[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Great Britain so much better at making music than the US
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
Why is Great Britain so much better at making music than the US
>>
Maybe if it was 1970. But as of now, they are on par with Australia. America and Canada are the best tbqfhwyrn F A M
>>
Lol what quality music has that shithole produced again?
>>
because americans are retarded
>>
>>61889979
Bowie was so retarded that he died. Check and mate, m8
>>
>>61889992

ok you win
>>
they haven't been in years
>>
I can't think of any current, relevant British acts that I like. And I'm from the shithole. We haven't been good since the 90s.
>>
>>61889879
Other than maybe dubstep (which is an imitation of Jamaican popular music), Britain has NEVER independently produced a genre of popular music that wasn't an imitation of American popular music. You cannot prove me wrong; every single major British popular musician is famous for performing AMERICAN music. They are one of the least original countries on the planet when it comes to music.
>>
>>61890206
Dubstep is trash
>>
ITT: We pretend it's 1965.
>>
when was the last time they were even relevant?
Everything interesting in music right now is american, electronic music, rap, rock, folk, r&b, pop.

What have the brits made lately?
One direction and adele?

lol

Okay now america, animal collective, kanye, the weekend, taylor swift, mgmt, vampire weekend, sufjan stevens, neutral milk hotel, drake,kendrick lamar, ariel pink, deerhunter, lcd soundsystem.

and thats just the people i can think of right now
>>
>>61890424
Almost
>>
File: Lauren47.jpg (116 KB, 1000x515) Image search: [Google]
Lauren47.jpg
116 KB, 1000x515
>>61890424

lauren and the churches :3
>>
>>61890206
>what is grime rudeboi
>>
>>61890206
jungle/drum and bass
>>
>>61890222
Kek'd and chek'd
>>
>>61890763
>grime
>not just neutered American hip hop with goofy accents
Try again
>>
>>61890780
its pretty funny how america took over electronic music too, that used to be the euro domain, now we have faggots like skrilliex and then we invented vaporwave, chillwave, whitchhouse, seapunk.
>>
File: 1346193104984.jpg (74 KB, 708x787) Image search: [Google]
1346193104984.jpg
74 KB, 708x787
>>61890904

>seapunk
>>
The Clash, Jimi Hendrix, Cream... Just a few.
>>
>>61890904
You didn't invent anything though. Except a new smell perhaps.
>>
T O M W A I T S
>>
>>61890424
>neutral milk hotel
>lcd soundsystem
>mgmt
>relevant

>drake
He's not even American, you dork. Also why does your list of "relevant" American musicians look like it was edited by a Pitchfork columnist?
>>
>>61890424
If that's all you've discovered you're not much of a music lover.
>>
we have infintely better hiphop, jazz, blues, pop, dare i say we even have better punk.

Burial is pretty great though. Europe in general has great electronic.
>>
I will make the case for whatever that particular strain of British West Indies/Jamaican/UK Black is that's given us everyone from Massive Attack to Dean Blunt. In America, slave music became the blues and then rock n' roll. In Britain, it was something else entirely.
>>
>>61890206
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>61890206
Trip hop
>>
File: GRIME_FAM.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GRIME_FAM.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>61890424
Pic related
>>
>>61891482
>hiphop
>>
>>61889879
It's all in the fish and chips m8. Gotta get that batter just right.
>>
>>61890871
I think you are a bit cooked. It's definitely better than the shitty traprap Americans put up. Roadrap ain't grime.
>>
>>61893964
Lol you chose the biggest shit stain of the grime scene

You would be better using skepta

You fucking pagan
>>
Saying "Think of all the great music to come out of the UK" is like saying "Think of all the great music to come out of Wyoming". The UK is tiny so the amount of great stuff is massive.
>>
literally all /mu/core is British
>>
>>61894799

don't forget the mushy peas
>>
>>61895931
shut up blud
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.