just like she always wanted me to. I'm sorry...
>>
>>61939638
>Cool summer mist as you walk to the school
>Puffy gray clouds that promise to stay only for the morning
>The building is empty and the hum of the lights makes a comfortable silence
>The floor was freshly cleaned and cool, smells faintly of lemons and chemicals
>Feeling the air on your legs and arms after a long winter
>Sipping coffee alone
>When you were young your were the king of carrot flowers
I wish I was that anon.
>>
>>61939919
holy shit anon are you alright
>>
When I was actually reading Anne Frank's diary and first got into this album.

AND IN THE DARK
WE WILL TAKE OFF OUR CLOTHES
>>
>>61940616
Yeah, I left on relatively good terms with her.

It was just as I left I realized how estranged we had become, especially through my high-school years. I thought it was just one of those phases, but the space between us never closed, and I think it won't
>>
my friend introducing me to it in his basement when he and I were still on good terms

we just played music and smoked weed

it was nice
>>
This thread made me sad.
>>
I found this album in 7th grade. It was a rough year. Flunked a majority of my classes, parents were getting divorced, and tried to commit suicide.

After my hospitalization, I was still depressed as shit. The meds did nothing to help it. I was thinking about trying to kill myself one more time and at my darkest point, I found this album. It was like therapy to me. I've listened to it well over 100 times. Drove my friends CRAZY with it. Sang along a knew all the words. It really put me in a completely different place then where I was.

It has been almost 10 years since and admittedly, I can't listen to it much anymore; if I do, I start getting choked up and cry before the half way point. I know this album is treated like a meme and has been dismissed because of it, but in my opinion, this album is beautiful and everyone should hear it just once.

As corny/edgelord as this might sound, if I hadn't found this album, I'm not entirely sure if I would be here right now.
>>
>>61938140

>Starting to feel lonely after becoming distanced from most of my friends
>Recently fell head over heels in love with somebody who didn't reciprocate my feelings
>Get into the shower, feel the warm water rushing over me
>Throw on this album from my phone outside of the shower
>King of Carrot Flowers Pt.1 comes on
>I'd listened to the album a lot before this but suddenly all the lyrics took a different meaning, it was like something just clicked
>Singing along but start getting a little weepy after the second stanza
>By the end of the third stanza I'm sobbing
>Pt.2 comes on
>Sobbing and shouting "I LOOOOVE YOUUU JEEESUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIST"
>Get out of the shower after finishing the album, the whole thing was an emotional rollercoaster
>>
File: JoyDivision-Closer.jpg (119 KB, 1652x1498) Image search: [Google]
JoyDivision-Closer.jpg
119 KB, 1652x1498
Oh gosh there's just so many.
I have so many great memories of listening to albums in high school sitting alone doing homework, on the bus looking out the window and not talking to anyone, jerking off in my room and then listening to music.
Oh and there was this really special time where I listened pic related on the bus going to a band field trip really loud to drown out the noise of everyone else talking and laughing!
>>
Listening to it outside in freezing cold in earbuds
>>
Making fun of /mu/fags who drastically overrate entry level mediocre hipster garbage with no impressive aspects whatsoever.
>>
>>61941872
>shitposting in a thread where anons are sharing personal memories and bonding through an album across different points in the world

Go drive into a lake
>>
File: iZROdVx.jpg (136 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
iZROdVx.jpg
136 KB, 640x640
>>61941872
>entry level
This meme exists on this board too?
>>
>>61939919
This
>>
My favourite memory would be listening to it next to my then-girlfriend alone in our tent at 3am in high school sophomore year when we went to the desert for our school trip.
>>
>>61940920
What drove you guys apart?
>>
>>61941931
>>61941931
>getting overly emotional on 4chan because faux elitist teenagers who can't actually play music have deeply entrenched memelove for a whining hipster who can't sing or play anything more impressive than standard chords
>>
>>61939397
damn...
>>
>>61942021
Sounds cute.:)
>>
>>61938140
Summer evening, everyone drunk, outside near a lake

"and in the dark we will take off our clothes"

Everyone went swimming completely naked, best night of my life. Almost three years ago now
>>
Is there a music version of that picture titled: "Movies women will never understand"?
>>
File: 1355494352818s.jpg (5 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1355494352818s.jpg
5 KB, 245x250
>>61942038
>music is a competition with objective criteria and standards and not an art form meant to evoke emotions in people
>>
Probably the time I was on a flight going to the last holiday destination I'd ever visit with him, and he noticed, pointed out and had a discussion with me about the fact that I knew who Neutral Milk Hotel were.

He died of leukemia a couple years later. Love you dad.
>>
>>61942141
>implying the majority of people here don't treat it as a competition and hierarchy of taste
>>
>>61942141
>meant to evoke emotions
no
>>
Long distance relationship, driving back and forth and feeling suicidally depressed over it right out of high school.

>In your heart there's a spark that just screams
>>
>>61942191
Maybe one day you'll understand :')
>>
Listening to it while I still lived in my parents' house.. My mum, who can't sing for shit, is like WHAT are you listening to? I sing better than this in the shower.
This is how I came to associate Jeff Mangum with my mum
>>
>>61942191
A U T I S M

U

T

I

S

M
>>
I played the title song at the last day of school concert with my friend playing the vocals on guitar and it was very nice
>>
>>61942093
>tfw shes getting married in June and im sitting here alone at 1am on a Friday night
>>
Ignoring the memes and actually enjoying it in the dark.
>>
One of the first times I ever got high was at a party. My best friend of 10 years and I sat on this comfy cough, blasted this album, and badly belted out the entire thing. At the end we were kind of shocked it happened but it was cool.
>>
probably going to see them live with my girlfriend when we were still together
>>
Listening to the album while being drunk by the river that runs through mu home town, knowing this will be the last summer i see many of my friends
>>
>>61938140

Had the privilege to listen to this while riding a train across Germany. Listening to 'Oh Comely' while just watching the rolling hills of Germany pass was magical.
>>
Driving around in my car all day, avoiding classes because I had extreme anxiety.
I don't have fond memories with this album. If anything I just love to sing along to it while driving.
>>
File: 1408477796153.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1408477796153.gif
371 KB, 500x375
Beyond all the memes and obscure lyrical references and this board being so closely identified with this album across the Internet, the music on this album has some staying power like few do, and it's really rare that I think about individual albums that way.

