[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss your favorite David Bowie albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1453190292832.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1453190292832.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
I still can't believe he's gone man.

My favorite bowie album is Low
>>
I used to be anti-Bowie, but his death converted me. I never realized how much I really appreciated his existence.
Even meme school makes me love him. I dont want to, but i cant avoid it.
>>
I didn't care for him until Blackstar but now I want to listen to the rest of his discography since it blew my mind. Where should I start?
>>
>>61907191
Start with space oddity
>>
Blackstar, Outside, Scary Monsters
>>
>>61907191
Depends if you enjoyed Blackstar you should go for his more experimetal stuff:

Try out "Outside" and maybe even "Black Tie White Noise" (if you enjoy jazzy elements) from there you should listen to "Station to Station", "Low", "Heroes" and "Lodger". If you are hooked feel free to discover as you please, but I suggest listen to his earlier records, starting with "The Man Who Sold The World" maybe, first after that.
>>
>>61907191
I feel that Heroes is probably closest to Blackstar as a record.
>>
File: Memeschool2.png (186 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
Memeschool2.png
186 KB, 330x330
>>61907222
>>61907191
No, start at the beginning.

You don't have to finish his debut record, but you need to at least hear what he was going for when he started. It sort of echoes his later work.

But literally just listen to all of it. Even the mediocre Bowie records are better than average.

>>61906994
My favorite album is the lesser known pic related.
>>
I'd say either Ziggy, "Heroes" or Lodger
>>
It's heroes because sense of doubt -> moss garden -> neuron helped me get to sleep in a comfortable, relatively peaceful place during a huge depressive bout, and because 'Blackout' is basically the most badass song ever made besides maybe 'breaking glass'
>>
I like the second half of Low better. But I do like Breaking Glass.
>>
>>61907410
Meme School was a great album, sampling a fucking dial-up modem was a terrible idea though.
>>
>>61907828
And Sound And Vision of course.
>>
>>61907191
station to station is where i started. Try that
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.