[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/daily/ - World Snowman Day Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95
File: tneggujkne.jpg (60 KB, 500x522) Image search: [Google]
tneggujkne.jpg
60 KB, 500x522
It's the 2st of October.

Listen to new music, show off your library, whine about your backlog, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following year, just let the memes in.

TOPSTERS.NET
>chart your listening quota

https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug.dj-ersatz for real-time memery

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random shit

Most importantly: get taste

last thread: >>61807594
>>
First for first
>>
second for first
>>
plebs below this line
_________
>>
File: b2 2.png (4 MB, 1573x1656) Image search: [Google]
b2 2.png
4 MB, 1573x1656
someone pick two albums on here i haven't already done.
>>
>>61843222
Houti Kush
American Drift
>>
>>61843151
what's with these random OP pics recently?
>>61843222
Ya Ho Wha 13
>>
>>61843222
american drift and gameshark
>>
>>61842746
Here you go m8 : https://mega.nz/#!MtcV3JZR!yV_wQPO2mFKrJV-FcgZjkPg77h_S5e_1H8jF4EiKSP8
>>
>>61843281
sounds good.
>>
>>61843294
fuqq i messed this up =3
>>
>>61843300
thank you kindly
>>
god damnit why is the new Kanye/Kendrick/Madlib track actually good it shouldn't be this good. makes me actually wanna hear SWISH.
https://soundcloud.com/kanyewest/nomorepartiesinla
>>
Reposting. Also gonna work with scores out of 5 from now on, using pluses and minuses to indicate an album might move up or down sometime in the future.

>Sun City Girls - s/t
How about that, more hit-and-miss stuff from SCG, this time with more hits than Horse Cock Phepner. SCG's absurd style of humor works here at points thanks to the Uncle Jim character (dude sounds like the average Trump voter), but this absurdism falls flat at other points, such as on "The Burning Nerve Ending Magic Trick", which is 5.5 minutes of the SCG dudes repeating the song titles in various ways. It's just a bore. As for the tunes on here, they're mostly decent rock jams with a few standouts that would later appear in different form on "Valentines". It's not exactly an essential album, but it being more focused on music and more successful at humor than HCP gives it a niche at least. 2.5+

>The G.M.G.N. feat. MC Rowe - Erstlive 005
Four hours of EAI is a lot!!! This thing consists of three discs, the first and third of which are very solid electroacoustic onkyo, comparable to Good Morning Good Night but less sparse and with more accessible tones. The disc sandwiched inbetween is a lot less minimalist, however. A lot more happens instrumentally and the samples of pop songs Yoshihide plays add a bit of extra fun to it. It's such a massive record that even attempting to dig into individual moments seems like a waste of effort, but I guarantee you that it's all good stuff. My only point of critique other than the fact that it's very long for a record that provides very little musical variation is the fact that some parts of discs 1 and 3 get a little too minimal for my taste. High-pitched drones only get you so far. 3.5-
>>
>>61843713
>Richard Youngs - Beyond the Valley of Ultrahits
On one hand, it's completely unimaginable that Richard Youngs, with his love for uber-repetitive, sprawling songs would make a pop album. On the other hand, considering people like Jim O'Rourke pulled it off and it's not like Youngs is the most unaccessible artist ever, it kinda makes sense. And sure enough, there is some really appealing songwriting going on here. "The Valley in Flight" uses drony electronica and piano samples that harken back to Youngs' usual stuff, but the song itself is pure verse-chorus pop. "Radio Innocents" has a fantastic chorus underlined by a techno beat, bitpop elements and a sole guitar chord played all throughout the song. Indeed, the instrumentation on this album combines many musical elements Youngs has played with in the past and is formed into something that passes for pop. The buzzkill on this album, however, is Youngs' vox: while his vocals are nicely done on some tracks, on the closer and especially on tracks 4 through 6, three songs that already suffer from some of the more uninteresting songwriting on the album, Youngs just sounds out of tune. As a result, a big chunk of the album is just not good, which really hurts considering how great some of the tracks are. 3.0

>Sun City Girls - Bright Surroundings, Dark Beginnings
For me, SCG come into their own more when they play long jams, and that's exactly what's going on here. "The Venerable Song" is over 20 minutes of a guitar riff repeated ad infinitum, sometimes sped up, while the Girls play on percussion and sing gibberish. It's entertaining, but the vocals sometimes get a little too silly and the track is too long for what it's worth. The following two jams, both about 12 minutes long, are more successful. They pretty much sound like extended versions of noisy rock jams of Valentines, lo-fi and with clear Arabic influences. The first track feels like it needs more listens, but the rest of the album is very good. 3.0+
>>
>>61843733
>Captain Beefheart - Lick My Decals Off, Baby
Closer to TMR (which preceded this) than Safe As Milk, yet definitely more accessible than the former due to more actual songs and a much more digestible running time. It's enjoyable, especially when Beefheart lets his inner bluesman run wild or when the free jazz influences from TMR peek around the corner, but there aren't a lot of true standouts. On the other hand, everything's consistently fine. Also, it's funny how much some of the instrumental passages here remind me of Sun City Girls' material. Cool album. 3.0+

>Frank Zappa - Lumpy Gravy
Well this is a little all over the place, innit? Despite being only half an hour, Lumpy Gravy manages to include rock improvisations(?), beautiful pieces of romanticism, chaotic free jazz, shit that sounds like circus music, cheesy surf rock, and lots and lots of samples of absurd conversations. I can't say I really knew what was going on while listening to this, and I can't say it's an entirely successful experiment, but I had a good time at least. 3.0
>>
>>61843713
Why out of 5? Didn't you have a 10-point scale before and now you still have one? Or did you give .5 ratings?
>>
File: Daily chart 2.jpg (689 KB, 1200x924) Image search: [Google]
Daily chart 2.jpg
689 KB, 1200x924
>Henry Flynt - You Are My Everlovin' / Celestial Power
Drone with strings, how can I not love this? I felt a little dizzy after listening to it so that's a plus. I actually listened to the tracks in the "wrong" order and I couldn't understand why people seemed to prefer the first track. So yeah, You Are My Everlovin' is definitely the best one.
9/10

>Ground Zero - Revolutionary Pekinese Opera ver. 1.28
Not as fun as Memory & Money but as much crazy, dense and coherent. What makes it so great is that you can never predict what's going to happen. Could do without the last two tracks.
9/10
>>
>>61843914
10-point scale has become more useless to me these days, might as well transition it to RYM rating scale immediately. And yeah, I did use .5 ratings, now I use pluses and minuses for that but they are a little different in meaning so yeah. I just think it's more tidy this way.