Just reading through this thread, there's a thousand different circumstances in which these themes of longing and loss and existential dread and all out fun can lend spiritual catharsis and relief from emotional distress, however ephemeral.

The fact that we can even have a substantial thread of memories we have with this particular album is just testament to its magic. Sometimes I need to be reminded that music can make me feel that way and after so long, I can always return to In the Aeroplane Over the Sea and feel fulfilled, albeit sad that so much time can pass in between listens that these memories tend to fade as friends and family come and go. Reflecting on time and its passing when I consider how long I've been listening to this album and how much I've changed as a person is almost too sad to bear, but I'm glad I can still feel this strongly about anything at all.

Love you, /mu/. Thanks.
>>
>>61939397
Found out about this album about 2 years ago, same lyrics made me think about My youth. My dad still looks petrified whenever he passes my room when I play it.
>>
File: 1380608434657.jpg (62 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
1380608434657.jpg
62 KB, 500x452
>>61942985
god fucking dammit man
This thread is too much for me. Christ.
>>
>>61941611
Sad that there are people dismiss music because it's been memed to oblivion.
>>
>>61942859
woah i did the same thing also ok computer
>>
>>61942985
damn man. i hate how much shit changes honestly
>>
File: sad skelly.jpg (135 KB, 736x550) Image search: [Google]
sad skelly.jpg
135 KB, 736x550
I remember having no friends (i still don't) but this one brit on my class liked folk so i showed ITAOTS with him, and the next day he just had a shit ton of stuff to say about the album, we discussed for hours on end about what everything meant and why we thought it was so good

Never saw him again

>>61942985
fuck man
>>
>>61943446
no friends? why do you think?
>>
File: 1402636707504.gif (2 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
1402636707504.gif
2 MB, 450x188
>>61943446
>never saw him again
>>
>>61941611
that's note an "edgelord" thing at all and you shouldnt meme on yourself like that. theres plenty of films, books, movies, etc. that have gotten many people through horrible times and to acknowledge that and give respect to it isn't "edgy" at all. when will this shitty meme die?
>>
>>61943506
and i dont mean that in a wrong sense just curious
>>
>>61938140

Playing the title song (badly) with one of my friend in our shitty little band in a backyard in front of 10 people, about 3 summers ago. Last real innocent time in my life before the Real World hit me like a ton of brick
>>
File: 1399491178192.jpg (12 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
1399491178192.jpg
12 KB, 249x213
This thread is intense, holy fuck.
>>61943446
Also no friends here. Hope things look up for both of us soon. What's your last, man?
>>
>be this summer
>go to festival with my estranged brother that Sufjan is playing the second day of
>find a campsite in this persons yard on Criagslist, not even more then quarter mile from the festival grounds that is in a small valleyright nest to the house
>first night we have a major thunder storm with massive winds
>be sleeping in a tent but the rain floods us and the wind is making the tent unstable
>sleep in car
>Wake up as the sun is rising to the mess of the campsite, everything is soaked
>in the quite of the morning you can hear them doing sound checks on the main stages
>you can hear Sufjan and band practice Shoulda Known Better, To Be Alone With You and Chicago echoing up from the valley

10/10
>>
File: 1390920936705.jpg (27 KB, 893x528) Image search: [Google]
1390920936705.jpg
27 KB, 893x528
It reminds me of getting excited to start college. New start, possibly make friends, be more social - all that kinda stuff.

Too bad I made no friends, fucked up a lot of my papers, and am worse off than ever now.

It was a great time regardless, and the feeling i felt when it "clicked" will always be one of my fondest memories.
>>61943614
honestly? Probbably never, unfortunately.

>>61942985
nicely said
>>
>work hard to get somewhere in life
>move to Brooklyn
>all my friends have moved other places
>it actually sucks here
>listen to red house painters
>remember living in italy and driving around the city with my italian friends going to shows
>the harder I work the shittier my life gets
>>
Holy fuck this thread
Haven't seen anything like this on /mu/ in ages, just shows the emotional power of that album really

>>61943811
here's my last.fm
http://www.last.fm/pt/user/duartemartinho
>>61943506
>>61943679
i'm uninteresting outside of music, and most people don't really care about music
i don't like people and i don't like being alone, so it leaves me in this weird paradox of nothingness
it's hard to explain really
>>
>living in Paris with a good friend
>we start the morning listening to boards of canada and sun kil moon
>remember listening to tonight in Bilbou as the plane landed at the airport early in the morning before the sun comes up
>walking through the airport as the sun finally rises
>>
>>61943910
Huh, I have some friends and I feel the same way actually. I'm the same way about music, you gotta find those who are interested in music like us. Being uninterested outside of music sounds like you're maybe insecure, try being real with people and try building a relationship with someone, grill or not.
>>
File: exestential_sloth.jpg (74 KB, 896x818) Image search: [Google]
exestential_sloth.jpg
74 KB, 896x818
>>61943863
iktf, man.
Life as a wage slave made me contemplate the futility of my existence on a daily basis. One of the hardest times of my life.
>>
One time during the summer I sneaked out to listen to this album behind the shed. It was like 3 AM, and my mom came out just after I finished the album, as I was laying in shock, my mother yelled at me "WHAT ARE YOU DOING"
I quickly muttered out of my breath, "I...I just don't know...."

