[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it suddenly hip to hate the doors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1200
Why is it suddenly hip to hate the doors?
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 137x107) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 137x107
>Enemies can open doors
>>
>people must like what i like or me waaaahh waaaaah

kill yourself
>>
because only old grandpas and grannys listen to the doors lol they so old i bet they fart dust lmao listen to some real nigga music with meanings n shiet like kendrick n fetty wap
>>
>>61890974
I don't care if it's hip or not, I've never liked the Doors and think they're one of the most pussy overrated rock bands ever. I usually keep this opinion to myself though because I know so many Doors fans
>>
>>61891052
nah OP is right, it's definitely become more hip to hate the Doors
(not on /mu/, just in general)
i'm not sure why....i would think at the very least that their debut is pretty unfuckwithable

i think it probably has to do with the movies that were made about them, definitely with how seriously Jim Morrison took himself, and maybe they were critically overrated for a while and you're still seeing backlash from that

also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0
>>
doors are pretty generic. also ive personally thought Morrison was a cunt for years based on stories people tell about him.
>>
I love The Doors. Mind expanding psychedelic poetry sung by s crooner on pat with Sinatra. Throw in Manzerek's keys, Densmore's drums and Kroger's guitar, it's the whole package w/ swagger baby.

Favorite album: Waiting for the Sun
>>
>>61891263
*krieger
Why does my phone think it's smarter than me?
>>
Of all creative bands in the history of rock music, the Doors may have been the most creative. Their first album contains only masterpieces and remains virtually unmatched. Jim Morrison may well be the single most important rock frontman. He is the one who defined the rock vocalist as an artist, not just a singer. Ray Manzaker's style at the keyboards was at the vanguard of the fusion of classical, jazz, soul and rock music. The virulence of some of their riffs bridged the blues-rock era and the hard-rock era. Whether it was him, Krieger or Manzarek or all of them, their songs have a unique quality that has never been repeated. They are metaphysical while being psychological and while being physical (eroticand violent). They are the closest thing rock music has produced to William Shakespeare.
>>
>>61891284
because it's a smart phone
>>
>>61891219
>doors are pretty generic
How are The Doors generic? They're one of the most unique popular bands of the 60's and 70's.
>>
>>61891308
Of course.
>>
P4k panned them
>>
>>61891368
not a huge fan of the vocal work from morrison he sounds a bit like erik burdon mixed with Mick Jagger. Also i always kinda found the instrumentation a bit lame really. Keyboard work from manzaker is solid tho. Plusseeing so many faggots wearing doors shirts and knowing like 2 songs sorta left me with a sour taste with the band after like 5 years. in NA at least
>>
>>61891406
That just makes me like them more.

They hate anything white with virile penile energy.
>>
>>61891765
>They hate anything white with virile penile energy.
How come they overrate hip hop, then?
>>
>>61891803
Can you not reading comprehension?
>>
>>61891130
Holy shit, are you me
>>
They've been one of my favorite bands since I was a kid but they're still definitely not the best. I can see why a lot of people don't like them, especially with how overrated and glorified they became
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.