>>61843941
Damn right, now it's Tea Time imo
>>
File: 1449941528425.png (1 MB, 1984x1796) Image search: [Google]
1449941528425.png
1 MB, 1984x1796
>The Hydra - Soft Minerals
This cassette twists and turns through a whole family tree of electronic music. Starting with suggestions of power electronics at half-voltage, it moves fluidly if sedately with faint nods towards Muslimgauze, gabber, and even nu-jazz. What's kept constant is a solemn and at times claustrophobic atmosphere, hemmed in by echoes and feedback. At a solid hour long, the sheer lack of focus here is both the strength and the fall, making it worth an intrepid listen but offering no replay value. Interested to see what the Hydra does next.
>>
>>61844111
ah okay, I thought you didn't give .5's and then the change would've been kind of useless as you would've gone from a 10-point to a 10-point, but you started with a 20-point scale, so that makes a lot more sense!
>>
>>61844111
Alright I'm going in, wish me luck.
>>
File: avantteen.png (3 MB, 1714x2000) Image search: [Google]
avantteen.png
3 MB, 1714x2000
>Coil - ...and the Ambulance [...]

Would like to be here. Probably needs a few relistens because Ape of Naples was also one of the records that grew the most one me.

8/10 though.

Will do karma after Ivan's Childhood is finished, what should I do after that? <1 hour pls
>>
>>61845483
w a r r a w
>>
File: 144459[1].jpg (197 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
144459[1].jpg
197 KB, 800x800
transcendental I wish to change my rec
>>
File: chart.png (1 MB, 840x750) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
1 MB, 840x750
Rovo - Pico! (1998)

With four tracks spanning forty minutes, this is an engaging electronic album where the ideas are given space to develop and find their own direction - and to build, and build, and build, which they do effectively.

The rhythms are straight, driving relentlessly onward, with clouds of synth providing variety, and overlaid drum loops drifting in and out of synch. My highlight is the ten-minute CISCO! which is where the drum loops are really messed with.

Sufficiently intrigued with this debut album to seek out more Rovo.
>>
File: sunn o)))k hand.jpg (19 KB, 320x450) Image search: [Google]
sunn o)))k hand.jpg
19 KB, 320x450
>>61845595
>>
File: Moonwander.jpg (387 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Moonwander.jpg
387 KB, 2592x1944
Shortu reviu taimu

>Byungki Hwang - Chimhyang-moo: Kayagum Masterpieces Vol. 1

At first I thought it is just going to be boring kayagum performances composed of bending a single note time after time. I was wrong. There were some fantastic melodies on this with interesting percussion component to it as well. Great listen, will check out the second volume as well.

8/10

>Nine Horses - Snow Borne Sorrow

Emotionless, stone-cold male vocals over jazz/trip-hoppish/wonky instrumentals with occasional female support vocals and some poppy vocal harmonies. After 2 listens, I still cannot understand why I didn’t like it. I caught myself thinking it’s the extremely boring song structure on some of the songs, but some of them weren’t bad at all. Same exact thing can be said about the lyrics. Then the vocals do have a certain off-put, but I did dig them as a separate entity.

I think I’ll give it another listen sometime later. Just meh for now but I feel like something’s there.

5+/10

Good Night /meme/!
>>
File: 1453070835214.png (2 MB, 1200x1198) Image search: [Google]
1453070835214.png
2 MB, 1200x1198
>>
File: snib.png (34 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
snib.png
34 KB, 666x666
>>61843151
this op picture is trash
should have done the snibbedy snab crab
>>
File: meme tourney or something.png (811 KB, 1568x998) Image search: [Google]
meme tourney or something.png
811 KB, 1568x998
update on the tourney

>Intersystems - Peachy
>recc by talking cat bob
I'm not really a big fan of musique concrete, I do appreciate it but I don't enjoy it as much. This however, was pretty entertaining to say the least. I love the primitive sound it has, but easily the best part is our vocalist, who delivers hilariously bad stories in a spoken word fashion over some of the songs. The way he delivers these stories is just so funny and charming to me and definitely worth listening to the whole album just for that. Some of the instrumentation isn't very good though.

>VA - Call of the Valley
>rec by terminus
This was also hella cool, great hindustani classic shit. All the string instruments feel very good to listen to, and the percussion fits perfectly with it. I'd say it's better than Intersystems, but I don't like how in this album, all of the songs kinda feel the same, as in: opens with plucking the stringy strangs, then the percussion kicks in, oh look a flute or some other wind instrument pops up every once in a while

my reviews are so fucking awful theyre funny

so it's a tie, okay um lets roll for the winner
>Talking Cat Bob 00-49
>Terminus 50-99
>>
File: this.jpg (825 KB, 1213x522) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
825 KB, 1213x522
I can't find the bad books debut album in non-shit quality, so I need a new rec. something consistent with pic related please
>>
File: double.png (396 KB, 590x428) Image search: [Google]
double.png
396 KB, 590x428
>>61846999
>mfw I observed those numerals
>>
>>61846999
it's on spotify
>>
>>61846999
Mick Turner / Tren Brothers - Blue Trees
>>
File: meme tourney or something.png (810 KB, 1568x998) Image search: [Google]
810 KB, 1568x998
>>61846978
even when I roll at random, bottom album always wins huh

heyanon stop being a pussy and rec something already or I'll let nyarlathotep take your place
>>
>>61846999
>nixon
<3
tindersticks - tindersticks [ii]
>>
>>61847065
I uninstalled that a while ago, I got tired of ads and am cheap. thanks anyway anon I appreciate you
>>61847075
thanks
>>61847090
>heyanon stop being a pussy and rec something already or I'll let nyarlathotep take your place
yes
>>61847092
honestly I rarely even get to the end of it. i'm so caught up on the first few tracks, I cant be bothered t hear the rest most of the time haha
but I love it. those lyrics are on the same level as Destroyer or Joanna Newsom to me
thanks, I might have heard tindersticks, must check
>>
File: 1453070835214.png (2 MB, 1200x1198) Image search: [Google]
1453070835214.png
2 MB, 1200x1198
actually meant to post this
>>
File: january2016.png (876 KB, 1107x500) Image search: [Google]
january2016.png
876 KB, 1107x500
I don't know why, but I really like Taylor Swift's music than I should. It's pretty standard pop music for almost all of her songs, and with exception to 1989 every album has a sort of guitary country-ish feel to it. But not too much, I mean this stuff is made to appeal to the masses and it certainly does.