My mother never really liked being around me
>>
This thread really upsets me
>>
>>61942374
oddly enough, same here
>>
>>61944129
You had to sneak out to listen to music?

woah
>>
>>61942985
:')
>>
>>61944226
Yeah she beat the hell out me
>>
File: 1402636836628.png (5 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
1402636836628.png
5 KB, 255x253
>>61944184
It's crushing me. I need to stop reading but I can't.
>>61944226
This
>>61944129
Holy fuck, dude. What was your home life like?
>>
>>61944308
Out of me
>>
>>61944184
it's the most intimate i ever was with people

i wish i was rusing

>>61944308
why?
>>
>>61944316
It wasn't that bad homie. She just wanted a clean home and me to be a good person. Like any mother should.
What was your home life like???
>>
>>61944316
Is it just me or is /mu/ really feels today? Everyone's talking about depression and shit in every thread.
>>
the night after our last high school football game as seniors, we were all sitting around talking, feeling sentimental and sad about the fact that we would never play competitively again (only one of us was playinig in college), and then someone put on Brothersport. i just remember the general mood in the room completely turned around while this was playing. it was my first experience with my now-favorite band.
>>
>>61944404
My dad left when I was six and my single mother and I could never get along well. I have a sister that loves me though.
>>
>>61944414
It's the snow I swear
>>
the ride back home from work in the bus at like 2am
>>
>>61944444
>>
>>61942175
>>61939397
>>61941611
>>61941798
>>61942985
>>61943446
>>61944129

I want to hug you all. Thank you for sharing yourselves with us.
>>
File: 81qafrh6400.jpg (68 KB, 239x276) Image search: [Google]
81qafrh6400.jpg
68 KB, 239x276
>>61944549
Hug reciprocated. I feel so sad.
>>
>singing along to it while laying in the grass smoking weed with a friend i loved romantically at the time
>>
>>61944549
i want to hug you too anon, i haven't been this feelsy in ages
>>
>>61944549
Thanks for acknowledging us. For some reason it feels good to know someone out there has read something you shared about yourself. I wanna hug everyone in this thread
>>
Wow this thread made it rain in my room :(
>>
>>61944700
/mu/ is having a really bad day today. Hopefully it'll feel better tomorrow
>>
>>61942985
As a musician, how can you even make an album that just attaches itself to so many people's lives? Everybody knows music is powerful, and it can do a lot of things, but how can you, as the artist, make those things happen like this. The fact that this album has done so many of the things in this thread, like possibly saving an anon's life, lifting another anon's spirits, and bringing a bunch of strangers on the internet a little closer together is amazing. How can an album have this sort of power?
>>
An Irish friend showing me this album on a terrace in Holland.

His idea of a souvenir for his brother was smuggling weed back to Ireland in his asshole

>familia es todo
>>
>back in high school
>no friends
>Was rarely happy

when I'd come home, and be alone in my bedroom i'd listen to it. It was one thing that always made me happy. Like happy to the point where you're eyes feel tingly like you might cry. Then at the ending of two headed boy pt 2, when he puts his guitar down, my eyes would water. It's why I will still staunchly defend this album when people talk garbage about it.
>>
>>61943820
woo, I love Sufjan, that must have been magical
>>
>>61944773
This shit amazes me too, I always think about it.

Usually dealing with human aspects and emotions can get to a lot of people, like mythology and film, or thats what i think
>>
File: 1418256936962.png (15 KB, 640x773) Image search: [Google]
1418256936962.png
15 KB, 640x773
>dropping older brother off at College with family
>listen to ITAOTS at the hotel afterwards
>mfw Two Headed Boy pt.2
>>
>>61944773
My honest opinion is that the album is sad and emotional, not in a musical sense but in the themes. However it's disguised really well through the lyrics and music so as not to give this away. People can relate their own lives to this album so well because of it, without feeling "angsty" or "self-pitying".
>>
File: 1436558147996.jpg (1 MB, 1952x3264) Image search: [Google]
1436558147996.jpg
1 MB, 1952x3264
>>61942038
I don't have enough fedoras in my reaction image folder to properly mock you so here's my favorite
>>
>>61944773

>>61941611 here. I have no clue how to answer. I don't know much about how the recording process went with this album, but I can personally say that Mangum's voice is like a kaleidoscope of emotion through out this album. Joyous at times then he sings full of pain and agony in other place.

I guess what I'm saying is: when you devote yourself entirely (personally, emotionally, spiritually, hell even physically) to a piece of art, people will sense this and acknowledge you putting your heart on your sleeve and it will resound with them and many others.

I hope this made any sense at all.
>>
Sitting in my room alone in the dark listening to Two Headed Boy Pt. 2 after I had received word of my father's death. He was always a fan of folk music and this was an album we both loved. Every day I would visit him in the hospital and we'd listen to other favorites of ours like Pink Moon or Songs of Love and Hate. The day he died I had to stay in late for work, it was the only day I'd missed since his hospitalization. We never got around to listening to In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.
>>
Good thread. Thanks, /mu/. I needed this tonight.
>>
>>61938140
Smoking a morning cigarette and having good coffee listening to King of Carrot Flowers Pt.1-3 at the bus stop to high school.
>>
This is the best thread I've ever seen on /mu/. I love this album and I feel like I'm building memories arround it right now.
>>
>>61938140
Sitting alone at the train station late a night listing to oh comely wishing i had someone to talk to.
>>
Listening to it and singing along with friends while driving on I-10 through Mobile on a road trip.
>>
There's a lot to choose from. Am I allowed to pick the actual Neutral Milk Hotel concert I went to?
>me and a good friend
>got to stand at the very front
>everyone singing along at the tops of our lungs
>the whole crowd swaying like one harmonious wave

It was such an amazing feeling of community and joy.
>>
>>61942985
Hi, r/indieheads!
>>
File: hat.jpg (190 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
190 KB, 1067x800
>>61947417
Dropped your hat, anon.
>>
>>61947455
*upvotes*
>>
>>61947455
nice meme sir :^)
>>
File: 1368977080662.png (94 KB, 384x413) Image search: [Google]
1368977080662.png
94 KB, 384x413
>this thread
>>
>>61938140
Riding the bus home and listening to this album. People all around me talking to each other and made me realise how lonely I was, I practically cut all social related ties. I just sat there and accepted it all, but realised the power if music and how much it moved me.

Fuck I'm lonely. Is it a bad thing? I just feel odd, out of place, like it doesn't fit in society. Where ever I walk I feel like I'm sticking out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>61948214
No. I feel like a fucking alien in my hometown. It's awful.
>>
>>61948214
ahaha we're all fucking lonely here, thats why he continually search for obscure music to fill the ever growing void instead of facing reality.

