[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Station to Station VS Heros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 415Wn5JaOeL.jpg (30 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
415Wn5JaOeL.jpg
30 KB, 500x425
As a massive Bowie fan I don't know which one is better. Station to Station or Heros?

I love both but I feel like the formula to "Heros" was done better on Low and perfected on Outside.1. So my vote goes to Station to Station for its nightmare/isolated feeling.
>>
Is it true that David Bowie doesn't remember making Station to Station or is that just an urban legend?
>>
>>61925720
I love them both but its gotta be "Hiros"
/thread
>>
>>61925820
This is true, he rarely played any of the songs from it live because what little he remembered was pretty spooky. I doubt it was one of David's favorites. There for "Hiros." Just for one day.
>>
>>61925820
nah he's said it
>>
>>61925820
He used more cocaine than what Pablo Escobar ever sold, im impressed he lasted this long.
>>
>>61925820
The man was an absolute legend. Did anybody else in the 70's make as great an album as Station to Station while being coked as fuck all the time?
>>
>>61925720
I don't get it, I want to enjoy Station to Station, but I just don't. Like does it grow over time or what?

Do I need to train my ears or some shit?
>>
>>61925976
What did he remember from the Cocaine binge?
>>
>>61926238
maybe you need to be on cocaine
>>
>>61926238
What do you dislike about it?

Think of it as a rockier version of Young Americans that also serves as the missing link between it and Low.
>>
>>61925720
They are my two favorite bowie albums, but Heroes is a close first.
>>
File: Scan-Jan-20-2014-1.21-PM-page15.jpg (803 KB, 2290x1391) Image search: [Google]
Scan-Jan-20-2014-1.21-PM-page15.jpg
803 KB, 2290x1391
>>61925820
It's probably half truth half fiction

I'm sure he really doesn't remember huge chunks of the recording process, but he probably has at least some memories of it.

Anyway, Station to Station is the superior Bowie album

Heroes is a close 2nd
>>
>>61926334
I don't "dislike" it, it's just nothing stands out to me as incredible or great.

I'll go back and listen to it again and see how it feels now.

I love Young Americans and Low.
>>
I've been a huge Bowie fan for years but I've never fully listened to "Heroes", I get about half way through and then something happens so I have to stop listening but I've never really enjoyed the tracks I've heard.

Station to Station is my favourite Bowie album though
>>
>>61926480
I feel like "Heros" is an EP that got out of hand. Low just feels more focused.
>>
Station to Station is no doubt the victor, but I enjoy "Heroes" as well
>>
>>61926334
>serves as the missing link between it and Low.

Probably because it IS the link between Young Americans and Low
>>
That's easy OP, Scary Monsters is better than both.
>>
>>61925976

That's bullshit, I've got live examples of everything from Station to Station, with songs played on every tour after. He even played TVC15 as one of his small set at Live Aid.
>>
>>61926238

Yeah let it sink in. Those songs are long and there is a meta arrangement to them.
>>
I like Station to Station better. It's essential JUST core. Same goes to Smile/Smiley Smile and Songs of Faith and Devotion.
>>
what are your favorite songs off of heroes? Nothing but the title track really clicked with me
>>
>>61925820
Lived off cocaine, red peppers, and milk for an entire year... And created his best album and had my personal favorite persona during this period. Fucking legend.
>>
>>61926909
Joe the Lion, title track... Secrets of Arabia. Yup. That's about it.
>>
Station to station is awesome

Has anyone sniffed cocaine while listening to it itt?
>>
>>61926909
Beauty and the Beast and Blackout are top tier.
>>
File: bowie1.jpg (67 KB, 468x538) Image search: [Google]
bowie1.jpg
67 KB, 468x538
>>61926909
Beauty and the Beast, V2-Schneider, title track, Moss Garden, Secret Life of Arabia
>>
File: Bowie-lodger.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Bowie-lodger.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
I know Low is better, but Lodger will always be my pet favorite. Overlooked and underrated.

And better than Heroes.
>>
>>61927100
Low>Outside>Lodger>Heros and this is a fact.
>>
>>61925720
>Heros

JUST
>>
>>61927125
I like Outside, but it's way too meandering to be above any of the Berlin records.

Come on man.
>>
>>61927100
I like that too, it gets cast in the shadow of Low/Heroes and dismissed too easily.
>>
Station to Station is a pretty perfect album, I always have to hear it all the way through because there isn't a single weak song on it
>>
>>61926590
Thanks for your insightful comment fuckass
>>
Does anyone else love Stay? It's one of the songs he sings the least on but it's just perfect to me.
>>
>>61927193
>fuckass
>clearly articulating to you that it's retarded to call StS a missing link when it is, in fact, the actual link between those two records.

I'm not even that anon, but I thought I should let you know you've embarrassed yourself.
>>
>>61927209
The title track is my favorite, but Stay is a very close second.
>>
>>61926870
I don't get what you mean by JUST core
Also thanks for reminding me that Faith and Devotion is crazy good and I haven't listened to it in months
>>
THE EUROPEAN CANNON IS HERE
>>
>>61926870
What the hell is JUST core?
>>
>>61927242
I missed the "missing" part. I still had fun calling you a fuckass though.
>>
>>61927100

I like Lodger too. The songs get in your head and are catchy.
>>
>>61927345
What part of
>I'm not even that anon
did you not read that either? I think you should get off /mu/ because your eyes are coming out of your ass.
>>
>>61927306
Just fuck my shit up.
All these albums were made when the musicians were near death/out of their fucking mind.
>>
>Wish upon, wish upon, day upon day, I believe oh Lord, I believe all the way

Coke's a hell of a drug
>>
>>61927209
The hook on that song kinda sends shivers down my spine, bucko.
>>
>>61927440

Pretty harrowing performances on that whole album. Word on a Wing sounds particularly tortured.
>>
File: tumblr_nzs53lUmd31rbrevlo2_540.jpg (40 KB, 500x752) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzs53lUmd31rbrevlo2_540.jpg
40 KB, 500x752
>>61927432
>>
File: rokso.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
rokso.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>61927432
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.