So why the heck do I like this then? It's something I wonder about for a bit as well. Is it those small pieces of wit and humour Taylor knows to fit in here and there, to really seperate her from all the uninteresting people in pop music? Is it the fact that while she hasn't the best singing voice in the circuit, she knows her limits very well and uses her voice almost always in the right way, never overcommitting or sounding lazy? I don't know, but this is certainly her best work (haven't heard her first two and I'm not going to listen to those). 1989 has maybe the most highlights with Blank Space and Shake it Off which are just modern day pop masterpieces, but the rest of the album is uninspiring and mediocre. Speak Now doesn't really have any highlights but is very consistent. But with Red, Taylor sounds very comfortable and actually has a direction where she wants to go with the album. Except for the Ed Sheeran song and the song with the guy from Snow Patrol, which are both terrible musicians, I liked every song and found it a very nice and comfy listen. And I Knew You Were Trouble is just a god damn banger.

And well it certainly helps a little that Taylor is very good at portraying herself as an atrractive girl, both with looks and with charisma.

So definitely recommended when you're looking for some comfy pop music.
>>
>>61843690
I can't help but not care anymore for Kanye nor for the abrasive preacher that Kendrick Lamar has become, actually listened to a minute of the track but had to put it off as Kendrick was doing some irritating voice stuff again, hyperextending his syllables and all that.
>>
I am just in love with this so much guys, why isn't there more music this punchy-happy?
>>
>>61847368
what's the USSR one?
>>
>>61847720
Randomer - CCCP 10
>>
>>61847560
Kendrick had a really weak verse, but Kanye followed it up with one of his best verses ever. I don't even like Kanye, but you missed the best part of the track, m8.
>>
File: january2016.png (875 KB, 1107x500) Image search: [Google]
january2016.png
875 KB, 1107x500
What the fuck happened to Baroness? I always knew them as a more simple version of Mastodon, but nevertheless very enjoyable. But this record, this is terrible. At least, the vocals and sound quality is terrible. The mixing is very noisy and the vocals are too shouty and remind me of Post Grunge stuff. Their song structures aren't interesting on this album as well. I don't know what is up with the band but this wasn't a very enjoyable record at all, while I had quite some expectations, since I hold Baroness in high regard.

I will definitely not recommend this record to anyone.
>>
>>61848573
but the album art is still really, really amazing at least.
>>
File: kvelertak.jpg (41 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
kvelertak.jpg
41 KB, 300x300
>>61848724
Their album art is GOAT. The same dude also does the album art for Kvelertak, which s/t is maybe the best album art ever.
>>
bump

whats /meme/ listening to right now? im revisiting time machines - s/t and boy its a lot better than i remembered
>>
>>61849591
I was listening to some mexican glitch stuff before I accidentally stumbled into the weird world of tuba quartets and once I recovered I went right back to Helen Love :\
>that quiet Abba homage on Shifty Disco Girl
>>
File: 1452589430362.gif (146 KB, 388x400) Image search: [Google]
1452589430362.gif
146 KB, 388x400
>>61849591
Mick Turner / Tren Brothers – Blue Trees, as recommended by Good Friend Rodriguez
it's basically dirty three, so it's good.
>>
>>61849591
silver jews
>>
>>61849591
i'm listening to last years the prodigy
i was actually more into invaders than most of of their 90s output so i figured itd be worth a try, also because ive seen it in store for a fiver and could use some new whip muzak
idg the low rating, at all
definitely gonna pick this one up
>>
>>61849591
David Bowie- Reality
>>
File: 17halftournament.jpg (1 MB, 2200x1140) Image search: [Google]
17halftournament.jpg
1 MB, 2200x1140
new half-sized tournament for half-sized albums

releases under 20 minutes only (wiggle room up to 25 but do try to keep it under 20)
no reserving
contemplate your recommendations before posting

and you should know
it's gonna be rigged
>>
File: screaminkitty.gif (570 KB, 360x246) Image search: [Google]
screaminkitty.gif
570 KB, 360x246
I don't know why the fuck i'm doing this, I start school tomorrow
>>
>>61850930
You Slut! - Critical Meat
(22~ minutes)
It's my favorite math rock album, mostly instrumental, hella fun to listen to whenever

if youve heard that, do Descendents - Milo Goes to College
>>
>>61850930
>>
>>61850930
14 minutes
>>
>>61851095
>if youve heard that, do Descendents - Milo Goes to College
i'll do this because I tried that other album once and I hated it. I can't (won't) into math rock. toe is ok, rest is no.
>>
17halftournament.jpg
1 MB, 2200x1140
5 spots left
>>
>>61850930
FKA Twigs - M3LL155X (18 mins)
>>
>>61850930
DJ Nigga-Fox - O Meu Estilo
>>
>>61850930
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/discordance_axis/jouhou_f1/
>>
>>61850930
25,000 kittens - s/t
>>
by the way, i've never heard Dead- Musical Abortions
>>
>>61850930
Glenn Branca - Lesson No. 1
>>
>>61851559
Clarifying: The original tracklist is only 19 minutes long, while the more commonly heard/shared CD version is 40 min, so watch out for that
>>
17halftournament.jpg
1 MB, 2200x1140
thanks all! looks good.
somedumb is gonna be pissed

>>61851652
noted, appreciate it
>>
>>61851735
EPs were allowed? Fuck I thought it was only LPs

and im up against uneven compromise, im fucked
>>
>>61851827
I really struggled to find an LP that's neatly under 20 minutes; mind you, under 25 was a bit easier.
>>
>>61851827
any release under 20
and i've never heard lil ugly mane, might hate him
>>
>>61851827
Ay, don't sell The Descendants too short. But yeah, Uneven Compromise is tough.
>>
File: 16january.jpg (1 MB, 1680x2040) Image search: [Google]
16january.jpg
1 MB, 1680x2040
updated. still gotta hear newsom, but it's a little late for that giant album
coin locker kid was fucking weird
>>
File: u is for utopiaaaa.png (3 MB, 1680x1471) Image search: [Google]
u is for utopiaaaa.png
3 MB, 1680x1471
>>61852277
>when I'd just added public service broadcasting to my backlog before seeing this
oh well~~ <3
>>
>>61852483
it's basically an extremely lazy avalanches with poor songwriting that uses boring samples as a crutch to give it identity
I would recommend it if you were a kid who I was trying to eventually get in to good plunderphonics
>>
File: hype.gif (1011 KB, 355x210) Image search: [Google]
hype.gif
1011 KB, 355x210
>>61852483
hype for pokemon bash tho
>>
File: Freeform Chart.png (2 MB, 1560x720) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart.png
2 MB, 1560x720
田中宏和 & 鈴木慶一 - Mother 2: ギーグの逆襲 (1994)
>video game music, 16-bit

I really don't care for vidya much at all, so the only thing I really know about Mother is from Smash Bros. I've never played this game, but I'm still absolutely blown away my this soundtrack. Not only are the actual songs and melodies fantastic, but the fact that all of these tracks were produced using such limited hardware is astounding. The style ranges from jazz to bluegrass to psych to dub, and its all done using 16-bit hardware, and they all sound fantastic. Great stuff.