Keep your head up anon.
>>
File: 1453158154073.jpg (72 KB, 493x700) Image search: [Google]
1453158154073.jpg
72 KB, 493x700
Quick question, I heard like files can degrade, like an mp3. Can they degrade to a point noticeable or am I going full retard
>>
>>61945635
This one hits hard because ITAOS is one of my dad and I's favorite albums, I fear that it will have a similar effect when he passes. I hope you're doing okay, anon <3.
>>
>>61948306
Thank you. Reading this thread has made me realise that there are other people out there who share the same feeling and I shouldnt feel alone.
>>
>>61948396
I would also like to know.
>>
>>61948396
Apparently they can but I don't know how noticeable
>>
>>61939549
kek... but this ):
>>
I don't have any one memory that sticks out above the rest. I got into this album just over a year ago and for about two or three months I would listen to the album several times a week. Listening to In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is always a cathartic religious experience that suspends my sense of reality for approximately 40 minutes.
>>
>>61940011
Damn, this was good. Made me feel a lot.
>>
Megadeth-peace sells but who's buying
>>
File: 1449963038499.png (47 KB, 1056x587) Image search: [Google]
1449963038499.png
47 KB, 1056x587
This thread made me realize I haven't listened to this in at least a year. Better get on it.
>>
>>61941872
You talk about 'impressive', but I'll bet you listen to watered down pop like everyone here does. There's nothing wrong with that, but stop fapping over Lorde and Death Grips while talking about being "impressive". Its fucking subjective and thats all there is to it.
>>
File: mu screenshot.jpg (326 KB, 1344x593) Image search: [Google]
mu screenshot.jpg
326 KB, 1344x593
Taking this screenshot
>>
File: tumblr_nwlaonArxW1u8df7so1_1280.png (201 KB, 670x566) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwlaonArxW1u8df7so1_1280.png
201 KB, 670x566
>this thread
>>
What's all this about listening to NMH with your friends or someone. Fuck I never met anyone who knew who they were.
>>
>>61949569
>this thread will be washed up in the landfill that is ITAOTS threads
tragic
>>
my friend and i singing in the aeroplane over the sea over skype late at night. i was tired and lying on my side kind of falling asleep. they played it on the ukulele, reading the chords off of a website as i tried to follow along from memory. i have the recording on my phone of us singing it together and i listen to it whenever i need a pick me up. it starts a little late in the song but its nice listening to me groggily trying to keep up with them
>>
i went on a vacation to costa rica in 2013, and this was the only album i had on my phone at the time. since i had no 3g when we were on the road, this album was all i had to listen to, so i listened to it countless times to give me something other than the scenery outside the bus to focus on. now every time i hear this album i get weirdly nostalgic
>>
File: 1416089768007.jpg (42 KB, 547x471) Image search: [Google]
1416089768007.jpg
42 KB, 547x471
>all of these depressed white people who associate NMH with having one girlfriend one time

lol
>>
>>61950297
>implying you're not white
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>61950324
lol no dog I'm fillipino
>>
>>61950347
Alright, special shitskin snowflake ameriburger.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>61950297
I'm not white, I'm a grorious nipponese. Stop assuming shit, pal
>>
>>61942191
Lol what? wtf is the deal with this kind of people?
>>
>>61938140
when it ended the first time i listened to it. so glad this piece of shit was over with
>>
First listened to this album last year, one week before the loss of a great friend. Listened to it during the whole grieving period.
I still can't listen to it and not cry during Oh Comely. Those lyrics kill me ;-;
>>
I can't just post one, I have too many
>>
File: 1427672066086.jpg (226 KB, 936x728) Image search: [Google]
1427672066086.jpg
226 KB, 936x728
>>61942038
>hurr durr emotions are for faggots
gtfo
>>
Hanging out with a bunch of random people from /mu/ in a Skype call, playing guitar to this and reciting copypastas. It was nice
>>
>be me about 7 years old
>teachers always say being alone will never make me happy
>but I prefer to be alone than to be with people
>develop a false social behavior, one that i could fit in with people

while I was growing up few changes made me incredibly more social, but more dependant on social features, at the point where I really lost myself, had no personality, and the pressure made me become a social outcast, all hit when I was 14 at highschool, each time I became more and more anxious that I had either a personality nor friends to talk to.

>fast forward a few years
>top of my depression
>mainly browse /mu/ all day
>close all social network relationships
>literally no one to talk to

It's funny, ive been on this board about 6 or 7 months, then one day I came across this album, interesting because i didn't thought it was a meme at first, and I decided to give it a try, didn't quite liked it when I listened to it, was ok, but then something happened.

>be me, 31 december 2015
>decide to go for a walk in a forest nearby
>first time i go out in 3 months
>play ITAOS while im on the walk
>walk for about 40 minutes
>think about why i feel this urge to be alone
>i hate myself
>take headphones off, start crying
>realize im not emotionally prepared to deal with the world
>why to live?
>too much emotions
>the album goes on loop
>already had ended
>grabbed a rope and started preparing to hang myself
>plays In The Aeroplane over the Sea
>decide to listen to it as my last song
>Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all.
>stopped listening
>sat on a rock nearby
>gave it 50 minutes of thought
>realize I love being with myself
>go to a plain
>start running because for the first time in years im happy.
>sleep in the plain
>wake up, it's 5:30
>i was ready to leave all behind me and start over again
>go home
>sleep
>start 2016 like a new year

