[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What DAW do you think has the best work flow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: Ableton.jpg (19 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
Ableton.jpg
19 KB, 468x468
What DAW do you think has the best work flow?
>>
depends on how you work
>>
>>61900361
I like ableton because you can get more in depth with the sound, but I'm too used to fl studio and way more efficiant at it.
>>
depends on how you flow
>>
i use more than one daw because they have different strengths
>>
>>61900483
this
>>
I like ableton but i also haven't used anything else
>>
All DAWs are garbage.
None of them offers a xenharmonic piano roll.
>>
>>61900361
i like logic
>>
>>61900660
Made me laugh more than it should have
>>
If you use fl studio there's no way you can be anything other than a shitty soundcloud producer
>>
>>61900699
I'm half serious actually. These companies invest millions in superficial effects and sample databases yet neglect entire universes of composition.
>>
how fucking long does it take to get comfortable in Ableton. I don't even know what the fuck i'm doing and it's been a year.
>>
>>61900361
FL studio is the 'Apple' of the DAW world. User friendly as fuck, but if you really wanna get more in depth you should look elsewhere. Definitely a good beginner - intermediate DAW
>>
>>61900727
>universes of composition
dear god
lrn2diyfss
>>
>>61900361
>ME ME
>ME ME
>>
>>61900826
I assume you never use a piano roll for 12-EDO either, right?
>>
i have no reason to switch from logic x. great interface and built in synths
>>
Garageband
>>
>>61900660
>implying this is unacheivable in even fl studio

you just aren't even trying
>>
File: Abletion.png (9 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
Abletion.png
9 KB, 468x468
>>
>>61902052
>inb4 i'm at a loss for words
>>
Ableton works best for me so I'll say that
>>
i don't produce electronic music like you uncultured jelly donuts so I prefer Reaper, it has everything I need, with a very simple/no bullshit interface.
>>
Does anyone use Logic X? Is it any good?
>>
>>61900361
recording audio/working with WAV/mastering - pro tools
performing live - ableton
writing midi - logic/ableton
>>
>>61901274
Faking microtonality on a 12-EDO piano roll is extremely uncomfortable and ass-backwards.

But no, instead of letting the user configure arbitrary tuning systems, they'd rather introduce a ton of superficial "effects" garbage so the unwashed masses can "produce" their "dubstep" and memerap.
>>
>>61902356
yeah its great just buy it and start making music asap
>>
>>61902880
You sound like you're just trying to whine about "GRR DUBSTEP ISN'T ORIGINAL" instead of trying to actually accomplish anything

For fuck's sake, if you need to be a special snowflake and produce microtonal music, fucking do it. As for the people that already do it, they already do it. I'm afraid you aren't gonna solve anything by crying about a lack of a "xenharmonic piano roll" when it's unnecessary.

>uncomfortable and ass-backwards

You think you're the first person to ever conceive the idea to create music using xenharmonic tuning using a DAW?
>>
>Get proficient with Audacity
>Decide to try a big boy DAW
>Try Pro Tools and FL
>Have no fucking clue what I'm doing even after weeks of messing around and watching tutorials
Is there anything inherently wrong with Audacity if it gets the (recording) job done?
>>
>>61902880
do you actually believe the average listener will fucking know about xenharmonics and arbitrary tuning systems and make the difference between that and whatever else you delusional idiot
>>
>>61903004
if youre just recording in fl what the fuck do you not understand lol
>>
>>61903032
I'm not him, but sometimes FL fuck ups my recordings, i have to use fucking Ignite to record guitar parts.
>>
>>61902880
alchemy let's you choose custom tuning's
>>
>>61903004
>using audacity as a daw
>>
>>61900760
>how fucking long does it take to get comfortable in Ableton.

I've had it for about a year and I'm still not totally used to it.
>>
>>61902842
this but i like using pt's piano roll to write midi as well. ableton and logic can't do the full screen piano roll afaik
>>
>>61902966
>Get proficient with Audacity

As a person who just bought a DAW to get a better understanding of music and learn to make music I enjoy listening too, what's xenharmonic tuning?
>>
>>61903524
xenharmonic tuning basically a tuning with notes other than the 12 notes in a standard octave in western music. basically pitches that can't played on a piano because they would be between two keys
>>
>>61902880

There's so many plugins that let you use all sorts of custom tuning, not to mention a ton of other ways to achieve the same effect within DAWs themselves.

gonna say this is b8
>>
I use ableton live for my electronic/plugin-heavy shit. Pro Tools for my shit where microphones are involved.
>>
All DAWS are the same it just depends on preference and accessibility holy fuck ableton fags need to jump off a cliff to be quite honest
>>
>>61904171
>All DAWS are the same
>users of this specific daw need to jump off a cliff
ooo what a spicy meme :^)
>>
>>61904221
See:
>>61900719
>>61900809

I'm not saying I hate them because they use ableton. I'm saying it's the fags who are full of themselves for using ableton that produce cancerous comments like these therefore they should consider harikari
>>
>>61904352
this

also "bump"
>>
>>61902052
I was just about to post how any four panel image reminds me of this. God, this site has ruined us.
>>
>>61903650

Does it even sound good?

Seems like it would be an "acquired taste" type thing.
>>
>>61904352
Fl studio really is a barebones shit DAW to use though
>>
>>61903004
same, and I don't think so. Audacity is great.
>>
>>61905712
I 100% guarantee you're in the hack category of production somewhere inbetween ambient or drone and you just don't know how to use fl studio's basic functions and plugins.
>>
Bitwig is really great. Practically eliminates plugin delays that ableton has.
>>
File: BWS_Screenshot.jpg (180 KB, 1276x680) Image search: [Google]
BWS_Screenshot.jpg
180 KB, 1276x680
>>61906128
forgot image
>>
>>61900760
Watch SeamlessR ultimate ableton tutorial series
>>61900809
Then why do people like Feed Me use it?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.