3.5+
>>
>>61852565
I mean I could always use some <2.5 fodder anyway.
>>61852599
Christmas week in general seems like I'll have a blast, but yeah Pokemon especially.
>>
Last Feb I listened to ~200 bach works for my calendar.

This year I wanna do the same with another great historic composer. Gimme some recs + a few of their essential works!
>>
File: :daily:.jpg (468 KB, 756x756) Image search: [Google]
:daily:.jpg
468 KB, 756x756
lateralus was a 5.5/10
pretty boring desu
altar next?
>>
File: calllllll.png (2 MB, 1666x1718) Image search: [Google]
calllllll.png
2 MB, 1666x1718
been forgetting to post this a lot.
tons of good stuff this month so far.
Material Object was really good minimal techno with an amazing dark atmosphere
john wayne death scene was a series of mysterious field recordings taped on to super lo-fi tapes. it's fidelity builds a cold and comforting aura around the record. it's like if the caretaker made original tape music and field recordings.
gargoyle was more fantastic post-internet sound collages from djwwww. i really appreciated the more atmospheric moments.
maxo was lo-fi cassette based hip-hop stuff. it was just generally well produced.
tigres liones was fun spanish garage rock/punk. it did a great job at what it set out to do with no artsy bullshit in between. it was extremely refreshing.
great month so far.
>>61852483
i actually have that same obscure vaporwave christmas album in my backlog. weird.
>>
File: BAG CHART.png (873 KB, 840x941) Image search: [Google]
BAG CHART.png
873 KB, 840x941
Various Artists - Time to Go: The Southern Psychedelic Moment - 1981-1986 (2012)
>post-punk, dunedin sound, neo-psychedelia, indie rock

Eh, there are some real good tracks here ("Russian Rug", "Wrecked Wee Hymn", "Flamethrower", "Clover") but as a whole I don't care for this comp all too much. Dunedin sound / neo-psychedelia have always been iffy genres for me, and this comp isn't exactly making them seem any more appealing to me. Those good tracks are really good though, I finally have the push to look more into Tall Dwarfs' catalogue.

2.5+
>>
>>61852692
How "historic" do you need? Pre-modern I'm assuming?

>>61852754
>Altar
>Fun House
>Madvillainy
>Laughing Stock
>Drukqs
>Eccojams
>Neu!
>Gov't Plates
wow, all good stuff.

>>61852767
I mean, no chance in hell I'm gonna pass off "vaporwave christmas", though it was a tough call between that and the Bubblegum Bass christmas album.
>>
>>61852893
it was pretty meh honestly. you made a good call.
>>
File: Tat and Corts.png (2 MB, 1255x682) Image search: [Google]
Tat and Corts.png
2 MB, 1255x682
Lucio Battisti - Anima latina (1974)
>progressive pop, psychedelic pop, art pop

Hey, I'm the 1000th rating for this thing on RYM! Neat. This record is really damn lush and dense. I'm fairly certain every single track has about 10 layers going at every moment, and most of the time it sounds great. Sometimes it sounds cluttered, and sometimes the melodies are a bit too overblown and cheesy, or just plain unmemorable, but overall this is a nice record. Certain moments are beautiful enough to get me kinda teary-eyed, which I guess isn't much of a commendation considering I'm stressed and anxious as fuck right now, but I mean it counts! Gorgeous cover as well.

3.0+
>>
>>61852893
>How "historic" do you need? Pre-modern I'm assuming?
Yeah let's go with pre-20th century.
>>
give me some recs boys
any genre
>>
>>61852692
>>61853000
also woops my trip vanished.
>>
>>61853012
Art Ensemble of Chicago - Les stances à Sophie
DJ Jeffee - Jungle Spliff
Flower Travellin' Band - Satori
The Grifters - One Sock Missing
Keith Hudson - Playing It Cool & Playing It Right
Perry Leopold - Experiment in Metaphysics
Sirconical - Waving at Planes
Today Is the Day - Sadness Will Prevail
>>
>>61853012
silver jews - american water
dubosc; cambreling: klangforum wien - grisey: quatre chants pour franchir le seuil
ornette coleman - change of the century
lhasa - la llorona
dub judah - babylon is a trap
quatuor ebene - mendelssohn: felix & fanny
olga bell - incitation
>>
File: _1408260058_cover.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
_1408260058_cover.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>61853012
>>
>>61852990
>sometimes the melodies are a bit too overblown and cheesy,
tfw the cheese is one of the things you love most about the album.

I'dunno that album has this sort of magical, miraculous campiness to it. There is just so much joy and care-free bliss about it.
>>
>>61853012
&seconding this >>61853119
>>
File: big bear.jpg (185 KB, 800x796) Image search: [Google]
big bear.jpg
185 KB, 800x796
>>61853065
>>61853106
>>61853119
holy fuck
thanks guys this is a lot of stuff
>>
>>61853012
Motion Graphics - Screentones
Bell Witch - Longing
Janek Schaefer / Pan•American - Split #3
David Thomas Broughton - The Complete Guide to Insufficiency
Amanda - Worship Me
J D Emmanuel - Rain Forest Music
Clive Tanaka y Su Orquesta - Jet Set Siempre No. 1
Steffen Basho-Junghans - In the Morning Twilight
>>
>>61853012
The Golding Institute - Final Relaxation
Farrah Abraham - My Teenage Dream Ended
Harumi - s/t
Li Jianhong - San Sheng Shi
Van Dyke Parks - Song Cycle
Gangway - Sitting in the Park
Yrsel - Requiem for the Three Khanates
Abecedarians - Eureka
Silver Apples - Contact
>>
File: kramer thumbs.gif (728 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
kramer thumbs.gif
728 KB, 350x350
>>61853157
welcome to daily
>>
File: January 2016 18.png (1 MB, 880x755) Image search: [Google]
January 2016 18.png
1 MB, 880x755
i have a really hard time sticking to just picking albums out beforehand and going through them. i always will hear about something else and listen to it before or just listen to other things that are new to me. i dont know how to stay on track or if there even is a reason to. its easier just to listen to sometihng and give it a right up.
>>
>>61853142
>magical, miraculous campiness to it
hey i agree! its a real good record.
>>
>>61852665
You should definitly listen to the Mother 3 OST if you like that a lot.

