[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy shit it is literally impossible to escape being called either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 1448382546774.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1448382546774.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
holy shit it is literally impossible to escape being called either a contrarian or a drone
>>
>>61908642
You must be new.
It's worked like this for a while
>>
Welcome to nu /mu/
>>
pleb
>>
All you can do is keep posting until you find somebody who understands you and your taste.
>>
hello reddit
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/41ukyp/mu_makes_milk/
>>
>>61908728
epic XD......

epic FOR THE WIN
>>
drones and contrarians are mostly teens on reddit and avid readers of conde nast owned sites. if you are here it's because you want to find new music outside of the /mu/ essentials and rym lists. i like that you can get wildly random recs if you stumble upon a great thread.
>>
>>61908762
>drones and contrarians are mostly teens on reddit and avid readers of conde nast owned sites
the point is that everyone on /mu/ is either a drone or a contrarian
>>
>>61908700
This
>>
>>61908700
>>61908834
well hello there /mu/
am I right in believing this is what the folks at Reddit told me you called a "meme"?
pm me
xox
>>
>>61908803
i disagree. you have to be an absolute retard to be either of those things. only a small, maybe vocal minority are like that on mu. most have their own taste and they like what they like.

the thing is that a lot of people that come on here are really similar. they are the average looking guy that never got a lot of female attention, a bit introverted, not a lot of confidence but really self-centered and self-important, pseudo-intelligent, a couple of good friends, one or two really fucked up child-hood traumas, dissapointing relationships with parents, girlfriend, whatever...

it's natural that a lot of us like and dislike the same things. i believe that it's genuine and not 'droning' or 'contrariarism'.
>>
>>61908700
>>61908834
Please fuck off to /tv/ vancer
>>
Contrarianism needs to be wiped off the face of this planet
>>
>>61909064
Contrarianism to whom? /mu/core? Billboard? RYM? Scaruffi? Your taste?
>>
just b urself :)
>>
4chan is literally contrarianism" the website
>>
>>61909000
ugh I fucking know
just read the OP again it's only 15 words
>>
>>61909064
liking oasis is contrarianism btw :^)
>>
>>61910110
but this is reddit now
>>
the obsession with reddit has to stop
it's not even funny on a meme level
>>
yeah no but you have to be a special kind of retard to take any notice of ppl who say stuff like drone contrarian pleb patrician etc etc
>>
>>61910179
I'm just so bored with people talking about reddit that I am trying to make talking about reddit into a meme
>>
I've found that if you slip a little /mu/core into your charts while putting "you own taste" on it by adding album art that looks patrician, they tolerate you here.

Nobody knows I'm a Lady Gaga and Adam Lambert fan, OP.
>>
> holy shit it is literally impossible to escape being called either a contrarian or a drone
Nah, people just overuse these words when they have a different taste than yours, it's not worth paying attention to.
>>
>>61910267
This, its just another way in a long line of memes for

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE and
STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE
>>
>giving a shit what people call you
confirmed for drone
>>
>>61910212
trying to make talking about reddit into a meme is a meme tho
>>
>>61910265
Is this really what you fuckers do? Is this why I see the same albums in every fucking thread?

Guys it's ANONYMOUS, nobody is "tolerating" you, you can't get like excommunicated for posting an album /mu/ doesn't like and your credibility is forever tarnished etc
>>
>>61910286
I try to talk about albums you know, it gets annoying when everything is personal - it's never just "I disagree with that rating"
>>
If you can't enjoy what you listen to because you're uncomfortable about what other people may think: you're probably listening to shitty music that you have no strong feelings on. You have to be able to be confident.

On the other hand, this is an anonymous Eurasian pictograph board. Don't take shit personally.
>>
>>61910286
>not giving a shit what people call you
confirmed for contrarian
>>
File: Wednesday-Addams.jpg (34 KB, 487x272) Image search: [Google]
Wednesday-Addams.jpg
34 KB, 487x272
yes, you cannot please everyone. shocked?
>>
your first mistake was actually caring about what your'e called on here
>>
>>61910352
In a way - nothing on my charts is stuff I don't love, but I make sure to not show any plebcore.

Unless of course we did a plebcore thread, but those never happen - /mu/ is for giving love to artists that get no love from anyone else, after all.
>>
>>61910363
i don't even get on what basis people rate and hate

one day a song might sound like shit, the next it just clicks. musical opinions are constantly in flux and yet people will defend their 3x3 AOTY chart like it's some hotly disputed border between warring nations

i think its best to avoid numerical rankings and just try to talk about your reactions, parts of the song that work for you and what doesn't, etc
>>
>>61908642
shut the fuck up bitch
>>
>>61910471
I've got plebshit on my charts, who cares. They're my favourites and no amount of neckbeard superiority will change that.

You sound like a giant pussy. Probably the reason you like shit music too.
>>
File: 1453217780724.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1453217780724.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
>>61910495
>>
It really isn't, you just have to enjoy music for other reasons other than self-image building
>>
>>61910471
Can't you see how desperate and pathetic it seems to actually spend the time to make a chart that doesn't even reflect your actual taste but is just designed to "fit in" with some perceived opinion regime? Have I mentioned that it's anonymous?
>>
>>61910514
does this affect what people call you?
or are you talking out of your ass perhaps
>>
>>61910569
You have yet to establish the gravity of what people are calling you on a taiwanese claymation board.
>>
>>61910569
/mu/ will find a way to call you a faggot regardless of whatever it is you like.
>>
File: tumblr_nshv2vqMHy1ubm73lo1_500.png (49 KB, 451x485) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nshv2vqMHy1ubm73lo1_500.png
49 KB, 451x485
>>61910497
>>61910546
Maybe /mu/ is different now that m00t's gone, then - what you consider weakness was actually tactics. Back in the day, too much pleb in the chart could get you banned for "off-topic trolling". If you wanted to keep posting, you had to toe a line.
>>
>>61910614
This is like, "rudiments of the internet"-tier knowledge. A lot of people come here to talk shit, they can't assert themselves in person and there is nothing here to make you stand by your word, so it's a comfy environment for would-be bullies
>>
>>61910636
So that's why everyone coincidently have the same 100 or so albums in their charts?
>>
>>61910636
Oldfag here. This is bullshit. Find me an example of this in the archive
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 720x960
calling someon a contrarian here is saying that everyone's musical worldview is narrowed by this place (and p4k too) and that's simply untrue and frankly indicative of autism and being a fucking tool

>>61910663
>/mu/ is one person

idiot
>>
>>61908642
maybe you should accept that people will always judge you no matter what you do, and just discuss music
>>
>>61910772
kt
>>
File: 1.jpg (53 KB, 587x663) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
53 KB, 587x663
>>61910686
Well, so much for my ruse cruise
>>
>>61910636
even if this were true, it still doesn't make sense

>you there at IP x.x.x.x, we notice you have not posted your AOTY chart yet, please post it so that we can make sure you are allowed to keep posting

if you can't post your real opinions, you will post fake opinions so that you will be allowed to post more fake opinions in the future?
>>
>>61910772
cat
>>
>>61908762
>i like that you can get wildly random recs if you stumble upon a great thread.
Me too. Discovered Afrobeat through /mu/, one of my favourite genres now.
>>
>>61908700
>>61910110
For a second I thought I was on /tv/
>>
>>61908642
No, it's not.

Just close your browser.
>>
>>61909000
nice trips, shit post.
>>
>>61909000
Your description of the average /mu/tant fits me so much it's almost scary.

Is everything pre-college considered childhood?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.