[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there psychology in listening to obscure music? Are you supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Is there psychology in listening to obscure music? Are you supposed to feel closer to the music?
>>
Obscurity is relative.
>>
>>61909274
I feel close to all my music I have.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyPDJ3tvfc&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>61909274
yes, obscure music and mainstream music are very different: one is music, while the other is music. pay attention
>>
You're supposed to feel superior because the nerds and normies don't know about your secret club.
>>
listening to obscure music offers a challenge while popular and mainstream music is typically immediately accessible
>>
>>61909410
I've never really gotten that attitude, when i find a good band i want them to succeed.
>>
There is more obscure music in the world than mainstream music. As the amount of music increases, so does the diversity of it. Therefor, if you limit yourself to mainstream music, you limit yourself to a smaller range of sounds. By seeking out new and diverse types of music, you open yourself up to finding those personal 10/10s
>>
it makes you think
>>
>>61909274
Yeah, there is actually. I can't remember the name of the phenomenon but I do know it doesn't apply to just music - you actually see it on a lot of boards for some reason. Has something to do with exclusivity, which is associated with it being 'better' than other things. With music, it's even more exclusive, because you need at least some taste for a lot of the obscure tracks.
>>
>>61909586
>There is more obscure music in the world than mainstream music. As the amount of music increases, so does the diversity of it. Therefor, if you limit yourself to mainstream music, you limit yourself to a smaller range of sounds. By seeking out new and diverse types of music, you open yourself up to finding those personal 10/10s
nice post
>>
the average person has terrible taste, therefore the better music is generally, but not always, less well known
>>
Now that you mention it I actually kind of do. An anon posted his soundcloud once and I really liked his work. His songs had about 1,000 plays maximum and I was his only subscriber to his youtube. I felt like I knew the guy because I seemed to be the only person really into his EP.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.