[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know why but now, at 28 years of age, after no longer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: the-number-of-the-beast.jpg (169 KB, 1033x1024) Image search: [Google]
the-number-of-the-beast.jpg
169 KB, 1033x1024
I don't know why but now, at 28 years of age, after no longer being an angry teenager this album finally clicked with me. It's metal, it's fast but at the same time it has a really upbeat vibe and some really good melodies. I liked some songs off the first two but here almost every song is a killer (pun unintended). I can finally see or more like feel why people like it.
>>
>28

wow it took you this long to realize you shouldn't take metal seriously?
>>
>>61931046
>not taking metal seriously
>>
>>61931020
It took you that long to recognize good music when you hear it? Just because it falls under a certain genre doesn't discourage it from being good you dumb cunt.
>>
>>61931046

Well up until now I listened to stuff that had a heavier chunkier guitar sound and more pummeling riffs, stuff in the vein of thrash, hardcore and groove metal. In fact I still do. Maiden kind of lacked that, they're not a really pissed off band.
>>
>>61931229

I listen to a lot of metal but only recently did this particular album really click with me. It had nothing to do with the genre labels or memes or all the other bullshit you guys care about and let yourselves be influenced by.
>>
>>61931252

what's your favorite band? i'm curious
>>
>>61931319

It varies. Depends on the mood, emotional state, and because of my personal history a lot of my favourite artists you wouldn't know since they're foreign. But if I had to rattle off a few I'd have to say Hatebreed, Ensiferum, Blind Guardian, Gryphon, Gentle Giant, Grigore Leșe and the Romanian band Phoenix.
>>
>>61931589

i like how you think, i do like ensiferum
>>
>>61931608

Also I should have mentioned it depends on the activity. When I lift I pump myself up by listening to some hardcore, usually Hatebreed, Bury Your Dead's second album or Danforth. Ensiferum have some great songs, I love the Finnish style melodies they have, I find it's something you can hear even in Finnish videogame soundtracks like the one of Trine.
>>
>>61931046
>implyign meal is food XD
>>
iktf OP

I hated metal as a teen, turned to punk and industrial because it was visceral and angry (It also didnt help that back then, you listened to punk OR metal, not both. Punks and metalheads were like rival gangs)

But in my early 20's I started listening to the Maiden and Priest that I had heard as a child, and fuckin' A - it's great shit!

I highly recommend Sad Wings Of Destiny by Judas Priest if you haven't heard it already
>>
>>61931654

haha tylo you be chillin again?
>>
YEAAHHHH YEAHHH YEEEAHHHH

HALLOWED BE THY NAMMMEEEEEE
>>
Same thing happened to me OP. When I was a teenager/young adult I went through an insecure phase and wrote off all metal as childish trash, but as I got older and realized nobody worth a damn gave a shit about what you listened to and became less insecure about my tastes metal finally clicked with me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.