Also maybe the Undertale OST if you want a sort of modern interpretation of that.

Also, the Mother 2 OST is getting repressed super soon iirc.
>>
>>61853655
you know what'd be great? if the games got repressed.
>>
>>61853696
Earthbound got put on the eshop last year, and Mother 3 is on the Japanese eshop.

One day ;_;
>>
>>61853655
ehh Undertale's OST might be weird out of context. It's a great OST, but some stuff..
https://tobyfox.bandcamp.com/track/tem-shop
but yeah make sure you check out Mother 3's ost.
i need to play that game again some time. and more games in general.
>>
File: cover.png (218 KB, 598x598) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
218 KB, 598x598
>>61853142
ayyy here's my rec for the next round of tourney
Vert - The Koln Konzery
>>
>>61854698
*The Koln Konzert

fuck
>>
File: night.png (67 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
night.png
67 KB, 426x364
good night
>>
get taste
>>
>>61854698
Added!
>>
>>61858086
Make sure you've listened to the orginal Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert beforehand, because the album plays with expectations ands deliveries with loops to change the feel of the melodies in a more tense direction.
>>
File: natalie 11.png (271 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
natalie 11.png
271 KB, 500x423
Good Morning /daily/!

More music.

New idea for a chart: the 27 club. Not gonna use it but you can if you like the idea.
>>
>>61859015
the main focus in koln konzert is how it deconstructs and examines the original
>>
File: happyfuck.jpg (11 KB, 281x400) Image search: [Google]
happyfuck.jpg
11 KB, 281x400
good morning /daily/!

classes were cancelled today despite the fact that there's minimal snow and the roads are okay!

music for this absolute elation i'm feeling?
>>
>>61859882
>music for this absolute elation i'm feeling?
Duh. Alice Cooper - School's Out.
>>
>>61852990
you might want to replace that Pram ep with a LP
one of these perhaps
Ahmad Jamal Trio - But Not for Me
Missing Foundation - 1933 Your House Is Mine
Pierrot Lunaire - Gudrun
SAT Stoicizmo - Mah 2
Armand Schaubroeck Steals - Ratfucker
>>
File: Tat and Corts.png (2 MB, 1255x682) Image search: [Google]
Tat and Corts.png
2 MB, 1255x682
>>61859925
yknow what, I think i actually will give that a listen later today. that was a record my dad played all the time when i was real little.

>>61860019
pic related good?
>>
>>61860187
yeah, looks good
>>
>>61860187
you should put The Wigmaker in Eighteenth-Century Williamsburg somewhere on bobbys side, its a blast!
>>
>changes the rashad album on footwork day from the breakout to the superhit that's easier to find
>learn halfway through it's known for going against the footwork sound in favor of accessibility
damn it... hopefully dj paypal will deliver, since rashad can't anymore :(
>>
File: BAG CHART.png (872 KB, 840x941) Image search: [Google]
BAG CHART.png
872 KB, 840x941
Sandy Bull - Sandy Bull & The Rhythm Ace Live 1976 (2012)
>psychedelic folk, american primitivism

American primitivism with a...drum machine? Contrary to what I believed, the Rhythm Ace is in fact not Bull's backing band, its a drum machine. Only a full tracks really take full advantage of it though, which is a shame because the mixture of the repetitive drum loops and Bull's meditative guitar/banjo/lute/magical string instrument is a really nice mix-up to the conventions I've come to expect from primitivism. The non-drum machine pieces are nice, if forgettable, psyched-out primitivism pieces reminiscent of the non-"Blend" pieces on Fantastias for Guitar and Banjo. I can't say I'm sold on Bull 100% yet, but when he gets it right he gets it /right/.

3.0-

>>61860423
ill give that ish a listen sometime
>>
>>61850930
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/shinichi_atobe/ship_scope___plug_and_delay___rainstick___the_red_line/

really nice sounding techno that pushes the boundaries with pretty unusual things like using a rainstick, or free form beats. Just well crafted in general
>>
>>61861211
fuck im always late
>>
File: avantteen.png (3 MB, 1714x2000) Image search: [Google]
avantteen.png
3 MB, 1714x2000
Hello friends. All I want to know is: what?
>>
>>61861271
Ghost Tropic if ur in the mood for sad man music, otherwise Mingus Ah Um. Also do Uneven Comrpomise already. Alsooo you might wanna replace AMMMusic with something better by AMM, like Before Driving to the Chapel...
>>
File: cover.jpg (73 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
73 KB, 600x602
>>61861350
Ha pєкaхъ Baвл҃нcкыхъ by Aпopєa, recommended by Relgob

Is this neofolk before neofolk? There's no information about it that I can find, but the record seems to date from the early 80s at the latest, and reaches in a few directions at once without committing to any of them. Alas, it's mercifully short and doesn't allow itself to get dull. It's odd because some of the neofolky tropes come out in force here: distant bells, simplistic male voice arrangements, deep bass drones, and so on. None of them sound very fresh or enthused, either. Nowhere is the record more interesting than its first few minutes of what might be Orthodox chant and distant bells tolling, after which it's difficult to even imagine sustaining a stake.

Difficult to judge this one for its brevity and lack of context, and perhaps that mysterious element forms part of the appeal. But then why settle for this and not some other mystery, one more compelling and enjoyable?
>>
>>61861619
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia_(band)
http://ahogonsindustrialguide.blogspot.nl/2009/06/aporea-1988-na-rekah-vavilonskih-mcnot.html
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%94%D0%B0/%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D1%80%D1%94%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%85%D1%8A_%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BB%D2%83%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BA%D1%8B%D1%85%D1%8A/

reverse image search was more helpful than the russian title t b h
it's from 1988 btw
>>
>>61861672
thanks. can't tell if this is interesting or dull.
>>
File: circles.png (2 MB, 1200x1198) Image search: [Google]
circles.png
2 MB, 1200x1198
>Aventuras
the last track prevented that from being a 7, there were some questionable elements in there
But other than that it had a nice atmosphere, and featured some catchy structures
especially the title track stood out
>>
>>61861619
yep and Montparnasse was just as disappointing :|
>>
File: pos.png (21 KB, 399x233) Image search: [Google]
pos.png
21 KB, 399x233
Rec me some of your personal 10/10s; only restriction is under 70 minutes long. I'll probably make a lil' free form chart out of them.

