[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he, dare I say, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 850x400
Was he, dare I say, right?
>>
>>61902201
jazzcore is real CONFIRMED
>>
>>61902201
Yeah he's pretty spot on, that's all you need to make a good song (Heroin)
>>
Does that mean that The Velvet Underground was actually a Jazz band?
>>
Four chords and you may as well be writing a symphony?
>>
>three chords and you're into jazz

pretty sure Candy Says has more than three chords

was this man a hypocrite?
>>
>>61903485
he's the master troll, he might have even coined the term "trolling"
>>
Lou Reed was a big Jazz fan though, so I don't take it as negative comment.
>>
File: Metal_machine_music.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Metal_machine_music.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
How many chords does this album have?
>>
Graduated meme school same year as bowie, dude knows his shit
>>
>>61903535
>scaruffi gave this a higher score than Transformer
I never gave a shit about anyone's ratings but holy shit how can someone be so contrarian
>>
>>61903535
>In the album's liner notes, Reed claimed to have invented heavy metal and asserted that Metal Machine Music was the ultimate conclusion of that genre
holy kek
>>
>>61903535
Chord progression is the least of this album's problems
>>
>>61903535
i love that album
>>
>>61903588
>According to Reed (despite the original liner notes), the album entirely consists of guitar feedback played at different speeds. The two guitars were tuned in unusual ways and played with different reverb levels. He would then place the guitars in front of their amplifiers, and the feedback from the very large amps would vibrate the strings—the guitars were, effectively, playing themselves. He recorded the work on a four-track tape recorder in his New York apartment, mixing the four tracks for stereo. In its original form, each track occupied one side of an LP record and was listed with a runtime of 16 minutes and 1 second, although the actual runtimes vary. The runtime for the fourth side was listed on the label as the symbol for infinity, because it ended in a locked groove, causing the last 1.8 seconds of sound to repeat endlessly until the listener picked the needle up from the record. The rare 8-track tape version has no silence in between programs, so that it plays continuously without gaps on most players. A quadraphonic disk was also released by RCA.
>>
>>61903565
He gave it an 8/10 originally

(he was right)
>>
>>61902201
A whole lot of nonsense.
Especially considering his own fucking catalog.
>>
>>61905094
Sort of agree. Honestly, it's not bad. Some of it verges on beautiful.
>>
>>61903565
OH my GOD someone likes different shit than you????????????????????????
>>
>>61905612
what time is it where you are scaruffi you bitch haha just playing
>>
>>61905627
il tempo è di nove, coglione
>>
File: image.png (6 KB, 1420x104) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 KB, 1420x104
>>61903565
see pic
>>
>>61905651
SCRUFFY COMPLAINERS BTFO
>>
>>61902219
>a good song (Heroin)
Haha
>>
>>61905675
Well I guess I just don't know
>>
>>61905651
based
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.