[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Before Kanye came up, mainstream rap was run exclusively for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Before Kanye came up, mainstream rap was run exclusively for faster rap from people from the ghetto. He was the first middle class rap star, and he spoke about issues that people from outside the ghetto could relate. Suddenly it was ok to talk about stuff other than gangsta shit. A couple of years later, he released 808's & Heartbreak, an album more melodic than anything else hitting mainstream, with very minimal and overall sad feeling. Most rap fans agree that Drake wouldn't have had that big of a hit if 808's didn't paved the way.
Honestly you can see Kanye's influence in almost every current big name: Kendrick, Cole, Joey, Krit, Chance... all were Kanye fans before they became successful, each getting more influence from one of Kanye's styles.
TL;DR: show it was ok to be middle class and emotional.
>>
>Show that it was ok to be middleclass and emotional as a Black hiphop artist.
FTFY.

White artists were doing that schtick awhile before, especially Weezer.
>>
>>61893840
>the context of the entire rest of the post evaporated when I got to the last line so I felt like I had to fix something
>>
>>61893744
>tl;dr kanye made mainstream rap slightly more intelligent and accessible to white people
>>
People underestimate how significant of a change Kanye ushered into hip-hop. Too bad his ego got a hold of his artistry.
>>
>>61893873
No, I got that but your TL;DR and your post draw similar but ultimately different conclusions that may be inaccurate.
>>
>>61893744
run-dmc was middle class tho
>>
>>61893934
>context? what is context
>>
File: 1360701121397.png (79 KB, 679x589) Image search: [Google]
1360701121397.png
79 KB, 679x589
>>61894027
>Doesnt understand the point of a TL;DR
>Wants us to read the entire post to understand a TL;DR fully.
>>
>>61894076
>autism
>>
>>61894106
Nah man, people agree with your point and wanted to help you with your TL;DR that was honestly bad and fucked up.
Then you get all hufflepuff about people not applying context to your TL;DR, which the entire purpose of TL;DR is to get an understanding of what you're saying without context.

TL;DR
you're the one with autism
>>
>>61893744
>Kanye taught middle class people that it was okay to be an untalented rapper like him
Thanks Kanye, so influential
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Gpgm-ma18
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.