On another note, I'm ditching my current chart soon, maybe I'll finish the Cure and Eno columns; I don't have the patience to listen to two more hour-long 6/10 Stereolab albums.
Stocking up on Eno's ambient series rn, planning on marathoning them tomorrow while doing uni stuff.
>>
>>61862632
Sun Ra - Atlantis
>>
>>61862632
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Magus_The_Sexy/r5.0

Pick whichever you haven't heard yet. If you heard them all, I can hit you up with some 9.5s or whatever.
>>
>>61862682
heard 'em all
>>
>>61862632
jard van nes; electric phoenix; ricardo chailly: royal concertgebouw orchestra - berio: formazioni; folk songs; sinfonia
dillinger escape plan - calculating infinity
fka twigs - ep2
lambchop - is a woman
david lewiston - music from the morning of the world
>>
>>61862632
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/bksbeat/r5.0

pick vatever u like
>>
File: Hasture-its-2016.jpg (1006 KB, 1576x999) Image search: [Google]
Hasture-its-2016.jpg
1006 KB, 1576x999
>U.S. Maple - Long Hair In Three Stages
>noise rock

This was difficult at first, but the deeper I went into this album the more I found myself enjoying it. To me, this comes across as a slightly noisier and more contemporary Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. This here is Chaos, has no melody, no rhythm, order is completely thrown out the window. Idk, there isn't much here that I don't like about it. It's one of those albums that I wish I found sooner.
>>
>>61862752
so suppose I haven't heard anything other than the obvious /mu/core, can you dumb it down to 10 or so albums?
>>
>>61862719
also ted hearne - the source for a newer entry on probation
>>
>>61862706
I figured as much. Try some of these:

Sta-Kaidan - 京大西部講堂 1983.9.17 LIVE (this one can be found on the last disc of The Noise by Hijokaidan)
Portishead - Third
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Wipers - Youth of America
Godflesh - Streetcleaner
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
>>
>>61862632
Owen Pallett - Heartland
Bela Bartok - Solo Violin Sonata (I. Faust)
Joanna Newsom - Ys
Gas - Königsforst
Neutral Milk Hotel - Ferris Wheel on Fire
Les Troubadours du Roi Baudouin - Missa Luba
>>
>>61862632
>tfw not enough 10's
if 9's do as well:
Bernard Parmegiani - De Natura Sonorum
>>
>>61862806
I'll narrow it to 5
>Upgrade and Afterlife
>Daikanjyo
>The For Carnation
>Warraw
>Mirror Man
>>
>>61862632
since i'm certain you have heard most of my 10s, try these
The Royal Family and the Poor - The Temple of the 13th Tribe
Brume - Accident de Chasse
Human Being - Live at the Zodiac - Berlin 1968
>>
>>61862632
Washington Phillips - The Key to the Kingdom
John Fahey - Guitar Vol. 4
Jim O'Rourke - Bad Timing
Ween - The Mollusk
>>
File: newchart.jpg (708 KB, 755x755) Image search: [Google]
newchart.jpg
708 KB, 755x755
contains some much needed relistens too

>>61862898
>>61862664
I'm limiting it to 4 pics per person so you can enter sum more
>>
>>61862973
bob too >>61863094
>>
>>61863126
Y Bhekhirst - Hot in the Airport
>>
>>61862632
>Electric Wizard — Come My Fanatics...
>Less Than Jake — Hello Rockview
>Sun Ra — Atlantis
>White Suns - Totems
>Infinite Body — Carve Out the Face of My God
>>
File: image.png (164 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
164 KB, 750x1334
>>61863094
Anything on here that you haven't heard yet then!
>>
>>61863287
Only that C93 and Julius Eastman are >70 mins
>>
>>61863094
Oh and Henryk Gorecki's 9th Symphony, one with Dawn Upshaw
>>
File: discogs.jpg (836 KB, 820x1025) Image search: [Google]
discogs.jpg
836 KB, 820x1025
Three Imaginary Boys just makes me appreciate the progression to Seventeen Seconds more.
>>
>>61863094
You probably heard most of it but choose here : https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Bogler/r5.0/
>>
File: 1447009893650.png (90 KB, 212x205) Image search: [Google]
1447009893650.png
90 KB, 212x205
>Catherine Christer Hennix - The Electric Harpsichord

Harpsichord playing in a La Monte Young fashion, full of drones and everything dreams are made of. This is my fetish.

9-/10

>Burton Greene - Burton Greene Quartet

Ranges from incredibly powerful free jazz attacks to Ives-esque piano labyrinths. A disorienting experience. Some of the solos are especially powerful. I am genuinely impressed by how listenable this is too. Brilliant.

8+/10
>>
Can anyone rec me any good modern noise rock/pop
>>
>>61865020
Exploding Head by A Place to Bury Strangers
II by Metz
Attack on Memory by Cloud Nothings
Hide the Kitchen Knives by The Paper Chase
>>61863923
oi, got enough to hear from those
>>
File: girl-band-ep.jpg (136 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
girl-band-ep.jpg
136 KB, 480x480
>>61865020
>>
>>61865081
Thanks, I've heared APTBS and Metz before but I'll check out the other two
>>61865099
Already heard them before but thanks anyway

Probably should of put bands I already liked in my first post but never mind
>>
File: dead.png (227 KB, 243x238) Image search: [Google]
dead.png
227 KB, 243x238
Who /dead/ here?
>>
File: R-674631-1253078411.jpeg.jpg (120 KB, 530x529) Image search: [Google]
R-674631-1253078411.jpeg.jpg
120 KB, 530x529
>>61866053
what is your opinion on this?
>>
>>61866105
Haven't heard it.
>>
File: meme tourney or something.png (810 KB, 1568x998) Image search: [Google]
810 KB, 1568x998
well since heyanon seems to have decided not to rec anything, nyarlathotep can get back into the tourney if he recs an album in time that follows the restrictions.

