[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /mu/ opinion on the music produced by Yasutaka Nakata
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: kyary_yasutaka.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
kyary_yasutaka.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
What is /mu/ opinion on the music produced by Yasutaka Nakata (Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Perfume, Capsule etc.)
>>
Haven't heard her other work, but Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is way better than American pop.

And I don't even post on /a/.
>>
>>61885115
Beautiful and electronic.
>>
>>61885947
Nakata is the producer, baka
>>
I love him but he's been going downhill. Kyary's music is stale now, her sales have been going down and there's clearly less interest, she needs a new producer to freshen things up. I hope the new Perfume album doesn't have too many already released singles, I want new stuff, even though he's been hit and miss with them lately. I like his stuff for Mito Natsume, so there's still hope.
>>
>>61885115
Only heard his stuff with Kyary and Perfume.
Really like it.
>>
>>61885980
Listen to Capsule right now before I slice your throat open.
>>
He sucks now. GAME and PLAYER were GOAT tho
>>
>>61885978
Yes his Mito Natsume work is reason for optimism. I hated the fact he went full EDM on the last Capsule project. Even more so since a lot of the tracks had some real Capsule like melodies on them (only to be destroyed by a drop). I'm from the Netherlands which is pretty much the HQ for EDM so that might play a role.

Hope he goes back to a more eclectic shibuya-kei style with Capsule one day. I'm sure people will still like it.

Other than that he is still a god. I watched that interview with his personal rules again the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WMyjU5RweU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaA_C4s8XJo
>>
fuck this chinaman bullshit
>>
File: meg r.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
meg r.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
>>61886517
Also I have to add that despite I have listened to pretty much all of his work I haven't checked out much of his stuff with MEG. And I 've heard people say that's some of his best work. What's a good album to start with? MEG is pretty hard to come by (used to have a what account but not anymore)
>>
>>61885115
Fucking genius t b h.

Blows almost every single pop producer from the US and the UK out of the water easily.
>>
>you will never get drunk with KPP
>>
Love his work with Perfume, the first few Kyary albums/EPs and Nagisa Cosmetic. The first 10 albums or so from Capsule will never be topped imo.

Unless he pulls some crazy move. He always seemed to be ahead of everybody else producing until recently when it seems like he's stuck making pretty standard EDM.
>>
I think he is pretty good, Kyary, Perfume and older Capsule are good electropop. Prefer him to Livetune but prefer Terukado Onishi, who produced Aria Mitsuki and Saori@destiny, to him.
>>
>>61886600

Beautiful and Maverick are my favourites. But honestly she's way better without him, Continue is amazing.
>>
old perfume was babby's first jpop back then but it actually really opened my eyes for electronic pop
>>
>>61886803
Onishi's production for both those artists was pretty great. Have you listened to any KOTO? Produced by Sasaki or whatever the guy from Recoride is called.
>>
>>61886957
>>61886854
meant for that post
>>
>>61886957
I actually haven't, but this thread reminded me that I need to get further down the rabbit hole with Japanese producers. I also like the production behind BiS and Especia.
>>
File: TokiAsako.jpg (44 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
TokiAsako.jpg
44 KB, 1200x630
This remix <3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PKPRw80SY

muh dick
>>
>>61885115
capsule > perfume > kpp
>>
>>61887126
this
>>
File: 135823679572.gif (39 KB, 450x303) Image search: [Google]
135823679572.gif
39 KB, 450x303
>>61886859
thanks I'll check those out.

Also concerning Perfume. I thought they've been releasing some good stuff in the last two years. Only odd one out is Star Train. The whole song just feels off and the singing is a bit bad in parts. I saw a live performance and it sounded much better than the actual single, that can't have been the idea right.
>>
File: 134211452944.gif (486 KB, 200x218) Image search: [Google]
134211452944.gif
486 KB, 200x218
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.