Thanks /mu/ for changing my life.
>>
File: 1408391835636.jpg (79 KB, 842x805) Image search: [Google]
1408391835636.jpg
79 KB, 842x805
>tfw no meaningful and deep memories from high school
>tfw the only really sad one that stands out is me crying with a plastic bag over my head at 2am during my freshman year
>all because my friends that drifted away from me during middle school were popular or some dumb shit like that
>>
>>61951054
damn anon
>>
>>61947312
listened to it with friends on a roadtrip across Pennsylvania while smoking a hookah in the backseat

fuck man i miss those days of impulsive decisions
>>
Hearing this record for the first time my senior year of high school. I found it at that weird point where for a brief time I could actually remember all of the really good times I had during my four years in the little shit hole town I went to school in. I finally decided to listen to it while sitting in the back of a class I was only taking to fill up my schedule. The first thing that hooked me was Mangum's signature voice. Then, with each consecutive listen learning more and more about this stunning work of art. Each lyric conjures very distinct memories of my past. It filters those emotions through a little girl and her diary. It makes me feel very small and yet so very significant at the same time. I really do love this album.
>>
>>61951054
Wow. Im glad youre feeling better, anon.
>>
I'm not going to post my entire sob story here, but in 9th grade things were finally going well for me. Then everything slowly fell apart as I was introduced to drugs. I didn't do them a lot, it was just knowing that my friends were always high, and they were never themselves, I would never get to talk to THEM. I felt very alienated. Didn't help that my biological parents who abandoned me were trying to get back into my life (i was raised by my grandparents). I listened to it at least once a week. It helped me make sense of everything. It all felt so alien, and it still does. It'll always be my favorite album. Fuck the memes. I love you all, anons. You're all alright.
>>
>>61951620
I also wouldn't have started playing music without this album. Fun fact.
>>
Today was a rare day, lately its been /b/ with a hint of music, glad that there are still people on here that can discuss the topic.
>>
>>61950676
Thank you, you made me laugh.
>>
>sitting in the back seat of my parents' car
>driving into nearby city to go to dinner
>listening to ITATOS
>climax of THB pt 2 comes as highway arches up and the whole city lights up before my eyes
>sight alone literally makes me smile
>pull off the highway as song winds down
>"dont hate her when she gets up to leave"
>listen to silence for 10 seconds
>pull down street, look at the side of a small warehouse/building
>goddamn anne frank's face painted as a mural on the side
>feel so good and whole and accepted and happy that i just start laughing
>>
Got into the album in high school, in my first year. It was a particularly tough time for me, I was attending an advanced curriculum magnet program, and I knew no one at the school. This album and The Glow Pt 2 became two of the three things that held me together. The other was Her. She was the only one in my classes that actually understood me, and she felt the same about me (she even liked AnCo, her brother is a friend of them, they have artwork that they've done). She then separated herself from the world, and there wasn't much I could do. Still think about her every day.
>>
Saw them live 2 years ago at first ave in minneapolis. went there with my closest friend ive ever had and kissed her while they played two headed boy pt 2. but honestly ive never felt anything as magical or tearbringing than when i saw jeff and julian come on stage and realized, it was finally happening. i was seeing them in person.
>>
>>61951054
I think that's my favorite line in all of Jeff's songs, "how strange it is to be anything at all..."
the only respected people in society are the lowest common denominator of a person, someone with nothing to be ashamed of, with no real portion of themself invested in anything. You can't be anything that the world won't try to laugh at and pick apart. The only true freedom is realizing you don't have to define yourself by other people.

Here's mine
>about to leave country for two years, where I'll be involved in a form of service, the nature of which restrained me from communicating with family or listening to music frequently (among many other things)
>40 minute drive to the place I was getting dropped off, listening to the album that changed my life one last time
>"don't hate her as she gets up to leave" just as I enter the gates
>>
Why is everyone in this thread male?
>>
>>61951215
>>61951611
Thanks, I really am, I don't feel bad for being myself anymore, it's really cool considering the fact that even if im still emotionally unstable im preparing to become a greater person.

>>61952046
>"don't hate her as she gets up to leave"
must've been hard man.
>>
>>61952195
Who knows, maybe because it's 4chan?
>>
>>61952240
agreed
>>
>>61952240

Why are there no female virgins here pining over the boys they were with when they listened to AOTS then?
>>
>>61952195
rule 29
>>
>>61952298
This is a handful of people, 4chan isn't everyone
>>
>>61952334

are you sure it's not because girls are hypergamous by nature and dont care about the beta losers who have oneitis for them
>>
>>61952397
I guess everyone who listens to this album only exist on this site, wow you are right
>>
I'm getting really strange emotions from reading this. Sadness because some of these stories are hitting me deep, but also happy that y'all are being civil. I honestly expected nothing but memes when I opened the thread.

Anyways, mine isn't interesting at all but I was singing along to this album in the car and I hit the high note on Oh Comely perfectly each time. Pretty proud of that one desu
>>
>need music for car ride with friends
>put on Holland, 1945
>anon what the fuck is this
>haha shit turn that trash off
>o-okay
>other friend changes it to banger_compilation_2013.mp3
>>
File: 1302654053459.jpg (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1302654053459.jpg
8 KB, 493x402
>>61952474
mfw
>>
>>61938140
>summer after first year of college
>visiting a girl who had moved out of state at her parents new place
>her parents are out of town
>been close friends with her all through highschool
>always just friends with her, we both had dated other people but had been strictly platonic with each other
>her parents new house was on a lake
>snuck some beers and whiskey from parents liqour cabinet (neither of us 21 yet) and we went out on the lake in a little paddle boat
>drinking under the moonlight talking, drinking, catching up on old times.
>no one else is around. Everything is so peaceful.
>bring the boat back in and go chill in the back porch.
>it's an enclosed porch with a couch.
> we both want to keep drinking and decide to listen to music. She puts on Aeroplane, an album I had shown her like a year before
>both of us completely obsessed with aeroplane
>both sitting on the couch getting drunk
>no lights on, just the moon light shinning into the porch area
>Two headed boy comes on
>both of us getting really cozy, never gotten this cozy with her before
>suddenly she gives me that look and we start making out.
>crazy passionate makeout session
>kissing each other, biting each other, grouping each other while in the background i hear

>And dance round the room to accordion keys
>With the needle that sings in your heart

>my hand going up her shirt
>her hand going down my pants
>in the background i hear

>We will take off our clothes
>And they'll be placing fingers through the >notches in your spine

