[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music to listen to after one has taken half a tab of LSD-25
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3
File: caprisun.jpg (116 KB, 617x600) Image search: [Google]
caprisun.jpg
116 KB, 617x600
Music to listen to after one has taken half a tab of LSD-25

I won't be doing this, but my friend was curious what albums you would recommend for this kind of experience.

What I'm thinking atm are
>Captain Beefheart - Strictly Personal
>Can - Tago Mago
>Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

thoughts?

(pic unrelated)
>>
whatever they play when you die and go to hell for being a junkie
>>
Hendrix. Always Hendrix on acid
>>
Fishmans - Long Season might be cool
>>
>>61903012
>strictly personal

Wow, solid choice, dude, seriously. Everyone always mentons Safe as Milk or Trt Mask, but S personal is where the acid is
>>
>>61903597
I was just thinking that. God damn. Must be destiny

>>61903633
I agree. Safe as Milk is to straight forward, and TMR is too composed.
>>
also any thoughts on There's a Riot Goin' on?
>>
how long does half a dab last?
>>
>>61903709
idk you'd have to ask my friend.
>>
>>61903556
of course i like hendrix. of course
>>
Half a tab? Your friend is a pussy, I hope he's comfortable with the one foot in the door, one foot out feeling.
You want to be fully immersed in it, otherwise it's just confusing.
>>
PINK FLOYD on LSD will impart you with the most profound enlightenment. You will become the torch bearer of illuminating wisdom.
Then, go forth into the world and spread the word of PINK FLOYD.
>>
>>61903778
well my friend's friend is giving it to him for free, so I think it would be rude to ask to upgrade.
>>
>>61903749
But dude... yoou don't even know how righteous he feels on acid
>>
>>61903012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ZiU7ahZso
>>
listen to alan watts lectures

trust me
>>
>>61903749
subtle meme
>>
>>61903012

good on acid:
Boris - Flood
Boris - Amplifier Worship
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
Sleep - Dopesmoker
Flipper - Generic
Kind of Like Spitting - One Hundred Dollar Room
Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe
>>
Gorguts - Obscura
>>
any other thoughts? the thread died.
>>
>>61903709
12 hours friend-o.
>>
>>61903835
/thread
>>
>>61904033
bullshit.

maybe for a full tab
>>
>>61903709
Well a full tab is like 8 hours, so it would be 4 hours
>>
Astrobrite
Barlow
Lilys
MBV
Honestly anything really textured is extremely good.
>>
>>61903787
I would honestly just ask to pay him a little for a full one.
>>
>>61904053
How long is the peak, come up, afterglow, etv
>>
>>61904053
>>61904048
At least in my experience the ride lasted for a out 12 hours famlam. Also, the trip wouldn't just be cut in half when taking half a tab, t he dosing might not have been perfect and there might be more or less than half of the actual dose one half of the blotter.
>>
>>61904098
that would be a good idea, but I literally have no money

I could promise to pay him back but that would make me feel like a douche.
>>
B I T C H E S B R E W

I

T

C

H

E

S

B

R

E

W
>>
>>61903012
Definitely Tago Mago, it's literally orgasmic.
>>
>not listening to Boredoms while tripping
It's like you don't want to have a good time
>>
>>61904126
I'm joking about 4 hours. I always take 2 hits so I couldn't tell you what half a tab does, but I imagine the peak isn't that strong and would last 4 hours, followed by 2 hours of gaining back your lucidity and, followed by a few days of reflection.
>>
>>61904053
That's not how it works...
>>
>>61904165
Do you just take acid for the lulz experience or do you actually concentrate on the godhead and bringing back information to better society/yourself etc
>>
>>61904208
>>>/x/
>>
>>61904162
I was thinking Vision Creation Newsun might be p good senpai, but I couldn't remember if it had any of the retarded stuff from their old albums that might put my friend off.
>>
File: 1340246348004.jpg (101 KB, 679x631) Image search: [Google]
1340246348004.jpg
101 KB, 679x631
>using "tab" as a measurement of dosage
It could be anything from 0 to 300 micrograms
>>
>>61904214
It's very mellow, a lot different from their early albums. Super AE is another good chill Boredoms album.
>>
>>61904230
>implying I would know exactly how much LSD my friend is taking

all he told me was one tab.
>>
>>61904208
Yeah
>>
>>61904264
Not even judging you OP, but the posters who claim "half a tab is not enough", or "maybe for a full tab". It's absolutely meaningless.
>>
When I did acid my friend and I took a cool trip to a waterfall, and he played this Cream CD that sounded pretty awesome so I listened to it like 3 times.
<tfw start feeling it to I feel free

Then he put on some cheesy world music cd had where it sounded like Star Wars music. Pretty cool time
>>
>>61904302
Dammit I should go to bed fucking up greentext lol
>>
>>61904282
So which is it

Please stop taking acid if you're just going to fuck around with it
>>
>>61904324
it's not something spiritual or divine. It's just a hallucinogen.
>>
>>61904343
i wouldn't say it's divine but it definitely spiritual/religious
>>
>>61904324
It's good life experience, it disarms and dismantles me so I can get to the center of my existence.
One of the things it taught me is to not worry about trivial things, like getting upset if someone takes acid to have fun. If that's what they want to do and it helps them, more power to them.

