[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good portable mp3 player?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: CAM01202.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
CAM01202.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
pic unrelated

Hey /mu/ - Im looking for a portable music/mp3 player that supports standard audio formats. Hopefully with a nice useable UI to find music by tags e.g. Artist. No other special features needed. Just want ease of transfer (eg, acts like usb stick/sd card with dir structure in win explorer, like the old Creative players with simple integration that were somehow better than whats available now). Flash/HD, whatever!

Right now I battle with my old Zune120 literally every time I want to upload or change anything on the device. The software is awful and uncooperative to the extreme. I don't want to deal with other "user friendly" crap like iTunes, so what options do I have in 2016 for a decent portable mp3 player for a music lover?
>>
you're aware that it's 2016 and yet you don't use your phone and an sd card for music?
>>
clip+
>>
>>61919003
Define "standard audio formats"
>>
>>61919045
I should have specified in my OP, but yes I realize this. I strongly dislike having to use my phone for this for a few reasons: usually worse sound than a dedicated player, battery life killing my phone, and the risk of losing everything if I lose or break just one device. I understand the trend is set in this direction, which is precisely why I need help in finding something different.
>>
>>61919065
Just mean I don't care if it doesn't have FLAC support or something. Hell, as long as it can play mp3s I'll be happy for now, but I don't need special supports.
>>
>>61919060
Just looked this up. Looks good actually, and has expandable space (8gb default would def be too low) if I buy an extra microSD. Thanks anon
>>
>>61919262
Looks like clip+ is older Sandisk model, current ones are Clip Sport and Clip Jam
>>
>>61919157
buy a cheap android phone with expandable storage, you don't even need it to have service. Literally the best thing out there
>>
>>61920101
Then you have to deal with a slow phone and garbage touchscreen responsiveness and terrible sound quality and lack of amplitude(I have a shit android phone right now and this is what I deal with). Found the Sandisk Clip Sport: it has buttons not touchscreen, is small, good battery life, supports many audio formats, expandable memory, all under $100 including the expansion sd card. that's what I was looking for!!
>>
>metal ring around the trackpad of my Zune came off somehow
>Hold button no longer locks into place and easily slides back and forth, no longer working
Infinite sadness. I should be able to fix this, but I don't want to take it apart right now. It's 10 years strong.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.