[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://scallemang.ca/bowie25albums/ Do you like Bowie's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: BTWN.jpg (27 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
BTWN.jpg
27 KB, 400x393
http://scallemang.ca/bowie25albums/

Do you like Bowie's taste /mu/?
>>
With this taste I'm sure hell be fine.
>>
>nothing newer than 1982

Literally dadcore.
>>
>the incredible string band

sigh
>>
>>61870298
it's alright
>>
>>61871146
>http://scallemang.ca/bowie25albums/
it talks about him having to get them on cd. this list probably came out in the 80s. partch, wyatt, reich, branca

his taste is better than i expected from the king of normies
>>
Here's some more of what he listened to http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2010/jan/24/david-bowie-on-his-ipod
>>
>>61871419
He talks about Nirvana... Also the fuckin top of the article states: 2013.
>>
File: Capture.png (25 KB, 964x396) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25 KB, 964x396
>>61871161
What rational reason do you have for your ISB hate?
>>
>>61871161
?
>>
>>61871468
just a shite pentangle
>>
>>61871545
Pathetic.
>>
>>61871468
imagine being this insecure
>>
>>61870298
>http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2010/jan/24/david-bowie-on-his-ipod
>>61871462
shame his taste for art music never (or at least rarely) showed in his own work. robert wyatt i hear charismatic black guys like gil scott heron i see. branca? bryars? adams? reich? nope
>>
>>61871419
>>61871467

The list is from 2006, but I've never seen the top paragraphs before, don't know where they come from, this is from the original article:

"It seems to me that the hardest part of collecting sounds, in whatever format, is, after a few years, deciding which ones to keep and which ones to give away. I can't ever make those decisions so I therefore never get rid of anything. I no longer live in my house as there's no room left between the boxes of CDs, 45s, cassettes, and of course my vinyl albums, for me to get on with other life matters. Sounds won.

To be brief and to the point, I've often been asked for some of my first faves, most from many years ago (the discs not the requests) but these very special vinyls had a particular telling effect on how I would collect and listen to music in the years to come. This is an old list and has been around a bit but you may not have seen it so it gives me great pleasure to re-represent it one mo' time. Here are 25 to start with. I may do another 25 to keep a pattern going if you like. Enjoy."
>>
>>61871545
not wrong. there are many better isb-like bands. wouldnt really listen to them but cant consider them THAT bad. 5/10 stuff from them. catchy accessible billboard charting versions of much better 60s/70s folk rock
>>
>>61871588
i just dont like and think that nobody would care about them if it wasnt for the artwork of spirits or the layers of the onion

>>61871583
y
>>
>>61871689
But Hangman's Beautiful Daughter is the more well known and critically revered album.
>>
>>61871161
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>61870298
taste itt
>>
>>61871740
and has the best artwork by miles...
>>
>>61870298
Fucking pleb.
>>
>tom dissivelt & kid baltan
>the fugs
>tvu & nico

only albums i've heard
pretty patrish

are any of the others worth checking out?
>>
He thinks Wyatt's Shipbuilding is better than the Costello/Baker version. Weak shit.
>>
>the fugs
:DDDDD
>>
>>61872005
You know Kid Baltan but you never heard of Wyatt, Reich and Branca ? The fuck ?
>>
>>61872005
Why don't you listen to them on youtube as you're going through? I got 9 albums out of the whole thing, and there were 3 that I already knew. That's a really high concentration of enjoyable albums for me.
>>
>>61872005
The Toots album is a classic.
>>
>>61870298
He has virtually impeccable taste. I can't fault him for a single choice, they're all unique picks from a guy passionate and knowledgeable about music, and they all represent him in some form or another. This is a much better list than his 100 favorite books.
>>
File: spork.png (262 KB, 516x397) Image search: [Google]
spork.png
262 KB, 516x397
>>
>>61872094
I mean i've heard of them, but not a big fan
>>61872154
it doesnt work for me on that website
>>61872158
ty
>>
>the fugs

:DDD
>>
>>61872303
>it doesnt work for me on that website
just look them up
Seriously I don't know how you can resist listening to them
>>
>>61872222
nice quads
>>
>he's a sydfag
>>
>>61872587
It's forgivable because he was actually alive at the time Syd was relevant.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.