>we go at it and it gets hot and heavy
>tfw she doesn't want to fuck but does want to suck me off
>tfw coming in her mouth while listening to aeroplane
>tfw we hooked up off and on for a while after that but getting sexual ultimately ruined our friendship and we ended up hating each other and haven't spoken in years now.
>>
>>61951153
jesus :(
>>
this really pretty girl moved into the house next to mine this one summer, I think it was just after grade 10. came across ITAOTS a few months prior. one night I hear Oh Comely come on.. and it's not coming from my speakers... I get up and move closer to the sound. I'm up against my widow and hear it's coming from her room next door. it made me so happy to hear just one other person from my small suburban neighborhood listening to my favourite album of the time. I start to day dream about talking to her and walking through fields and having our first kiss. I dream of how nice it would be to just lay in bed and listen to music for hours. From that night on I would occasionally open my window and play it really loud in hopes of her hearing... And to my surprise one night she puts it on too. We started to communicate in this weird musical language maybe 2 or 3 times a week and it felt like we had this strange bond... like we knew each other truly. Weeks go by and I never really see her in person, only small glimpses of the back of her head or the trails of her dress as she arrives home, and I'm too young and nervous to ever go over to meet her, and I think she was the same. Still we played music for eachother and I sat by my window thinking about how wonderful it would be just to make this all real. But that day never came. She went to a different school and I never saw her coming home, I tried to wait around outside sometimes and catch her but our paths never crossed. In my last year of school I met another girl, who I'm actually still with, so I think less an less of her. And now I've moved countries for uni and I reflect on this time every once in while. It was such a strange experience but I love what it did and still does make me feel... this strange element of fiction in my reality. Thanks for all the stories in this thread /mu/, reminds me of why I come here.
>>
I lost my virginity to this Album, it was so beautiful, am still with her too.
>>
File: 1397554543625.jpg (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1397554543625.jpg
11 KB, 400x400
>>61952474
This thread is proof that if you can't find some value in ITAOTS, you pretty much hate music.
>>61952866
Glad for you, anon.:)
>>
File: MO5ih.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
MO5ih.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
Guys, you're all being so endearing and genuine. I don't want this thread to die and go back to regular old /mu/.:(
Please, all of you, stay golden. I love all of you.
>>
>>61952864
Tragic, beautiful, and bittersweet. Thanks for sharing, anon.
>>
>>61952778
Yikes. Make me relieved I never slept with any of my good friends. Good memory though.:/
>>
>>61952440
same
>>
>waking up at 7am a few days before summer break ended
>cool misty summer morning
>Sitting on the porch listening to Cemetry gates while the sun rises

Good memories man
>>
>>61952932
then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief. So dawn goes down to day...
>>
File: goodnight everybody.jpg (45 KB, 959x712) Image search: [Google]
goodnight everybody.jpg
45 KB, 959x712
>second year of uni
>10th of February 2012
>ITAOTS's 14th birthday
>start the album on a loop at precisely midnight on computer and iPod (for if I needed to leave the room or the house) simultaneously
>going for 24 solid hours of ITAOTS
>18 hours in, get a phone call about a house party
>grab iPod and head over
>explain why I have a headphone in my ear, friends all love it too and are on board
>drop a shit load of MDMA with them
>a bunch of us end up in one of the bedrooms listening, singing along, and talking, high as kites
>realise it's passed midnight
>I did it!
>we all head downstairs to rejoin the party, was a great night

Those were the days.
>>
>>61953261
Alright but can we agree that all these levels of irony and memespouting and snide ways of shitting on each other constantly is fucking exhausting? I'm really tired of this being such a dysfunctional community. I was us to be like this all the time.
>>
File: 100sad.jpg (45 KB, 442x740) Image search: [Google]
100sad.jpg
45 KB, 442x740
>>61952778
>that ending

God damn it why is reality so completely and utterly shit.
>>
>>61953302
I agree completely. This is how all of 4chan is now, and I have no idea why it's happening. It was always like this in a way but it was way less prolific than it is now. It's completely out of control and I fucking hate it.
>>
>>61953302
This thread is just proof that the hard, emotionless front we all put up is just the outer shell of a hurt soul. I agree with you, but moments like these can never last.
>>
>>61953355
It's because of internet culture being integrated into pop culture. Remember the good old days when "meme" was a word only used only by internet savvy people instead of a post-ironic buzzword? Nowadays /b/ is practically a less politically correct reddit, and they're slowly seeping into the rest of 4chan.
>>
>>61953355
>>61953398
>reality: shit
>online: shit
Why can't it work, bros? Why can't we all just love each other and get along? We all love music and bond in our shared understanding of what it means to suffer. Why do we have to be at each other's throats constantly? What is separating us?
>>
File: BMY0dDlCcAAiSBc.jpg (58 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BMY0dDlCcAAiSBc.jpg
58 KB, 600x800
>>61938140
Since everyones telling their stories i guess i will too

>Mom is dying of cancer
>Because of guilt and just generally wanting not to think about her chemo i avoid her and sit on my computer most of the time even though we're in the same house
>Suddenly, day she die's
>my brothers and I see her cold body at the hospital grounds
>try not to cry
>cry alot
>genuinely feel really shitty for not spending more time with her before she started becoming a zombie on chemo
>feel like shit for weeks
>friend who constantly visits /mu/ talks to me about her death
>ask him if he can recommend any sad albums to listen to
>recommends me this
>oh its that meme from /mu/ i guess i'll go check it out
>didn't like it too much the first time i listened to it
>found myself listening to it on loop for the next 4 hours
>actually start listening to the lyrics
>"and your mom would drink until she was no longer speaking"
>mom was a heavy drinker and she gave me my first drink at a young age
>"i will be with you when you lose your breath, chasing the only meaningful memory you thought you had left"
>lots of little things in the lyrics just started reminding me of her
>Never had an album so important and stamped into my memory before
>every time i listen to it again, all i think of is seeing her body and spending the next few days home on my ass at the computer listening to this album
>>
>>61953472
this
>>
File: 1453389491114.png (63 KB, 788x810) Image search: [Google]
1453389491114.png
63 KB, 788x810
>>61938140
>having friends who know and like NMH
I don't know this feel.
>>
>>61953506
Wow. ITAOTS is going to be with you and a part of your psyche until the day you die. That's crazy. Good post, anon. Thank you.
>>
File: sanicpain.jpg (57 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
sanicpain.jpg
57 KB, 640x960
>>61953460
>Remember the good old days when "meme" was a word only used only by internet savvy people instead of a post-ironic buzzword?

