[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This man referred to Kendrick Lamar as a "shoe spokesperson"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: patrick-stickles.png (660 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
patrick-stickles.png
660 KB, 659x659
This man referred to Kendrick Lamar as a "shoe spokesperson" and suggested that articles about Kendrick are "click biat." What do you think about that, /mu/?
>>
Genius musician, D+ troll, and I'm not even a huge Kendrick fan.
>>
>>61898792
\/\/ |-| 0
>>
>>61898792
hes the autistic version of boyd rice without the edge that made boyd rice funny. Boring as a person
>>
He's correct on a factual basis, but the underlying message of his ideas are disturbingly problematic.
>>
>>61898792
Holy shit what an ugly motherfucker.
His cat is better looking than him (no insult to the cat though).

>>61898837
>Correct
Toppest of keks.
>>
It'll make /mu/ kiddies mad, but he's right.

Kendrick Lamar sold out to Reebok and plastered that shit all over his music videos for TPAB.

Kurt Cobain or any previous artist would be crucified if he turned his music videos into Nike commercials, but Kendrick gets away with it because of poptimism and a reluctance to challange the top pop artists by mass media.

Kendrick's corporate affiliations completely betray his political message. He can talk the talk all he wants, but when he is helping rich white dudes that exploit cheap labour overseas line their pockets, he's part of the problem
>>
He's probably a little bitter because he feels his music is pretty badly overlooked, relative to how good it is. I think this is because guitar music is passe right now, while hip hop and electronic music are more mainstream than they've ever been. Realistically he's probably 60% trolling, 30% trying to drum up talk about TA by trying to beef with someone way more popular, and 10% serious.

If you think he's really serious about what he's said, go read TA's twitter for a bit and you'll realize he's mostly just taking the piss.
>>
>>61898922
nah hes not taking the piss. he means that shit
now dean blunt is taking the piss
>>
I don't give a fuck about this retarded beef but The Most Lamentable Tragedy >>>>> To Pimp A Butterfly

(in my humble opinion)
>>
>>61898953
I disagree, based on how he portrays himself whenever I've seen him speak or write. But as always, I could be totally off. And what does Dean Blunt have to do with anything?
>>
>>61898903
Absolutely wrong.
If Kurt Cobain or any previous artist did this no one would bat a fucking eyelash.

Amerifats love their cheap labor so they'd rather let people be exploited by overseas labor. Then hike up he cost of shoes for that sweet sweet profit.
>>
>>61899036
You would cry out "he's part of the problem!!!" but whenever anyone does it it's perfectly fine.

Also his "political message" is ambiguous.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
does Kendrick make his songs or is he just a rapper?
>>
>>61899005
nah I feel patrick is legit bitter on these things.
he went on a tantrum last yr when p4k and anthony panned most lament then copped out with the lel im jking shit.

dean:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQkTtUy9p14
>>
>>61899036
Are you kidding me? You clearly didn't grow up in the 90s.

Nirvana endorsing Nike would be career suicide.
>>
>>61899157
I did actually.
And people would still scream "Cobain sold out!!!!!!" and he'd still have supportive fans.
>>
>>61898837
>this bait though
>>
>>61899242
Being born in 1995 != growing up in the 90s.

The 90s were counter-culture and anti-corporate as fuck. Take this from someone who was a teen in the 90s. I can guarantee you that if Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead or whomever endorsed a major corporation they'd be disowned by their fans.
>>
>>61899308
Wrong
>>
>>61899308
I was born in 1992.
You're still absolutely wrong, because they'd still have loyal fans despite being endorsed by a major corporation.
Also today ya got your counter cultures and anti-corporate fans and you still got edgelords saying "that doesn't work".
>>
>>61899501
>born in 1992
>90s kid

Fuck off, you were 8 at most at the end of the decade. Kill yourself.
>>
>>61899611
E D G Y
D
G
Y

Also:
After you
>>
>>61899639
nice memes in the face of logic
>>
>>61899892
>Autistic
>Proceeds to think he's being logical
Wew lad.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.