[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about this album? It's not my favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: vespertine_by_heitha-d85lg1u.jpg (284 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
vespertine_by_heitha-d85lg1u.jpg
284 KB, 664x1000
What do you guys think about this album?

It's not my favorite by Björk, but I definitely appreciate the cold aesthetic, especially on Aurora. First half of the album is very strong, especially It's Not Up to You (haven't seen anyone talk about it here tho)

Second half isn't as good and songs like Heirloom and An Echo A Stain just doesn't match up, but Unison at the very end finishes the album very nicely.
>>
>It's not my favorite by Björk

Your personal opinion is wrong.
>>
Vespertine is my favorite Björk album and one of my favorite art pop albums ever.
>>
>>61935462
Well if it's your favorite I want to know why
>>
>>61935442
What's your favorite by Björk?
>>
>>61935498

>Winter theme. Check.
>Most sexual Bork. Check.
>Best songriting of any of her albums. Check.

This album is like having sex with Bork while drowning in an ice cold lake.
>>
>>61935536
that doesn't sound pleasant at all
>>
>>61935525
Post, it's got the most amount of songs I love and only two short ones that aren't as good. Standouts are definitely The Modern Things and I Miss You, catchy beats and some of Björk's most beautiful singing.

>>61935536
Can't argue with winter theme, but I can't see her as sexual past Post, she even made comments on that and you can hear it in the shift of sounds between Post and Homogenic. In Vespertine she's using sex as a tool, sure, but it's nothing like the cute tender stuff like Venus as a Boy or Headphones.
>>
>>61935630
Post is a very good pick, it has two of my favorite songs: Hyper-ballad and Isobel. I just love how diverse the whole album is
>>
>>61935586

Yes it does.

>>61935630

Definately not cute, but full on horny.
>>
>>61935688
What I'm amazed by is how she got the clunky as shit lyrics on the hook to be so catchy and emotional - that's the power of her voice. Also perfect use of the sub bass, it turns your brain into mush and you're more likely to fall into her spell.
Possibly Maybe is another one I really love. She could've kept is simple with that foggy melody but she went really kooky on that one

>>61935690
Well I did hear Venus as a Boy was about masturbation
>>
File: rym.jpg (41 KB, 510x561) Image search: [Google]
rym.jpg
41 KB, 510x561
>>
File: bork.jpg (157 KB, 1180x849) Image search: [Google]
bork.jpg
157 KB, 1180x849
>>61935820

;-)
>>
An Echo, A Stain is just so good though. Gives me an eargasm every time.
>>
>>61935869
Not an easy listen though. Right now it sounds too vague
>>
My favorite bjork and one of my favorite albums of all time. So amazing
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.