I think about them every single day. I want to leave 4chan forever but it's been too long and there's nowhere else to go. There is no escape. The only reason 4chan was ever good was because younger/dumber people were afraid to come here, and the UI and general layout at the time was quite different from a standard forum which confused and scared off tourists. Now that's all gone and they've come in their droves.
>>
>>61939919
Why does religion come between families so much? Why couldn't you just admit to her that you don't believe?
>>
>>61953472
perhaps we act in a way that we think will be respected, fearing to be vulnerable
>>
File: 4L_WKBYKZYL.jpg (159 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
4L_WKBYKZYL.jpg
159 KB, 500x444
>>61953398
It's this damn modern life. All our modern "advancements" all out modern "conveniences" they haven't made us happier, they haven't made us stronger, they haven't brought us closer. We've just gotten more stressed and tired chasing a piece of the pie, we've just gotten weaker and more dependent on medicines and drugs and factory produced food, we can communicate with the whole world now but in many ways we've become more lonely and isolated.

>tfw you'll never live in a chill jungle tribe with a bone in your nose hunting and gathering in what amounts to "part time hours" of work that is actually satisfying
>tfw you'll never just live off the land and be one with nature and are instead trapped in this insane rat race we call "progress"
>>
File: 1429163455616s.jpg (6 KB, 250x199) Image search: [Google]
1429163455616s.jpg
6 KB, 250x199
>>61953506
Jesus...
>>
>>61953575
This
The fear of vulnerability groupthink needs to fucking die. I love all you guys too much to just let this board be idly driven into a cynical parody of itself.
>>
>>61944488
Hot and sticky in Australia family
>>
File: 53223423.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
53223423.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
Some faggot in my high school music electronic "composition" class playing "Fool" for a presentation on song structure. He calls on me to guess the form knowing full well we used to be decent friends and that I probably still browse this shitty site. God dammit, I wish I could have developed a better friendship with you man.
>>
>>61948396
It's bullshit
>>
Well it seems like this thread is full of great people, how will this change for other threads?
>>
>>61953678
Despite these sad stories, a lot of them are probably still elitist "patrician" types.
>>
>>61938140
This line:
And one day we will die
And our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Helped me have the guts to quit my old job, i'm very grateful.
>>
File: 1415152623256.png (455 KB, 797x1127) Image search: [Google]
1415152623256.png
455 KB, 797x1127
>>61952864
>>
>>61953751
this is such a beautiful moment in this album
>>
>>61953678
shut up
>>
>>61953472
>>61953563
>>61953576
>>61953624
I think about this all the time, and there are really no lasting measures we could take as a board that would permanently isolate us from the changes that the whole internet is going through, which will only get worse as time goes on.

This is the only solution I can think of: I'm starting with the man in the mirror
as of this moment I promise all of you that I will never again on this board act like a typical 4chan drone in order to blend into the crowd. From now on, when I say something, it's because that's what I mean and not because it's something I think a /mu/ user should say.
>>
File: Ahtskool.jpg (60 KB, 730x570) Image search: [Google]
Ahtskool.jpg
60 KB, 730x570
>>61953791
blow me
>>
>tfw my depression has been peaking for nearly two months now
>anxiety is worse than ever
>not coping
>no one even suspects or knows
How do I cope with this :'( ??
>>
>>61953802
Seconded. I've fucking had it with the jaded cynicism of the humor on 4chan in general. The scourge of vulnerability ends here. 100% genuine posts from here on out.
>>
>>61953844
Get xanax prescription and/or alcohol
>>
>>61953844
I feel ya man, if you haven't talked to a doctor you need to do it immediately. Sadness is an emotion that isn't necessarily bad, but depression is a disease that eats you away if you don't fight it.
>>
>>61953844
Baby steps man, choose something you would like to change about yourself and work towards it, you'll become more confident and feel happier.
It'll get better man.
>>
>>61953879
Alcohol never helps me as much as I like do get drunk. I'm actually trying to quit drinking.
>>61953881
I've been battling it for years now and I'm of the opinion that it never truly goes away.
>>61953889
Well I finally got a job. Christmas casual as a wage bitch, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be let go as soon as my contract ends. I was hoping for full time but someone else got it :'(
>>
>>61953802
>>61953878
thirded, we should make a fucking contract
>>
>>61953878
I never understand those that shit post all the time. Are you that fucking uninteresting that all you can muster up is trolling and baiting?
>>
File: Big-Boss-Salute.jpg (167 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Big-Boss-Salute.jpg
167 KB, 960x544
>>61953802
You have my sword, brother.
>>
>>61953802
Been doing that for years. It's easy being yourself when you throw your insecurities behind you
>>
>>61953946
I think we've all done it a little, the problem exists more in the complacency of the general populace than in the active shitposters
>>
>>61953802
I honestly wouldn't be able to do this. Irony is like a second language, I feel like I'm fluent in it and I even "think" in irony at this point. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though, deep down there is an awareness of it's effectiveness in coping. I'm probably just a pathetic bastard though.
>>
>>61953994
Hold on a second now, what you just said where it be true or not, was in a condescending tone that makes you look bigger and other smaller.
Why don't you prove yourself? Say something vulnerable man!
>>
>>61954011
I'm sure I have. But generally only out of frustration from other shit posters.
>>
>>61954035
I'm insecure and suffer from an inferiority complex. I use music as an accessory to my personality despite actually being a music fanatic. I didn't mean to sound condescending.
>>
>>61954013
But think of the world we could have here if we were able to overcome that. Music is supposed to bring people together and break down social barriers, why can't we be that way here?
>>
File: respek.gif (86 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
respek.gif
86 KB, 250x188
>>61954066
>>
>>61954092
Just being honest friend.
>>
>>61954070
The thing is, 4chan is built off of moments like these. This kind of thread is thing moot created this site for. He allowed it to develop an environment that would not peter out for a long time. "diamond in the ruff" logic and shit. And unironic false sincerity is worse than ironic false sincerity (if that makes sense). I truly believe irony is necessary for this site to maintain itself for any longer period of time. The fact that these threads do exist is why you come back though, and they will always appear but you just have to wait and watch. I would also recommend checking out other boards (I'm honestly pretty new to /mu/, I've only been browsing here for about 8 or 9 months)
>>
>>61954182
You're right, false sincerity is even worse than irony. But it would be nice if we could all be sincere together more than once in a while.
>>
>>61954247
That is impossible. Also "once in a while" is the key, those "once"s in a while are pretty fucking special to me and i would hope to most people that keep coming back to this place. Honestly I would become very confused and disoriented if they started happening "too often".
>>
Syncing the album up with my Borderlands buddies and singing along for the whole album while playing over skype

Also power leveling in Persona 3 back in summer in high school, listening to Marquee Moon, The Devil and God, Lonesome Crowded West, and ITAOTS over and over again.

