[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We must have this leaked this weekend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
We must have this leaked this weekend
>>
A friend of mine works at the factory where Domino get all their vinyl printed. He could probably get a copy as soon as they start printing if they already havent.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
>>61914821
THE KING OF INDIE WILL SAVE US
>>
Drag City don't leak
>>
summoning deak
>>
>>61914881
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished is an Avey solo album though
>>
>>61914881
>implying Avey isn't the brain behind AnCo

T E A M A V E Y
E
A
M
A
V
E
Y
>>
>>61915154
Noah "perfect percussion" Lennox would have something to say about that.
>>
>>61914881
Damn totally forgot person pitch and strawberry jam in the same year
>>
>>61915201
>2007 was the best year for music in the 21st century so far
prove me wrong
>>
>>61915201
How the fuck does one Pitch his Persons Perfectly in March and then Jam his Strawberries in September. Talented, I say.
>>
>>61915248
tbf Strawberry Jam was like 80% Avey but still
>>
>>61915245
MBV came out in 2013
>>
>>61915279
Yeah, but impressive he was part of those two records in such a short space of time.
>>
>>61915304
>>61915248
I've seen artists who do much more than this.

Devin Townsend released 3 albums, each of them about 1 hour long, in 2014 - as well as 1 hour of bonus material.

And he is also the producer of his own music btw
>>
>>61915448
yeah but Panda worked on 2 fantastic albums
>>
>>61915448
Yeah but Devin Townsend is fucking shit. It's more about quality than quantity
>>
>>61915467
Well out of the 3 albums he released in 2014, 2 were disappointing but not "bad" and 1 was really good (casualties of cool)

>>61915506
Devin Townsend has some incredible albums anon. have you tried Ocean Machine?
>>
>>61915523
I actually like you as a trip, i've got to be honest I despise progressive metal
>>
>>61915561
Devin is not just progressive metal though. many of his albums are not progressive at all, and some of them are not even metal.

This is not prog metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCf_iC98U8
>>
Lick it Dick
>>
>tfw Noah Lennox will never pitch a perfect tent in bed next to you
>tfw David Portner will never get lost in your curls
>tfw you'll never get a sample of 2001 Brian Weitz
>Deakin
>>
>>61915597
That music is pretty much the opposite of music that I like I'm afraid. It's just got a certain smarmy, dream theater-esque quality to it.
>>
A fuzzy tabby cat
She could bury him in apples
>>
>>61915726
I highly disagree. i dislike Dream Theater too and i think Devin is very very different from them.

But well each one and his opinions.
I will give you this song too, which is entirely different, maybe you will like this side of Devin more, if you are willing to give it another try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPk02nz5eRU
>>
>>61915597
what would you classify this as?
this just seems really cliche and uninspired to me
>>
>>61915779
That sounds totally different and not bad. But it's not something I would check out by choice. No doubt he has some cool stuff if he's this versatile. Perhaps I'll give him a go again one day.
>>
>>61915798
I'm not sure, but definitely not as "progressive".

And i fully disagree with you calling it cliche or uninspired. sure, the song is rather simple and not anything experimental like AnCo, but it's definitely not uninspired.

>>61915839
The origins of Devin were not even from the Prog Metal scene. his early works were actually Industrial Metal with a band called Strapping Young Lad. he did make alot of prog metal in his career but it's like, not where he started from.

Btw, here is another song in a similar style to the one you liked more, from an album called Ki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0i7hRUoD_c
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.