[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POUR SOME SUGAR ON MEEEEE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
POUR SOME SUGAR ON MEEEEE
>>
>>61868760
He'll have the bees after him.
>>
I DON'T WANT YOUR PHOTOOOOOOGRAAAAAAAAAAAPH
>>
That was a good NWOBM act before they sold out to Amerifats.
>>
File: xgau.png (107 KB, 1559x791) Image search: [Google]
xgau.png
107 KB, 1559x791
>>
>>61868760
One of the worst bands of all time
>>
>>61869320
Nah, Puddle of Mudd is worse.
>>
>>61869320
Nope
Hysteria is a god-tier pop album
>>
>>61869320
wrong
so fucking wrong

Hysteria is great
>>
>>61869320
I blame it more on Mutt Lange the douchenozzle who singlehandedly invented that horrible laboratory-slick hair metal production.
>>
https://youtu.be/Vkh8WL2-4xA?t=5m4s

Those Mutt Lange backing vocals tho...
>>
>>61869247
I almost died laughing at these reviews. 9/10
>>
>>61869713
5:04
>>
"We're the Led Zeppelin of the 80s."

Uh, Joe. How do I break this to you...
>>
>>61869379
And Justin Bieber.
>>
Pretty much everything disliked about 80s music all rolled into one band.
>>
Def Leppard got lumped in with the Los Angeles fag metal scene even though they weren't all that. Come on, they were British and they didn't wear spandex and makeup anyway.
>>
>>61868873
Read the lyrics to this song and tell me if he does or doesn't want the photograph...it makes no sense
>>
And then came Slang, one of the many embarrassing attempts by 80s glam rock groups to convert to grunge.
>>
>>61870267
Around 1993 all the hair bands bands panicked to find a different sound which resulted in Slang, Warrant's Ultraphobia, KISS' Carnival Of Souls, and that one Motley Crue album with the pig heads.

Truly embarrassing
>>
>>61870518
>Around 1993 all the hair bands bands panicked to find a different sound which resulted in Slang, Warrant's Ultraphobia, KISS' Carnival Of Souls, and that one Motley Crue album with the pig heads.

Actually MC first tried an alternative rock sound on the S/T which predates Generation Swine by three years.

And don't forget Poison's Native Tongue.
>>
>>61870598
>>61870518
Metallica - Load (to a certain extent)
>>
>>61870267
>>61870518
>>61870598
All of those albums were pretty laughable and they sold around 5 copies (each of the band members' moms bought one).
>>
>>61870222
I think what he's saying is that he doesn't care about her photograph because what he truly wants is her actual presence.
>>
There's a story that one of those hair metal guys (forget the group) went into the record label's offices one day to discuss their next album and he seems a huge Pearl Jam poster on the wall and was all like "Uh oh..."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOi3HcvKvbQ
>>
>>61869775
Oh well, at least his voice is still pretty good which you can't say same of Vince Neil.
>>
>>61870786
Joe's voice is pretty shit now, that last concert DVD of Hysteria in Vegas had a ton of processing on the vocals just to make it tolerable.
>>
"Videos are what killed heavy metal. The image became more important than the music. It was an awful thing especially for those of us who grew up before the video age since we were forced to do something we totally opposed in order to compete. The end result was some...thing like this (holds up a copy of Look What The Cat Dragged In). I mean, they had makeup and everything...that's not metal. And the worst part is that the real metal groups got lumped in with them. You had something that was more Bon Jovi and less Led Zeppelin."

-- Ronnie Dio
>>
>>61870986
>Look What The Cat Dragged In

Despite its reputation, that's actually a pretty fun listen because it was recorded on the cheap and has this ultra raw, lo-fi sound without any of the slicked-back 80s production.
>>
>>61870222
"i dont want your photograph, I dont need your photograph, all I got is your photograph, but is not enough"

as in the photograph isnt enough, he wants the real girl that he can touch
>>
>>61870986
He's not wrong. A lot of glam rock groups were actually very good musicians, but they were forced to adopt that slicked-back boyband sound/look to get on the radio. I don't think a lot of them wanted to actually do it, but they didn't have a choice. That's what the record labels demanded. Bands like Whitesnake and Racer X were heavier than their pastel-colored appearance suggested.
>>
>>61871135
>>61870986
Bon Jovi got huge in the late 80s and all of the record labels demanded that bands copy them. That's what it boils down to. Whether you think they didn't have a choice or not is one thing, but you could also say they had no balls because Metallica et al refused to have any part in the MTV hair metal thing. Result: They're seminal, respected bands with multiple generations of fans while Cinderella is a joke reduced to playing at county fairs.
>>
>>61871135
Paul Stanley had said "For a while, power ballads were the only way a rock group could get on the radio."
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.