[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rather repugnant is Blackstar (2015), an effort put together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 640x428
Rather repugnant is Blackstar (2015), an effort put together as a melodramatic swan song ala Innuendo. These moments of superficial death themes are actually entertaining and hilarious jibs, as if the corpse rock star wanted to provide his own post-modernist critical commentary on the pop (emphasis on pop) art he belongs to. Alas, most of the songs are unlistenable, beyond disposable. Very few people would have listened to this album if it had been done by a lesser known singer-songwriter; let alone reviewed it. It is especially Visconti who disappoints. Bowie's sound was largely Visconti's (or Eno's). Without that sound, Bowie forever remains a second-rate vocalist singing second-rate pop for a second-rate audience.

Bowie used to be "style" for the sake of style, and he was briefly a real musician (no, not the collaborations with Brian Eno, but the mid 1990s). Now he seems after the ultimate definition of bad taste (using his mortality to promote a product) while explaining what an incompetent musician he is. One of the most over-rated artists of his generation, David Bowie could have spared himself the embarrassing prophecy of "Never Get Old": as a matter of fact, he was born old.
>>
should i even check if this is real or not
>>
>>61871153
It's not.
>>
>>61871110
>as a matter of fact, he was born old.

lol
>>
>>61871153
it's legit, it comes from a site called sheekyforums

apparently 4chan steals a lot of comments from sheekyforum posters, if you take a look a lot of threads are very similar

http://sheekyforums.com/thread/61674147/music/bowie-eternall-for-the-rest-of-time-btfo-by.html
>>
>>61871250
Why did you steal this comment?
>>
>>61871250
damn...
>>
>>61871110
Still, we all know that his review is going to be similar to this, right?
I'm he's gonna pan Blackstar as hard as he can.
>>
It's fake
>>
>>61871110
Is that Bowie or Scaruffi on the bed?
>>
>>61871378
your boy piero
>>
>>61871110
I have a friend who runs a record store in SC and apparently Sony seriously dropped the ball on the repress.
What's happening is the album will be reissued with new art and potentially other bonus material.
>>
>>61871799
Does Sony ever not ruin something
>>
>>61871250
I wonder what would happen if you posted a thread there.
>>
>>61872001
Good point.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.