[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is easily their best album, why do a lot of daft punk fans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Random_Access_Memories.jpg (21 KB, 329x329) Image search: [Google]
Random_Access_Memories.jpg
21 KB, 329x329
This is easily their best album, why do a lot of daft punk fans disregard it?
>>
Often you'll find that long-time fans hate the newest album, especially if there's a drastic change in sound or style.
>>
>>61886612
Last thread I saw about it on /mu/ there was hardly anything but praise for it. But to answer your question it's not totally electronic.
>>
it's kinda tryhard. They got a bunch of famous disco artists, and just made stuff that hasn't been made since the 70s/80s and kids went apeshit because they hadn't heard it before, and it was Daft Punk.
>>
There's cheesy in a good way, and cheesy in a ear raping shit kind of way. That was the latter.

Nice production though.
>>
Devil quads nigga
>>
>>61886638
>tryhard
wew lad
>>
>>61886637

i think the fact its not solely electronic is a nod to the evolultion of the duo. i do like their pure electronic stuff but it is a bit repetitive, that aerodynamic song is god awful and monotonous.
>>
MY NAME IS
GIOVANNI GIORGIO
BUT EVERYBODY
CALLS ME
GIORGIO
>>
>>61886681
>Aerodynamic is bad

O i am laffin
>>
Personally I prefer Alive 2007 and Tron Re-Configured (featuring remixes by the likes of Com Truise and Glitch Mob) but it's still a great album.
>>
>>61886681
Anon you replied to here, I agree with you, but I'm a big fan of all their work. Also
>Aerodynamic
>god awful
l m a o
>>
>>61886760

its that guitar soudning bit in the middle mainly, it makes my ears bleed.
>>
>>61886729
Kind of unrelated, but do Glitch Mob have any albums actually worth checking out?
>>
>>61886781
that part makes the song fag. Stop being such a pussy it's not even noisy, what the hell.
>>
>>61886807

its not the loudness of it, its fucking annoying.
>>
>>61886814
bad taste
>>
File: 2016-01-20-09-51-45-1942283351.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20-09-51-45-1942283351.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Tbh this is the first ive seen anybody hate on RAM
Really, more daft punk fans dislike human after all (speaking as a dp fan that does)
>>
I personally didn't like it because it gets kinda boring in the middle, and Panda Bear's cameo was a talent that was wasted.

Also there is this faggot I go to school with who only likes it because it's robot music. Fuck that guy
>>
>>61887191
I don't dislike Human After All, it's good, but it's without a doubt their worst album. I feel like RAM is almost on par with Homework and Discovery, but that's just, like, my opinion man.
>>
>>61886785
I liked their first album in Highschool and my pleb roommate likes them, so no, there are no good albums to check out.
>>
>>61887240
I thought the Panda Bear song was really good, one of my favorites from the album even
>>
>>61887260
I'll agree that it was good, however, I just think he could have done so much more.
>>
>>61886638
>tryhard
literal buzzword
>got a bunch of famous disco artists
you mean like
>Panda Bear
>Julian Casablancas
>Pharrell
>>
>>61887319
/thread
>>
>>61887260
DOIN' IT RIGHT
EVERYBODY IS DANCING AND WE'LL BE FEELING IT RIGHT
>>
They could have left 2 or 3 songs off it honestly desu senpai. Within and Instant Crush don't really do much for me imo, and Lose yourself to dance could be at least 1:30 shorter. Otherwise I'd say it's an enjoyable album.
>>
File: daft-punk-le-knight-club.jpg (214 KB, 1200x1025) Image search: [Google]
daft-punk-le-knight-club.jpg
214 KB, 1200x1025
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHYDFc4Rck

My favorite track was left off.

Why?
>>
File: 1449915218942.jpg (124 KB, 1280x690) Image search: [Google]
1449915218942.jpg
124 KB, 1280x690
>>61886612
Listen to the criticism of The Dark Side of The Moon, ''Oh it's boring lmao why people like this ?'' You will find that the praise of TDOTM not only relies on its themes but the quality of how it was produced and recorded. The same applies here excpet it sounded different even though the aim/message of RAM it's literally on it's first track. ''Give Life Back To Music'' All that Daft Punk was trying to say stop taking away the core of what music sounds like with shit recording and production techniques. RAM was recorded and produced with care and technique. The instruments have space and air, the synths mix perfectly, old daft punk vocals, funky vibes here and there. It's a damn good produced album that gets its message delivered perfectly. I fucking love and will continue to love RAM for delivering quality.
>MFW Listening to The Game of Love
>>
>>61888057
seems like the pose of heroes was definitely popular.
>>
>>61888926
where is this from
>>
>>61888057
that chord progression is a bit overused on the album as is, don't you think?
>>
>>61886681
>aerodynamic is bad
oh hohoho
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.