[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
According to the producer of this album, this album was influenced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Blackstar_album_cover.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Blackstar_album_cover.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
According to the producer of this album, this album was influenced by Kendrick Lamar, Boards Of Canada and Death Grips.

When funthony funtano reviewed this album, anthony haven't mentioned boards of canada as an influence, but only Death Grips and Kendrick Lamar.

Considering they are both artists he gave a 10 before, it kind of seems like he dropped some objective information about the influences of this album due to his own personal favorites.
>>
And btw i think BOC is better than both :v (even though i love Death Grips)
>>
Aren't you a furry
>>
>>61898147
1. i am not.
2. please discuss the topic of this thread thank you.
>>
>>61897986
The album wasn't influenced by Death Grips, that name was just dropped in a Bowie interview which everyone then took to mean "the album was influenced by Death Grips".
>>
>>61898158
No I swear to god you are
Saw a big whole picture of you posting weird fucked up shit on some autistic furry message board
>>
File: 1420938676398.gif (924 KB, 245x289) Image search: [Google]
1420938676398.gif
924 KB, 245x289
>>61898398
The plot thickens
>>
>>61898398

I want to know more
>>
File: fancy_people-74.jpg (26 KB, 460x310) Image search: [Google]
fancy_people-74.jpg
26 KB, 460x310
>>61898398
This is important
>>
>>61898173
I can hear it in drum patterns and those short squarewave sounds bouncing around.
>>
>>61898398
Post the pictures, it's what scruffy would want
>>
>>61898173
Technically inspired and influenced can mean the same thing, I can see where Bowie might have twisted some of DGs ideas for songs like Sue or some of Lazarus, but it is a bit of a stretch to link them musically. If you, however, view Kendrick's latest album and DG in general, they both projected an image of not caring about radio play in the slightest similar to Blackstar.
>>
>>61897986
>According to the producer of this album, this album was influenced by Kendrick Lamar, Boards Of Canada and Death Grips.
Makes sense, it's a great album.
>>
crazyaga is still around?

anybody have that screencap of when he said we were all math equations in an attempt to be deep?
>>
>>61898569
>death grips does something all kinds of other artists do
>death grips are the progenitors!
>>
>>61898519
Years ago, i don't remember exactly how many years but i was still a young teen back then, i thought for few days, maybe 3, that it would be fun to be furry. so i entered a furry website and made a post there. i dropped the idea very quickly because i realized it's not really for me.

I was never literally a furry. the fact some people in /mu/ call me like that is just a lie.

>>61898173
In what context did he mention death grips then, if not to cite their influence over the album?
>>
>>61898622
>thinks that is at all what he was implying.

You really need to stop projecting.
>>
>>61898623
Just don't use a trip

Problem solved
>>
>>61898623
He said he was listening to them while in development. Along with Kendrick. But all of this is second hand information.
>>
>>61898623
I highly doubt that, you are easily /mu/'s most autistic trip
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.