[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We have to do informative speeches in my English class. Would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 416JLtjeA-L.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
416JLtjeA-L.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
We have to do informative speeches in my English class. Would it be too pretentious if I did it about krautrock? What would be another option? I want to do something music related but I don't want to be "that guy"
>>
it's a pretty big subject and most people dont know about it, should b fine

what level of education is it?
>>
>>61869474
high school
>>
>>61869594
then go4it, nobody gives a shit in high school anyway
>>
>>61869676
ok, thanks for the advice
>>
>>61869594
Aside from being pinned as a fucking loser and nobody caring about what you're saying, it'll be fine. I mean, realistically, what are you expecting from high schoolers? The teacher is just gonna think you're a faggot but follow your dreams, man. Even if you get bullied afterwards.
>>
>>61869594
do it, might make new friends OP :^)
>>
No one's actually going to pay attention to your speech, so it's ok
Kind of autistic but it's not like you're giving a speech on Touhou or whatever
>>
>>61869920
This
>>
Yeah that would definitely be a reasonable topic I'd say.
>>
>>61869329
You sound like an insecure faggot.
>>
>>61869594

Go for it man fuck 'em. Like some other guy said, though with the shitposting face, you might make friends.
>>
>>61869329
For my last year of highschool I did a speech on Free Jazz and related it to avant garde classical and rock.
>tfw my teacher told me to stop mentioning musicians because they wouldn't know any anyways
>>
>>61870020
>here's all the most famous free jazz musicians
>...
>thank you for listening to my presentation
>>
>>61869594
You'll probably get made fun of and bullied, kid
>>
>>61869811
>>61869848
>>61869920
>>61870191
If this is a bad idea then what is something better I could do that wouldn't be as autistic?
>>
>>61870323
For an informative speech pick a topic that isn't as subjective as music. Even if you're spouting facts if they don't like or know the artists then they won't care. Imagine someone trying to tell you about Selena Gomez' entire recording history.
>>
>>61870323
It's not a bad idea. Just don't expect anyone to really care, because not too many high schoolers know or care about music that is underground.

It wouldn't necessarily be autistic, but it would just seem nerdy, for lack of a better term. The only way to make it less autistic would be to do something high schoolers cared about, and that's pretty boring and bland. Just go for it. There's no use in wasting your time for other people. If it interests you, do it.
>>
>>61870476
>The only way to make it less autistic

Nah, you just gotta be a damn good presenter/have a deep voice that gets people engrossed. Helps to be funny

t. someone who is good at presenting shit.
>>
>>61870422
>>
>>61870510
He browses 4chan's /mu/ board. I assumed he didn't have those qualities by default. LOL
>>
>>61870551
LOL
>>
>>61870323
it won't come off as autistic as long as you aren't being autistic. people like it when others are knowledgeable about something, just don't be like those kids do an anime presentation, lol.

and it's not like neu is ultra-weird or anything (but they probably won't like it much)
>>
Are you popular? Then do it and you'll be fine and no one will care.

Are you a loser? Then do it and you'll just reinforce peoples' negative opinions of you that they already have.
>>
just do it, it will be better than the alternatives
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.