I only do it like twice a year though, I've learned a lot from it and at this point the main thing it does is strip away my conditioning so I can dive deep into myself. The last time I took it, I became convinced that life is a lie and everything is directed by a grand architect, including myself, so I haven't touched the stuff in a while.
>>
>>61904230
>>61904264
>>61904301
This. Tab is a super arbitrary way to measure. Few years ago when 25i swept through this area tabs could be anywhere from 400 to 1200mcg.

Amusingly the tab quality was so piss poor you were better off just blowing small amounts of the powder.

>>61904208
>>61904324
You aren't really in the headspace when on something like LSD to focus it into anything specific.
>>
is it a bad idea to do acid after you freaked out a little bit the last time you did it?
>>
>>61904528
With that attitude it probably is. You'll want to be with friends and comfortable before trying again. If you get worried there's a good chance you'll set yourself off into a spiral.
>>
>>61904470
I'll add on to the grand architect thing, nothing is more horrifying than feeling like your free will completely disappeared. If I got up to move, I'd wonder if that was me deciding that or if it was the universe naturally making its movements and I (as well as everyone else) is its play-thing. I really felt like there were strings coming from my body being pulled by a higher power. It was awful. So awful that I tried to break out of it by flailing around and punching my 2 close friends in the face. It was fine and I snapped out of it after that, but fuck. That was extreme. It still sticks with me. And the whole Donald Trump running for president thing just makes me question if this universe is real even more.
>>
>>61903012
I would change the Strictly Personal to TMR since there's a lot more going on in TMR and the ability to more easily discern layers of music while tripping makes it rewarding as fuck.

Black Saint And The Sinner Lady is a great pick for the same reasons.

Instead of Tago Mago I would recommend Amon Duul II's Yeti from the Krautrock side as it is 1. one of the more psychedelic krautrock records and 2. like TMR and BSATSL it's often got moments where a lot happens and is very rewarding to someone who trips
>>
>>61903787
Don't be a pussy and upgrade
>>
>>61904504
You don't use your brain to navigate yourself on acid, you use your soul, your other brain. It's a little harder
>>61904580
Everything IS being manipulated by God, grand architect, the creator, etc

Chill you're just having bad vibes, bad headspace
>>
>>61904603
Thanks
>>
>>61904528
You really have to just pause for a moment and think that life just is what it is and it's all good no matter what your anxiety is telling you
>>
>>61904625
>You don't use your brain to navigate yourself on acid, you use your soul, your other brain. It's a little harder
I get what you mean. I used to be big into hallucinogens. I think it can be healthy for almost everyone to experience it at least once.

I'm big on Absurdism so I definitely guided myself during trips, but it's a very plastic mind set. I just meant you can't really go into it expecting to do x or y to happen.

>>61904528
This >>61904659 it's really hard to explain but once you see things for whatever they are to you it everything mellows right out. For me at least.

I don't really do hallucinogens anymore, but I still have some 25i powder in a bag somewhere. Don't think I'll take LSD again though, I got what I wanted out of it and have a bit of trouble (physically) tolerating it now.
>>
>>61904564
>>61904659
thanks if anything ill just do half a tab with friends
>>
>>61904625
It was just weird. I also took 350 mg, so that had a lot to do with it.
Merriweather Post Pavilion was amazing, and The Stone Roses were THE BEST for a comedown.

The entire house had a bad trip though. My bud got naked and started walking in the street and his girlfriend was crying trying to get him back in. Crazy night.
>>
>>61904706
>I just meant you can't really go into it expecting to do x or y to happen.
Absolute agree

You can sort of have an expectation but it could change in a second and/or you forget
>>
>>61904724
God tier taste for trip music, especially stone roses, nice choice, also MPP obv
>>
>>61904724
350mg would send you to the emergency room
>>
>>61904724
>mg
Isn't it measured in μg generally?

>>61904707
>thanks if anything ill just do half a tab with friends
Yeah I'd do that for sure. If you're in a calm place with people you know the risk of a bad time is pretty low.

If you start to freak out at any point have a quick cold shower. That usually takes the edge off the anxiety.

>>61904734
>You can sort of have an expectation but it could change in a second and/or you forget
>forget
Haha. Fuck, I wonder how many "revelations" I've lost to a beat I thought sounded cool, or something equally as trivial.
>>
File: 1453244297386.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1453244297386.gif
1 MB, 640x360
Magma - Udu Wudu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqsfVhcJSo

Frank Zappa - Roxy & Elsewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZwa1Funh0

Stereolab - Dots and Loops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNyCK9Xb1SI

Have fun. Drugs are cool.
>>
>>61904756
True, I'd be in a psych ward. You know what I mean, add a 'c' in there.
>>
>>61903709
LSD generally lasts 8-12 hours but could last as much as 15 or your experience may vary

Anyway, my choices:
Margo Guryan - Take a Picture
The Millennium - Begin
The Beach Boys - The Smile Sessions
Love - Forever Changes
>>
go to a show
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.