[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking anything besides the white album is the best Beatles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: white.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
white.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
Thinking anything besides the white album is the best Beatles album is genuinely embarrassing. I think that the Beatles are honestly an overblown meme, but the white album stands above everything else they've ever done. Its a beautiful and transcendent embodiment of the human spirit. It might just be the most perfect musical work front to back ever. To me, the fact that its white means that it is supposed to serve as an object on which to project your psyche. It feels so haunted. Whenever I listen to it, especially on acid, I feel what everyone else who has listened to it before me has.

PS, Back in the USSR is the worst song on it
>>
dear prudence is best track
>>
>>61894266
Revolver > White Album
>>
Ram is the best Beatles album
>>
>>61894295
I'm so torn
I think just based on principle I have to go with while my guitar gently weeps

other than that, i love cry baby cry, dear prudence, happiness is a warm gun, im so tired, blackbird, rocky raccoon, dont pass me by, i will, julia, mother nature's son, sexy sadie, longlonglong,

there just too many amazing fucking tracks
>>
>>61894319
its a distant second tied with mystery tour

>>61894328
plastic ono band (the john version)>ram>any other solo release
>>
>>61894266
This is probably bait, but ill bite.

The notion that the white album is the best Beatles album is extremely retarded for several reasons

>you realize that by this album the fab four were all recording in separate studios and that most of the songs are basically solo career stuff?

>they had just heard jimi hendrix for the first time and tried to capture the magic with some very outdated and crap sounding distortion effects (revolution, helter skelter for example)

>theres so much filler because everyone egos were rediculously huge at this point, meaning songs like "Piggies" and "good night" and "revolution 9" end up shitting up the album big time

Seriously, Revolver, Pepper, Abbey Road, even Rubber fucking Soul are all ten million times better than Ego Trip: The Album
>>
>>61894409
m8 u r smokin crack
>>
>>61894436
you couldnt be wronger

why wouldnt you want music with more ego, that is therefore more personal

every other beatles album is a meme
>>
>>61894475
>more ego = more personal
I don't think you understand what ego is
>>
>>61894513
more ego, more confident u r, more free you feel to be ur unadulterated self
>>
>>61894596
yeah you don't understand what ego is
>>
>>61894658
no u
>>
>>61894475
>>61894596

Let me explain why this is stupid as fuck:

Go listen to Roscoe Mitchell's album Sound, title track. Go ahead, ill wait.

This album is free jazz, which represents the absolute peak of ego driven music (the artist does not conform to our expectation about harmony, melody, or beat. Makes for some pretty annoying music right?
>>
>>61894670
nope
>>
>>61894714
jazz isnt music its nigger wank, you're taking my theory to the extreme. clearly the beatles had an understanding of melody and aimed for such
>>
>>61894748
This dumbass just literally admitted that his theory doesnt extend into extremes, which kind of makes your theory wrong dude...
What if the theory of gravity didnt apply at extremes, then we wouldnt have a solar system
>>
>>61894748
ALSO while im on a roll here what about John Lennons retarded avant garde trash with Yoko Ono?

Ego music at its best

Also youre a filthy pleb who cant even into trolling stupid opinions
>>
>>61894266
Talk to me when you've heard The White Album in mono, otherwise you're a pleb, and a meme!
>>
Ob La Di Ob La Da automatically makes it the worst album ever.
>>
>>61894266
>>
Best song is Helter Skelter, worst is Revolution 9.
>>
Dear Prudence is the best song on the album and maybe my overall favorite beatles song. I love that bass simple bass line and that beautiful guitar. Beautiful piece of music
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.