[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Tame Impala the new Beatles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 06_Capa_de_Innerspeaker_06.jpg (180 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
06_Capa_de_Innerspeaker_06.jpg
180 KB, 600x535
Are Tame Impala the new Beatles?
>>
>>61919258
They were until they went full on 80s with Currents
>>
Do they have articles written about them by actual scientists and philosophers debunking their merit and influence? If not, then they're not the new Beatles.
>>
No. I have no idea why everyone says that Tame Impala sounds like The Beatles or even just 60's psych rock. Innerspeaker and Lonerism Impala sound more like modern garage rock with the only elements of older psychedelic being in their production.
>>
>>61919258
>implying the Beatles are shit
>>
I love their 3 albums and they're one of my favorite "new" bands. But I think they lack variety to be compared to the Beatles.

I think the comparison mainly comes because Kevin Parker sounds a lot like Lennon
>>
>>61919334
The only similarities I can here is that Kevin does sound quite a bit like John Lennon. To me they sound much more like Cream than the Beatles.
>>
they're better
>>
>>61919392
>lack variety
>only 3 records released
>already cultivate entirely new sound
>>
after currents it seems like because every kept saying Kevin's a genius nobody will tell him when a song is shit
>>
>>61919424
sounds like jimi hendrix a bit, too
>>
are Silversun Pickups the new My Bloody Valentine?
>>
>>61919603
what is my bloody valentine
>>
>>61919334
same here, idk what the whole 60s comparison is for the most part
>>
>>61919576
What songs are shit?
>>
>>61919630
An indie rock band from the 90s. They're p good worth checkin out
>>
>>61919334
>>61919651
because they're psychedelic rock and their frontman sounds a LOT like Lennon
plus people who don't listen to a lot of music have, for some reason, latched onto this band as some kind of savior of "good music" when everything else in 2015 sucks (not my opinion, to be clear)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.