[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about how this genius is indirectly responsible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Eno.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Eno.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1280
Let's talk about how this genius is indirectly responsible for every /mu/core album
>>
>>61878338
is that john locke
>>
Well, he couldn't possibly have caused ITCOTCK, since it came out before he had a career.
>>
>>61878338
what is /mu/core these days?
anyway yeah he literally worked on Remain in Light
>>
>>61878338
I wonder how would /mu/ react when he dies
>>
>Eno was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His close friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped him sign to Elektra Records, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Eno, I'm Jewish,' and he was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' He had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior." According to Fields, Brian Eno once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Eno performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations.
>>
>>61878417
and yet nothing about that speaks about his music, fuck off
>>
>>61878409
>literally who?
>>
>>61878338
How is he responsible for NMH?
>>
>>61878417
>trusting Danny "the fib" Fields
baka baka
>>
music is 90% Eno
>>
>>61878454
The monkees did some avant garde/noise esk stuff in there early albums that influenced much of that scene
>>
>>61878513
Like what?
>>
>>61878438
>believing that

It's actually about Jeff Mangum

>Mangum was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His close friend William Cullen Hart, the American musician who helped him found the Elephant 6 Collective, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Jeff, Anne Frank is Jewish,' and he was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean her.' He had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior." According to Hart, Jeff Mangum once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed camera, saying "Are you recording me?". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Mangum performed a song from the album "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea", which alluded to his desire to stain with semen a Holocaust victim who passed in 1945.
>>
I've honestly never listened to anything he's done on his own. What's recommended?
>>
>>61878571
lol if Will Hart had actually said that, it would have been
>"Everrryy ooooonce innnd gjfkdfoed fdjazlejf;zodmf sdlkfjs dlmfasldkjflskd dsfojs dlfasdfjl..."
>makes bird sound
>>
Too bad he's making albums for U2 now
>>
>>61878595
Another Green World or Ambient 1 or 4
>>
>>61878399
This

We haven't added to the essentials chart in forever
>>
File: Jeff2.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Jeff2.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>61878571
>Jeff Mangum once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed camera, saying "Are you recording me?".
>>
>>61878670
new thread time?
>>
>>61878338
>Eno
>any influence on Nick Drake
no
>>
>>61878376
No. It's Rick from Pawn Stars.
>>
>>61878513
do you have a single fact to back that up because i might be interested in listening to some of that music
>>
File: crying.gif (2 MB, 520x213) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
2 MB, 520x213
>>61878338
Thank you based eno.

One of my tracks I listen to atleast once every single day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9h2o-rc4m4

And if it wasn't for An ending Ascent I would have never heard this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OVvJOeUdUs

I can't express enough how thankful I am
>>
>>61878827
Not him (and he's wrong anyways) but The Monkees were great. You should give it a listen if you like 60s sunshine pop.
>>
>>61878595
If you like weirdo rock and roll, Here Come the Warm Jets. If you like new-wavey stuff, Before and After Science. If you hate yourself, Another Green World.

Also all of his ambient is great.
>>
>>61878571
It was about Nico
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nico#Racism
>>
>>61878827
Yes
>>
>>61879008
go on
>>
>>61878649
>>61878925
Thanks Anons
>>
>>61879027
Check it out

>Head quarters
>More of the Monkees
>>
>>61879128
neither are noise or avant garde
why do you lie anon
>>
>>61878376
No, it's professor X
>>
>>61878417
lmao
>>
anyone have a pic of him before his hairline was receding
>>
File: 415-ZDopaZL.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
415-ZDopaZL.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
>>61878338

but this album isn't /mu/core
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.