[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vinyl/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: 2016-01-21 16.56.17.jpg (3 MB, 2829x1590) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21 16.56.17.jpg
3 MB, 2829x1590
things you're trying to get
what you're currently spinning
set ups
collections/discogs accounts
turntable questions
vinylfag hate
why you but vinyl on the internet
whatever
>>
most recent purchase is NM Rush - 2112
really want to get STGSTV on vinyl but i'm poor/don't want to order on discogs
spinning shitty at-lp60 that i need to replace
>>
File: 2016-01-21 16.50.07.jpg (3 MB, 1590x2829) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21 16.50.07.jpg
3 MB, 1590x2829
Picked these up today from End of an Ear. Been going weekly to see if they leak out any more JCOA releases or Anthony Braxton; been picking up one of each last three or four times I've gone. Looked for any Doug Scharin projects I could find (Rex, June of 44, HiM), Kit Clayton, Monolake, and Boris' Absolutego as well but no dice. In reading order: Lol Coxhill's Ear of the Beholder; Grachan Moncur III's New Africa; Lounge Lizard's Big Heart; Lounge Lizards s/t
>>
File: Aphex_Twin_-_Classics.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Aphex_Twin_-_Classics.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
Just picked up pic related for about thirty dollars on Discogs.
>>
Im new to this. Is discogs a reliable site?
>>
>>61918771
i really don't have anything against vinyl, but this fad is taking over CDs and tapes
there used to be threads where you could just post all your stuff
>>
>>61920071

Data-wise? or for buyers?
>>
>>61920167

Then post all your stuff; I would particularly be interested in seeing peoples cassette collections as well, and CD-only releases that people have
>>
I'm thinking of staring up a collection so give me some cool recs on what I should buy first. Also where should I buy from? Is amazon any good for vinyl, (I have prime) or should I buy from a dedicated site like discogs?
>>
File: DSC_0300.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0300.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>61920495
cassetes you say?
here is my finds form charity shops all where about 50c
>>
>>61920612

>recs
What're you into?

>where
I don't shop online, and I suggest other people don't as well. I live in Texas, so there's a chance for heat damage most of the year, plus you don't actually get to see the condition of the record before you buy it, you don't get to listen to the record before you buy it, and most importantly you lose the feeling of digging, our whatever you want to call it. You're also less likely to buy something you've never heard online, while you can mess around and discover in a store. On top of all of that, your paying shipping costs. So, shop your local record store; if you don't have one, move to a city.
>>
>>61920724
can you give me an explanation as to why one would collect cassettes? absolute shit audio quality
>>
>>61920724
You found Sepultura in a charity shop? Damn. That is lucky.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 960x720
>>61920612
Amazon can be good for new stuff because sometimes you'll get ass cheap records. You'll also be supporting a huge monolith of a company

Support local first, then Discogs, then Amazon

Pic related is greatest rarest record cover
>>
>>61920724

Nice Emperor EP
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (2 MB, 2661x2589) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
2 MB, 2661x2589
my vinyl record collection

there are 2 different records in the middle

i want to preorder this badly http://blackesteverblack.bigcartel.com/product/dalhous-i-the-composite-moods-collection-vol-1-house-number-44-i-blackest051-2xlp
>>
File: Setoop.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
Setoop.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
My fucking photoarchive page keeps 404ing
>>
>>61920838
they where cheap, except that emperor ep I spent 13 euro on that and it was sealed but I opened it to play it. well I think black metal sounds really badass on Tape.

>>61920840
it sounds so good man
>>61920873
thank you
>>
>>61920818
>>61920848
nearest local store is like an hour drive which is odd because I live in a pretty popular area. and is heat damage a thing I should be concerned about when ordering online(I live in a very hot area)?
>>
>>61921012

I would leave a note for your post man to not leave packages after you've placed a vinyl order
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
my most recent. I don't really understand buying new records 2bhonest
>>
>>61921633
I mostly avoid new unless its like a rare rediscovered album being reissued or a must have new release
>>
>>61921633
I love drums and wires and I have a copy of that LP too
>>
i've wanted ziggy stardust for fucking ever
and now that he's dead even more so
>>
whats the best black on vinyl?
>>
>>61920453
For buyers.
>>
>>61921633
Love your taste, anon.
>>
>>61922217
it all depends on who you buy from. People with high marks are usually pretty solid. Be sure to check their feedback before doing any business with them.

I recently ordered a cheap ass jazz record from a dude that he rated VG+ that showed up in G+ condition. Same thing with a dude who sold me a copy of No Love Deep Web. The NLDW dude gave me a refund and let me keep the record, but the first dude is making me send it back despite it being worth about 2-3 dollars
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.