>>61863094
anything you haven't heard here?
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/yamir/r5.0
>>
room for two more albums

>>61866265
yess
>>
>>61866554
Don't know if you've heard a lot of free/avant garde jazz. But maybe listen to Saint and the Sinner Lady and Space is the Place first. Then do Out to Lunch before machine gun and atlantis
>>
>>61866634
heard Black Saint, Space in the Place not
>>
File: 2.jpg (1007 KB, 3870x3790) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1007 KB, 3870x3790
>Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother The Mountain [hahaha]
I've never really liked country and i think its trademark sounds and general aspect is ugly, but this record was surprisingly pleasing and after some more listen I grew up to really liking it. Townes' voice is what does it for me - also, i thought it sounded familiar, and that was because it was used as an outro for True Detective. Good record but there's still some ugliness here and there. 3.0
>Lightnin' Hopkins - Smokes Like Lightning [tripfriend on the spot]
Simple blues by a black man that sounds like he has a cold and everytime he sings his throat cleans up. Relatively easy listen but it felt like forever and I -not kidding- felt sick right after. 1.0
>Sasha & John Digweed - Northern Exposure [Anon Resident]
A 2 hour and something long mix, based around the concept of the two poles, north and south. The synths and tunes have a certain fashion to them sounding oddly dated, but in a pleasing way; and Sasha's and Dickweed's mixing is smoooth. 3.0
>Brock Van Wey - Home [AreYouInsanity]
Another 2 hour and a half record of ambient. I like that it tried to be monolithic and a very expanded experience, but other than having some personally irritating EDM style vocals, its first side was useless. And that's a big deal when it lasts 70 minutes. But the second side was exactly what it wanted to be, feelsy and with moving piano pieces. 2.0+
>>
>>61866554
>>
>>61866554
cephalotripsy - uterovaginal insertion of extirpated anomalies
enmity - illuminations of vile engorgement

you asked for 10/10, not favorites
>>
>>61866708
>Sandwell District - Feed-Forward [FlyingIceWizard]
I think usually techno albums aren't the best of ideas, but this had the right to be how long it wanted. Gritty techno that takes a lot from a metallic/grey color palette and was surprisingly dynamic. Another thing that I love with this and techno in general is how tight everything is and how good it sounds with the volume way up. 2.5+
>Takaga Masakatsu - Journal for People [ricebeansandegg]
Warm and kind of nostalgic IDM that takes advantage of stereo mixing. It can hit some sweet spots when it wants (there was a track with a sampled accordion that just clicked and made me feel nostalgic about professor layton <:( ) But there's too many dead moments. Still a meaningful listen. 2.5
>Revelation Rockers - Jah Praises [Mortimer]
A raggae ep. Every band member plays really well and there's two songs (on six) that are really good and that would make a good soundtrack for enjoying herb, but the rest is pretty corny or useless. 2.5- (or 2.0+, still haven't decided)
>Hamza El Din - Escalay: The Water Wheel [natkingcole]
There's some type of records where there seems very little substance at first sight, but slowly you realize that you love how everything fits well and every little change is iconic. Arabic oud playing that gets to the soul also thanks to Hamza's powerful voice. 3.5
>>
>>61866726
it's already on there
>>61866748
ehh
>>
File: robert wyatt-shleep.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
robert wyatt-shleep.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>61866789
oh, sorry, I'm blind
how about this one?
>>
circles.png
2 MB, 1200x1198
expected to like the Surgeon one more
>>
File: BAG CHART.png (873 KB, 840x941) Image search: [Google]
BAG CHART.png
873 KB, 840x941
Hive Mind and Luasa Raelon - Night Maintenance (2005)
>dark ambient, drone

Drone overdose. I'm fine with artists like Stars of the Lid and Natural Snow Buildings making long drone records, because their sounds are simply more interesting than what Hive Mind and Raelon are doing here. A few nice moments where the tone switches up from BWOOOM or BWAAAM, but overall I just didn't enjoy this all too much. Going by the fact that I enjoyed Death Tone more than this, I guess that Hive Mind works better by himself.

2.0+

only one more!

>>61866757
woo! do you want a rec now or nah
>>
>>61867107
yeh i guess if anybody wants to recc something, he can
>>
File: dailychart.jpg (2 MB, 1540x1225) Image search: [Google]
dailychart.jpg
2 MB, 1540x1225
i am going to shit on you if this isn't fun
>>
>>61867693
>fun
>ever
wew lad
>>
File: mother 2.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mother 2.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>61867276
ill rec this then
>>
>Randomer
not entirely sure I listened to the right thing, but whatever, I enjoyed it alot
>>
circles.png
2 MB, 1200x1198
>>61867756
but I forgot le picture
>>
>>61867756
how are you not sure?
>>
>>61868113
http://www.discogs.com/Randomer-Untitled/release/5934588
is this correct?
>>
>>61868154
yes
>>
>>61868154
Yes. CCCP-010, which is the title I gave Bongo is the release ID, the EP itself is untitled.
>>
>>61868196
uh, the RYM page titles that as it's name
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/randomer/cccp_10/

not the first time I've seen it done also
>>
>>61868191
>>61868196
>>61868220
oh, should have seen that, or should have checked rym, but that's way less fun without the pretty pictures ;_;
>>
>>61868220
>the RYM page titles that as it's name
I get what you're saying but that doesn't mean this is a well constructed sentence.
Note how every release on that label other than that and maybe a couple other ones are untitled even on RYM. Also note how RYM doesn't enforce correct labeling on their site as well as discogs does.
>>
File: download.png (4 MB, 1330x1384) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4 MB, 1330x1384
So close to done!
>>
>>61868282
>the RYM page says that it's the title
I'm fucking tired okkk?

yeah I know that's correct cause I've seen a couple circles named after the release ID on RYM. never remember to check discogs
>>
File: Daily chart 2.jpg (689 KB, 1200x924) Image search: [Google]
Daily chart 2.jpg
689 KB, 1200x924
>Keiji Haino, Oren Ambarchi & Jim O'Rourke - Tea Time...
I'm not going to lie, a lot of this is just mindless wanking, especially on Haino's part. Ambarchi and O'Rourke seem to try their best to contain the beast and to try to construct something from what he plays. I didn't like the first track because you could only really hear Haino playing and it was nonsensical. O'Rourke's bass line on the 2nd track really brings the whole stuff to another level. Track 3 was cool since you could really see a build-up and those last 5 minutes goddamn... So yeah, I'm not entirely convinced.
7/10
>>
File: 1420664884598.jpg (16 KB, 399x296) Image search: [Google]
1420664884598.jpg
16 KB, 399x296
>>61868497
>all these 9s and 10s
This makes me happy
>>
>>61868560
Yeah me too. I feel like I already went through the best ones though.
>>
>>61868649
It's just refreshing because too many doodz here be like

"It was a masterpiece. I laughed. I cried. It was the most mind-bending album I have heard in a while. Truly perfect in every way.