Simpler and happier times
>>
File: Everyday+Robots.png (172 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Everyday+Robots.png
172 KB, 500x500
The only albums that I connect with specific times of my life (altough not specific memories) is Merriweather Post Pavilion while I was in my first year of studying abroad. I was a full time uni student in Denmark in a really quiet city; it was all really calming, but also a bit lonely.

And Albarn's Everyday Robots because it came out while I was on erasmus in Paris. Riding the metro to Houilles during the sunset every day. Busy as fuck, but even lonelier than Denmark, and the album only reinforced that.

I'm sorry, I'm well established and have a pretty good life.
>>
>>61938140
I love that album but every time I listen to it something bad starts to happen
>>
>>61938140
Getting off work at 6 am after and 8 hour overnight shift and belting out Oh Comely alone on the highway as I watched the sun come up.

One of the most relaxing, mellowed out moments of my life.

With On Avery Island it's probably dropping acid and living in a dream during Song Against Sex.
>>
>>61947982
haha ur so cool :)
>>
>pretty much suck at playing guitar
>really like aeroplane
>playing aeroplane is not that hard
>can even sing along
>wish I could sing this to my gf
>too embarrased to
>she left me
>but don't hate her when she gets up to leave
>>
I don't really have any memories with this album, but reading this thread and listening to ITAOTS is absolutely beautiful and is bringing me to tears. It's amazing how one album can bring so many people together. So many amazing memories and terrible ones. Love you guys
>>
>>61955124
Love you too, anon.
>>61954894
Thanks
>>
>>61938140
Fuck man, that's sad.
>>
>>61952046
That line speaks to me more because of my depersonalisation/ derealisation.
>>
>>61938140
I first bought this album when I was on a trip to southern california. I wanted to go to ameoba but it was too far away from where I was.
I went into this little record store and picked up a Radiohead sticker for my car and this album.
When I flew back to Michigan I thought it was funny because for a short moment I was in an. Areoplane over the sea with in the areoplane over the sea.
>>
RIP based thread.
>>
>>61953506
Fuck... Truly sorry you had to go through that. My mom battled breast cancer a few years back and it's terrifying to think it could resurface in her. I honestly think I'd be less well equipped emotionally now then when I was 15. I guess no one can be ready for that shit. Just know that you can't blame yourself for not wanting to be near her, it's an impossible situation for any kid
>>
B U M P
>>
>>61950110
talk to more people
>>
crying drunk singing two headed boy a while after I found out a close friend had an eating disorder
it was a bad month

we dated and then she dumped me so she could keep starving herself and then got sent to treatment and i became an alcoholic so now I'm basically her babysitter when she's not there
it could be worse
>>
>>61939549
hahaha, this is also me
>>
>>61951858
fuck
>>
not listening to it
>>
Wow this thread is still up. I literally fell asleep crying last night after reading through the thread and reflecting in my own past experiences. I'm going to probably listen to this tonight and cry some more, but hopefully figure something out. Hopefully it will be a happy cru y'know, where at the end you give a lil smirk and realise that you are alright.
>>
ITT: euphoria
>>
File: trytohitmeretard.png (168 KB, 393x444) Image search: [Google]
trytohitmeretard.png
168 KB, 393x444
Driving with a friend and singing along to it like total faggots.

It also helped through some bad times but these aren't really good memories.
>>
>>61941872
can you please kill yourself
>>
Stumbling upon King of Carrot Flowers Part 2 my freshman year of high school. I've heard the title track off of ITAOTS before, but back then I only listened to individual songs really, I never bothered to look into a band, or album. That shit blew me the fuck away though like no other song has up until that point
>>
how strange it is to see such a tread in 4chan, no idea if all of you guys are faking
>>
File: 1434692367739.png (209 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
1434692367739.png
209 KB, 600x469
>>61961897
>4chan
>all you guys
Lurk moar before you post, reddit
>>
It's gotta be weird to be jeff mangum, writing this little lo-fi album, having it mean whatever it means to him, who knows if he even likes it as much as we do. Often i find it harder to like things I make myself and it's easier to like things made by other people. And then for him to see ITAOS take on a life of it's own and journey all around the word on its own and how it is able to find it's way into all these intimate moments in peoples lives. How does it feel knowing an album you wrote has been able to help people heal and help people get through some of the hardest times in their life, maybe even saving some people's lives who were on the brink of suicide? How does it feel knowing that people get high off of the album you wrote? It's not all sadness, For me this album has helped me when I'm depressed but it has also been the one that I blast in the happy times when I want to amplify the good feelings and just get lost in it all while it plays and i sing along to every word. It's gotta be such a crazy feeling to make something magical like ITAOS and know that your creation has meant so much to all these random people all over the world.
>>
>>61942038
this made me laugh so hard anon thank u
>>
I masturbated.
>>
Last year i was obsessed with the last song on this record. I went to a friend's dorm room and we had a nice time, drank some beers, smoke some weed... We were very fucked up. Then we went to the roof and i played this on some portable speakers one of my friends had, then I (allegedly, don't really remember) started jumping on the roof, which bothered some people. Then i went home, still very drunk/high, and after some really trippy walk, i passed on my bed.
When i woke up, i had this message from my friend telling me that i was no longer able to return his dorm room or any of the rooms near by his. Then i guess i was very sad so i played Two Headed Boy Pt. 2, which made me feel miserable in a weird/beautiful way and then i fell asleep again.
My friend was really mad at me but i still go to his room sometimes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.