[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when did vaporwave become uncool? Whenever I try talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: shitwhitepeopledo.jpg (91 KB, 602x552) Image search: [Google]
shitwhitepeopledo.jpg
91 KB, 602x552
So when did vaporwave become uncool?

Whenever I try talking about vaporwave on here I see a bunch of backlash and more and more of the "slowed down diana ross" arguments again and even people I know irl who like it are moving away from it saying the a e s t h e t i c shit is getting old. Is it truly dead now or is there still some good shit coming out?
>>
It got popular among "hipsters" or people who like things that aren't popular, if you say you are a big vaporwave fan that is as unoriginal as saying you are a fan of death grips or neutral milk hotel.

You need to like something else to be cool now.
>>
Vaporwave will always be cool to me - I unironically find the aesthetic beautiful, like a tangible heaven.
>>
Vaporwave was never cool.

Why listen to slowed down 80s music when you can just listen to the original song? Why waste time making this oversaturated shit when you could learn how to make your own music?
>>
>>61917606
i still listen to it, i really love some of the more mood setting shit like Midnight Television and i find the A E S T H E T I C really cool

i don't really give a shit about if it's cool or not, hipsters are a cancer on the music community
>>
>>61917606
Probably because faggots started saying A E S H E T I C and shit without even understanding the joke. As for vaporwave itself, I find most of it doesn't really do much for me after listening to Floralshope and future funk is just french house except with all the things that make french house good removed and "style" as an excuse for garbage production

I find this to be incredible though
https://soundcloud.com/dosbomber/s-o-r-o-j-a-z-u
>>
>>61917606
It always got hated here. Gotta lurk more
>>
Not being ironic, vaporwave is memetic. It started as a joke that some people took seriously, and when anything is produced with effort behind it, you are bound to get some quality material, that in turn attracts more people to the meme and that means more people are likely to try and create it, which translates to more garbage work with some diamonds, but eventually you reach a point where no one new is producing quality and everyone keeps hearing the garbage so they generalize it as garbage and the cycle continues.
>>
>>61917606
>white people
fuck off racist afroamerican
>>
>>61917606
vaporwave came out late 2012 with floral shoppe, peaked in '13, and somehow still has not died as there are many remnants of the genre and the sheik is being slowly integrated into more widespread culture (i.e. rather than the underground obscurity it was on bandcamp once upon a time, it is garnering fame to a degree and at the least, notoriety within alternative culture)
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>61918451
A E S T H E T I C

It's not just 80s music any more than Twin Peaks is just a soap opera.

In fact, that's an excellent description of vaporwave: Twin Peaks. It's normal and mundane, but also alien, bizarre and eerie.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 640x935) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 640x935
Vaporwave is disgusting
>>
>>61918689
>meme musician hating on meme music
>>
>>61918664
lol those minds eye videos. they were vaporwave before it was a thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbG34c1qorQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKJzZQ9Ln-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYBes8ki3lo
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.