[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It amazes me how people on here don't realize that Bowie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: bowie_on_tour.jpg (205 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bowie_on_tour.jpg
205 KB, 1000x1000
It amazes me how people on here don't realize that Bowie is literally as "reddit" as it gets
>>
>>61936697
Top kek mate, go back to 9gag
>>
>>61936697
It amazes me the baggage peoplehang onto artists. Its music anon not some amalgamation of internet things you hate.

>go back to meme-school
>>
HAHAHAHAHAH
I'm a 4channer, OP
You know what that means?
It means that I'm really into music: Can, Stereolab, Joanna Newsom, the list goes on
I am NOT a redditor, I've never listened to Led Zeppelin in my whole life
I am PATRICIAN I bet reddit doesn't even know who the Beach Boys where
>>
>>61936697
You don't like him but we don't care
>>
>>61936749
>>61936741
>>61936738
>>61936720
wow reddit is mad today
>>
fagroids: the thread tbqh
>>
>>61936697
why do you take the internet so seriously?
>>
File: brc.png (77 KB, 941x449) Image search: [Google]
brc.png
77 KB, 941x449
>he's alive
>no one mentions him ever
>he ded
>suddenly everybody include him in their 5x5
o am laffin
>>
>>61936697
Dude...no
>>
File: I don't like thing.jpg (86 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
I don't like thing.jpg
86 KB, 500x628
>>61936697
>>
It amazes me how many threads a single person can make trying to force a point down other people's throats.
>>
I never realized this, thank you OP, you really opened my eyes. I'll never listen to him again now.
>>
>>61937823
He was already in 5x5s of many people, and also in favorite's charts of many anons. Do you know why he wasn't mentioned? Well, he was mentioned enough, but it was a given that he was good enough and almost everybody liked him.
>>
What is his most feelsie album, besides of Blackstar, /mu/? Wild is the Wind give me a lot of feels for example :'(
>>
File: choke on em.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
choke on em.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>61936697
WAAAAH REDDIT REDDIT WERE SURROUNDED BY REDDIT THEYRE COMING TO GET US!!!!
>>
File: duke 2.jpg (135 KB, 1024x713) Image search: [Google]
duke 2.jpg
135 KB, 1024x713
>>61937910
Station to Station, he was mega coked up back then and it feels like he's crying for help.
Also Young Americans and Heroes.
>>
>>61937823
yeah not like /mu/ lost their shit over the blackstar leak a week before he died

it's not like we haven't had threads discussing bowie on the daily for years. retard
>>
>>61937910
>Wild is the Wind give me a lot of feels for example :'(
fyi that's a cover
>>
>>61936697
>not listening to music because another website likes it

kek
>>
>>61938499
im on here everyday and there was literally only one blackstar thread that reached bump limit before he died
>>
>>61939036
you're lying because I too am on here every day and there were several of them as well as other bowie threads
>>
>>61939036
Ur lyin' then
>>
>>61939067
>>61939126
find at least 2 in the archive that got 300+ replies (leak threads don't count) made before he died
>>
>>61939155
Not true b t w
>>
Since this seems to be the current official Bowie thread, I'd like to ask something.

Did he ever make any other songs like Andy Warhol?
>>
>>61939448
yeah his entire discography is filled with shit songs
>>
I've never been crazy about Bowie personally, he has some rad material but on the whole it seems to me he just popularized existing ideas and worked with other talented musicians.

We still got Eno folks
>>
File: tumblr tv.gif (2 MB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr tv.gif
2 MB, 700x700
>>61936697
>shittalking reddit
>>
he is literally everything that reddit hates
>fucked an underage girl, she doesnt give a fuck
>loves coke (reddit's DoC is weed)
>nazi tendencies during the white duke era
>>
>>61939590
jimmy page from led zepplin also fucked an underaged girl but reddit still loves led zepplin

>focusing on everything but the music
kek faggot you cant persuade people that bowie's music isn't /r/music incarnate
>>
File: 000000.png (161 KB, 308x301) Image search: [Google]
000000.png
161 KB, 308x301
>>61936697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJdA7dwx6-4
>>
>>61936697
> He isn't a redditor
>>
>>61936697

I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on /mu/. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about when I say David Bowie is patrician and not reddit.
To all you anti-Bowie fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.
>>
>>61939623
how would you know this?
>>
>>61941578
I'm 32 and have been a redditor for 5 years participating in various meme subreddits pertaining to David Bowie. I think I know what i'm talking about when I saw he's literally Reddit.
>>
>>61939590
Bob Weir of The Grateful Dead met his future wife when she was 15 and he was in his 30's. Married her when she was old enough.
>>
The fact that so many books still name David Bowie as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock star ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. Bowie sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore he must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that David Bowie did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>61941578
And so the old argument about intelligence and education raises its head.
Some of the most educated musicians I know have absolutely no interest in music as a whole, they all seem to have latched on to the genre that introduced them and repeated the same boring themes, phrases and ideas hundreds of times without deviating to a slightly different way of thinking.
Bowie was a thief, a plagiarist and a leach, that doesn't mean that he didn't make god tier albums but without countless other artists we wouldn't have any of them. Ziggy was all Angie's design, he used to go to New York Dolls gigs and stand in the corner with a pen and paper and anything Berlin era was just outright radio friendly Krautrock. I've even heard a story of him partially writing heroes with someone like Irmin Schmidt only to fly off in the night and get Eno to finish it and never talk about it again.
Fact is, you don't know what you're talking about, stop kidding yourself, there are far more intelligent and educated people on this board and we're older too.
Fuck learning establishments, you want to learn... Do it yourself
>>
>>61942255
Oh god anon...
Please don't tell me you wrote a serious response to that extremely obvious copypasta I posted as a joke...
>>
>>61942395
Lolz
>>
so is /mu/
>>
>>61941578
just cause u think ur sick doesnt make ur opinion more valid u seem like a huge fag i like bowie but ur just being a faggot on a chinese cartoon website
>>
>>61936697
Okay. It amazes me that you care about something as menial as the reddit vs 4chan dichotomy.
>>
File: image.png (57 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57 KB, 275x275
>"Man, people only talk about Bowie now because he died."

>it's repeatedly demonstrated that Bowie was well liked and discussed here long before his death
>it was already painfully obvious that Bowie was a pop culture icon in the public eye for fucking decades

>"M-man, Bowie sure is Reddit..."

Obviously just lazy-yet-effective trolling.
>>
>>61936697
Back to meme school kiddo.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.