[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which do you prefer? >illinois
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: illinois funeral.jpg (87 KB, 632x316) Image search: [Google]
illinois funeral.jpg
87 KB, 632x316
Which do you prefer?

>illinois
>>
Illinois
>>
>>61925643
Illinois is great, but Funeral is perfect
>>
>>61925643
i don't get it, why you are comparing them?

also, Illinois
>>
Illinoise only a 9.2 album, Funeral a NINE POINT FUCKING SEVEN.
>>
I don't understand French so Illinois
>>
Both albums are overrated and mediocre. I hate the timbres on Funeral. Illinoise I guess
>>
>>61925715
They are comparable and I'm interested to see what people have to say
>>
OH GREAT INTENTIONS
>>
>>61925808
>it's popular so it's overrated
>>
>>61925872
Well I think both are high sixes / low sevens, so yeah pretty overrated.
>>
>>61925643
funeral is shit, illnoise is alright
>>
Illinois

I'll be completely honest here, I do not think Funeral has aged well, whereas Sufjan's album seems kind of timeless what with it's sweeping arrangements and whatnot
>>
>>61925717
underrated post i giggled

illinois for sure but both are pretty good
>>
>>61925982
Why don't you think it's aged well? I used to love it, but now I don't listen to it much. I probably feel the same way.
>>
>>61925643
funeral, but HEY I HAVE A QUESTION, I noticed that this board seems to like shit from around the 1998-2005ish indie rock era. Is that because you are all my age or because the stuff I liked when I was a teenager is coming back?
>>
>>61926036
I think maybe because it kinda defined the indie scene and really still does to this day. A lot of things in the record are still copied by every other indie rock/pop band you hear on independent/college radio. The album started so many cliches that I'm sick of, and I've turned on this album for having these cliches when it's not really fair because the album pioneered the cliches.
I don't know if that makes sense.
>>
>>61926051
I dunno, I'm 21 but the indie I love is from the late 80s and 90s. Not a huge fan of 2000s indie.
>>
>>61926051
Follow-up, I mean even with the NMH shit, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea came out in 1998 and was kind of being re-appreciated around 2003-5. Is it the 20 year rule quickly approaching, or are you old like me?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.