[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ never talk about the blues? Too inaccessible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Why does /mu/ never talk about the blues? Too inaccessible?
>>
>>61906487
Idk. I hate the white man blues. I was looking at the tracklisting for Beano, and shit like "Ramblin' on my mind" pisses me off. It's 1966 and you've never actually said that before. Stfu posers.

But delta and hill country blues are great. Mississippi John Hurt, Blind Lemon Johnson, Son House, and Robert "Fucking" Johnson are some of my favs.
>>
Mu is all white
>>
Its hard to get into with all the bells and whistles rock music has. But its amazing and very sincere. We're too ironic too appreciate it.

Mississippi Fred McDowell was an amazing guitar player. I'm a bigger fan of Chicago blues though, Howlin Wolf is GOAT and serves as the bridge between blues and rock
>>
>>61906487
>blues
>inaccessible
cmon faggot
>>
I thought that I liked blues music but it just seems permanently stuck within a single mindset. You'd think that if they were so depressed and sad about their lives they'd find more creative ways to express that sadness in their lyrics than 'I've got the blues' repeat ad nauseum and 'my 'girl' has left me' tripe. I'm a fan of buddy guy and muddy waters though despite the cliche's. Are there any blues artists who sung non-narrative/poetic lyrics?
>>
>>61906832
That's pretty much what the blues is. Sometimes they touch gospel motifs, i always like that.
You'll like Howlin Wolf though
>>
My dad likes the blues maybe you should talk to him
>>
Rec albums,OP
>>
>>61906997
http://i.4cdn.org/mu/1453368296208.jpg
>>
Their precious "indie" is 95% blues + 5% beta.
They just don't know.
>>
>>61907011
Indie 100% beta
>>
>>61907007
4 hours and 9 minutes, kek
I'll still check it out
>>
>>61906997
>spoonfeed me
nice fucking trip m8, was your idea to let everyone know you're new?
>>
>>61907023
pretty much any Lead Belly is good
>>
File: swerved.gif (3 MB, 500x261) Image search: [Google]
swerved.gif
3 MB, 500x261
>>61907011

Thematically blues is far closer to rap music. It explores the same kind of pathos - stress over getting money, getting loaded, getting bitches and getting even.

Which always makes me lol when naively pretentious middlebrow Reddit types love blues yet write off trap and drill music as nonsense: it's just a modern iteration.
>>
>>61907046
This is pretty interesting stuff. Not really structured at all but it's worth at least listening to a bit of it. Perfect for a sleepless night
>>
>>61907087
beight
>>
File: 1452145119523.jpg (722 KB, 1622x1154) Image search: [Google]
1452145119523.jpg
722 KB, 1622x1154
>>61907101

>implying bait

It's not that odd a parallel.
>>
>>61907087
Not at all. Did you stop listening to hip hop after the 90s? It's not about being poor, it's about hyper materialism and ego. Maybe Howlin Wolf is kind of like that, but its extreme now, and awful for the African american community. With blues, the poor can empathize. With hip hop, it glamorizes greed so poor people can pretend they're not poor.
>>
>>61907121

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCqEOboRctY

You are too anemic and boring for the blues.
>>
>>61907042
>because being new matters you fucking normie
>>
>>61907139
Eh, this song is talking about a black man shooting a woman. Nowadays, women would find that threatening, they think its only okay when the cool black man points his gun at a cop or another gangster. Couldn't get away with that kind of song today.

How non-threatening a musician is is VERY important for women.
>>
>>61907192

>Eh, this song is talking about a black man shooting a woman.

The inference being of course that you are acting like a little bitch right now.

Not too quick with that lateral thought, are we?
>>
>>61907217
U mad
>>
>>61907239

Nope, just styling circles around you with ease.

You mad?
>>
>>61907245
Lol okay, I'm not gonna stop you
>>
>>61907289

>boring bants from a boring blues fan

Alright I'm out.
>>
>>61906832
right.

its monotonous. like vaporwave it is limited by it's asthetic.
>>
File: Blues-Pills.jpg (325 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Blues-Pills.jpg
325 KB, 1280x720
>>61906487
Blues bores me to death.
If only, I can only stand Blues Pills because she can fucking blues rock and Joe Bonamassa because who doesn't like Joe Bonamassa?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.