[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of this reviewing sites worth checking out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: The seer scores.png (17 KB, 271x338) Image search: [Google]
The seer scores.png
17 KB, 271x338
Are any of this reviewing sites worth checking out?
>>
>>61909459
Which one did you take out? I see a blank spot
>>
>caring about number scores
>not just exploring record labels, similar sounding artists and artists who play with each other
>>
>>61909468
The Needle Drop I think.
>>
>>61909468
Look for The Seer in wikipedia and you'll know ~

>>61909486
nope.

>>61909485
Anon, getting recommendations from others is a great way to discover new music.
>>
>>61909459
tiny mix tapes is good, and fun
>>
>>61909459
I use Sputnik music, It's pretty cool and if your dissatisfied with a review you can contribute your own.
>>61909486
Wikipedia doesn't include his scores that the last time i checked
>>61909485
My music tastes are to broad for that
>>
>>61909517
>My music tastes are to broad for that
that's probably what makes your music taste shitty then
>>
>>61909517
I've actually seen him included in one. I think it was CLPPNG.
>>
>>61909517
he used to be included but then some autist, probably from /mu/ took his reviews down from every single wiki page he was on.
>>
>>61909564
it was most likely an autist from /mu/ that put them up in the first place
>>
>>61909564
I believe somebody in one of his letter to a fans said they took down all his reviews from his wikipedia pages. It was about if he should trust the guy's opinion or not, but i can't remember It's name.
>>
>>61909459
nope. reviewers are hipster blog garbage. just go on discogs.
>>
>>61909564
They don't put reviews of people who don't have a 'musical' background.
I mean, they don't even have fucking scruffi
>>
>>61909732
Why would they? Scaruffi isn't musically educated, a professional critic or write for any website or music magazine, he's just another person on the web with a website and an opinion.
>>
I use Allmusic to check the discographies of American pre-80's jazz musicians for the most noteworthy albums - it's pretty good and convenient for that
>>
>>61909751
I thought Scaruffi's Beatles critique was respected by his peers.
>>
>>61909773
His peers being a bunch of teens on 4chan
>>
>>61909751
Where is the point about putting 'professional' critics if they don't talk about the music per se
Christgau, for example, reviews albums according to their cultural influence or how similar are they to The Beatles. No one needs a musical background to say that.
They put AllMusic, which assigns every album at least a 3.5
They put all those metal magazines which overrate every fucking album
>>
>>61909806
Christgau reviews albums on whether he likes them, then writes three nonsensical sentences about it, slaps a weird icon on it and calls it a review
>>
>>61909806
Christigau ranks albums according to how "catchy" and how well that "catchiness" holds up on repeated listens, hes still a moron but of a different type to what you said.
>>
Is there any actual good music critic?
>>61909833
>>61909846
Christgay is a fucking hack.
>>
>>61909880
Thanks for pointing that out both of are sentences imply that.
>>
pitchfork f
>>
>>61909468
Rolling stone
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.