[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wew lad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
wew lad
>>
>radiohead just announced a tour and now this
It's like 2012 all over again
>>
>>61904604
time is a flat circle, bruh
>>
honestly fuck that
>>
so we counting down the days til Mars Volta reunites then?
>>
Sparta reunion when?
>>
i'd be down for another tour, but a new album would probably sux dix desu
>>
The last tour sucked but Cedric's mom had just died, right? So that's a pass

But I hope they don't suck again
>>
>>61904792
True, can't hate on someone for that reason. Honestly believe that they would have canceled the whole thing when that went down but those checks were already cashed.
>>
Fuck, the Refused album last year sucked so hard, I hope theirs doesn't suck too
>>
De Facto reunion when
>>
>>61904645
no thanks desu
>>
>>61904846
no crash grab for that. Plus,Jeremy Michael Ward is dead, so never.
>>
>>61904833
I was thinking this too. Hope ATDI dont turn into a shitty mashup of all their sideprojects like Refused did
>>
they all look fucking terrible in that pic
>>
>>61904833
every Refused album sucks anon
>>
>>61905186
>Shape of Punk to Come
>not seminal hardcore

C'mon
>>
>>61905209
It's proto-nu metal garbage
>>
File: mac.png (356 KB, 754x422) Image search: [Google]
mac.png
356 KB, 754x422
>>61905249
>>
i hope it'll be good
>>
Hopefully Antemasque is kill forever
>>
>>61904645

Ikey is dead
>>
>>61905302
They made an album without him before he died. Not that I want TMV to get back together
>>
>>61905209
Refused is shit
the fact that their influence goes a long way means nothing since they are dickheads and too good for the scene
>>
>>61904543

>sick ass drum intro.mp3
>HEY!
>>
>>61905186

SoPtC not better than anything ATDR ever did.
>>
I like ATDI but extremely sceptical. They were refreshing in the early 2000s but now...
>>
>>61905976
THE PROPOSITION HANDCUFFED TO THE PARK BENCH
>>
>>61905209
>nu-metal trash
>""""hardcore""""

Refused blows, songwriting is shit, riffs are shit, vocals are shit, lyrics are shit, energy is shit, etc. They are genuinely terrible and only seen as "seminal" because they got hyped up by shitty music pubs and people ate it up, their influence is barely felt (if at all) in any actual modern punk band/scene (much less any good one) even though said band/members of said scene will almost certainly namedrop them as an "influence". Their music ultimately had very little effect on "punk to come". The epitome of a band that's "legendary" because you're just, like, supposed to love them, man!
>>
>>61906373

buh uhhhhhhh

LET'S TAKE THE WEIGHT OUT OF THIS LET'S TAKE THE WEIGHT OUT OF something.....
>>
File: atdi_glitch_nologo.webm (400 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
atdi_glitch_nologo.webm
400 KB, 1366x768
bump

https://u.pomf.is/fqupph.mp3
>>
There performances back in 2012/13 whenever it was were a bit weird because Cedric's vocals had gone completely high pitched post-TMV, so it didn't have the feeling it used to.

I'll still go see them if the chance arises, and give the album a fair chance. It's interesting at the very least.
>>
>>61906585
LIVING?
ARE WE INFANTS RIPE FOR THE TRAINING?
>>
>>61905249
> released 1998
> proto numetal
>>
fuck this
>>
Please don't be shit. At least I might get the chance to see them live.
>>
heroin addicts
>>
LE ANGRY ANGSTY MEXICANS WITH AFROS YELLING AND SPAZZING OUT

don't give a single shit
>>
Daily reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyT82Ke04ZM
>>
>>61904765
Yes
I loved Wiretap Scars and Porcelain
It'd be cool as hell if they returned
>>
>>61904543
RIP Crown Royal records becase of these pretentious proto hipster fags.
>>
It will be another Refused and Black Flag
Awful live shows and new material
>>
>>61907417
>le anti moshing meme

this shit is why I hate post hc shows
>>
>>61907720
you're a sheep
ive got the microphone
>>
>>61907736
semi related notice how Ian MacKaye has been solely responsible for two of the most grating and disruptive ideas in punk culture

>muh straight edge
>youth crew retards go to far
>stop moshing guys that was our thing but now kids who do it are just dumb!!!
>whiny retards ruin shows
>>
>>61907417
This video has put me off checking out ATDI. Didn't know it was the guy from TMV, I never really like them cause >>61907370

Some metal/hardcore is alright, but the musicians and fans as people are all fucking awful.

The music and scene makes me cringe of my teenage years, even more so when I see folk in their twenties still listening to crap I did at 14
>>
>>61905209
Literally one of the most boring and least energetic punk albums I've ever heard.
Not to mention that intro is sheer fedora
>>
>>61907417
whites btfo desu
>>
>>61904543
New music could be decent as long as they're not trying to do an impression of old At the Drive In. Also the tour itself last time was actually pretty good besides Omar being sad and Cedric protecting his voice. This time Omar should be into it (his mother had just died before the last tour) and Cedric doesn't need to save his voice for Mars Volta or anything like that. He seemed to find a good middle ground with the harsh vocals in Antemasque, if nothing else.
>>
>>61906440
you don't have to like them (i don't either), but they absolutely 100% created the shitty 'scene' post-hardcore sound that has dominated for the last 10-15 years
>>
>>61904645
>61905302
they will probably just let atdi get fucking massive like they were supposed to before they split up, and just do whatever music they want with them. TMV wasn't shit after Ikey, and I would rather avoid hearing cedric's falsetto again
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.