4/10"
>>
>>61868691
we all inflate our ratings what u talking bout
>>
>>61868649
you still have Rome left
>>61868691
guilty
>>
File: 1401221350861s.jpg (2 KB, 125x112) Image search: [Google]
1401221350861s.jpg
2 KB, 125x112
>>61868732
>>
File: 1421891792603.gif (17 KB, 46x56) Image search: [Google]
1421891792603.gif
17 KB, 46x56
Hey, /daily/, I gotta go to work now! Love you, see ya ina bit

Mwwwaaah xoxoxoxo <333
>>
>>61867693
>Residents
>O'Rourke
>Ween
>Brotzmann
confirmed fun times to be had.
>>
>>61868773
byeeeeee :33
>>
>>61868691
I kinda feel the same but in the end as long as you're coherent with your rating system it's ok. I think I tend to overrate stuff a lot.

>>61868737
idk, I never got the hype for Flowers From Exile but we'll see.
>>
File: Sleep Has His House.jpg (59 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Sleep Has His House.jpg
59 KB, 600x600
So I finally listened to a Current 93 album [pic related] and overall it was pretty mediocre. If I didn't enjoy this one, will I not like their other stuff?
>>
File: Current93.png (565 KB, 1686x1206) Image search: [Google]
Current93.png
565 KB, 1686x1206
>>61868913
Found this image on the matter
>>
>>61868913
I haven't heard that particular album but considering they've done everything from industrial music to whispery folk I'd say you might enjoy some other stuff
>>
>>61868913
TRIGGERED
What didn't you like exactly ?
>>
>>61868976
seems like i picked the worst album to begin with, will listen to pretty little horses
>>
Bump

What are you guys doing?

I'm rewatching Spectre and the main theme makes me want to shoot myself.
>>
>>61869682
just put new strings on my guitar, it was pretty nerve-wrecking
>>
>>61869682
2016 calendar & reading
>>
>>61869750
I love changing strings. A form of meditation for me.
>>
>>61869851
i am always so terrified of breaking my last e string
>>
File: tour temp.png (41 KB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
tour temp.png
41 KB, 3136x1996
backlog feels empty
tourney time
some rules first, might make it interesting

Everyone who wants to participate thinks of a restriction (don't make it too hard please)
then everyone gets one of these at random (could be the own one as well)
good idea? bad idea? let's find out
>>
File: 1449941528425.png (1 MB, 1984x1796) Image search: [Google]
1449941528425.png
1 MB, 1984x1796
>Guy Blakeslee - The Middle Sister
Two suites in complementary but comparable styles. The two guitar-focussed movements of 'Halcyon' evoke American primitivism in their recurring moto perpetuo riffs and constant pedal point, though there's something quite honest about the eschewing of any real virtuosity or extravagance in Blakeslee's playing. The four movements of 'Maja' do away with riffs and guitar almost completely, instead focussing on dense electronic soundscapes. Unfortunately it takes a fatal misstep when the appearance of a drummer announces what could be noise rock sans noise, from which it doesn't recover its initial grace.
>>
>>61870729
1960-1964
>>
File: FRONT.jpg (710 KB, 1429x1429) Image search: [Google]
FRONT.jpg
710 KB, 1429x1429
>>61869682
I will probably go watch The Holy Mountain now. Did you guys see it? Is it good?
While we are at the main themes, I watched Suspiria last night and it was amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXz3OlFwZA

>>61870521
I managed to break my G once because I thought I was tuning the low E and didn't notice I was turning the wrong peg until it was too late. Not really my brightest moment.

Btw, regarding my listenalong, I was thinking of culturally enriching you by giving you music from around these places. How many of you memesters have heard this?
>>
>>61870729
>>
>>61870729
Album has to have three or less people performing on it
>>
>>61870729
you could maybe take all the restrictions and assign them to all the participants at random?

Here's an idea for a restriction: South American artists only
>>
>>61870821
If you mean what I think that you mean, that's exactly the plan, yeah
>>
>>61870729
anime on the cover
>>
>>61870922
it's a really good idea, although it would put some people at a major disadvantage like whoever gets >>61870953 is gonna get fucked right away
>>
>>61870729
record can have no less than eight performers on it
>>
>>61871046
limited taste-boundaries confirmed.
>>
>>61871046
>disadvantage
>implying
>>
>>61871046
wouldn't necessarily say so
as long as it's not something too strict, like "2016 albums from north korea" I'm sure there's something good within every restriction so far
>>
>>61870729
An album from your current chart
>>
>>61870729
Longest track is at least twice as long as the second longest track.
>>
File: cover.jpg (178 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
178 KB, 500x500
>>61871285
>your
I hope you mean the participant's and not Kanzler's cause that second one would be dumb

Also Satanique Samba thing was pretty weird not gonna lie. Couple tracks especially were interesting while some others were the standard RiO antimelody thing.

>>61871388
>best track is longest track is title track is best track
>>
>>61871428
The participants. Otherwise, yeah, that would be dumb.
>>
>>61870729
>Everyone who wants to participate thinks of a restriction
no love songs on the album
>>
File: smiles.png (169 KB, 202x214) Image search: [Google]
smiles.png
169 KB, 202x214
>>61870729
Albums that are Musical Abortions.

>>61870799
>I will probably go watch The Holy Mountain now. Did you guys see it? Is it good?
Do you like shallow hipster posturing, entry level eastern philosophy, Biblical references and late hippy culture? If you do, you're in for a treat!
If you don't like any of those things you'll get trash with nice visuals. Have fun. #hotonion
>>
>>61871836
###denied
>>
File: no.png (222 KB, 236x240) Image search: [Google]
no.png
222 KB, 236x240
>>61871876
Damn... foiled again...
>>
Just finished listening to Dr. Octagon

What a boring album
>>
>>61870729
less than 3.0 on RYM

>>61871836
I thought visuals where the most important thing :^^
>>
File: mfw......jpg (45 KB, 510x822) Image search: [Google]
mfw......jpg
45 KB, 510x822
>>61871977
They are. Everything else being repugnant fucks the whole thing sideways though.
>>
>>61871836
ngl most of those are like my favorite things
>>
>>61872062
do you think me (if u dont kno my ridiculously limited film taste go check RYM) would like that movie? I've seen a lot of praise from people who see quite a lot of moving pictures

or is it 2deep
>>
>>61872119
I've seen infomercials that were deeper than Holy Mountain so that shouldn't be an issue. It's trash though.

>>61872110
What are you waiting for then? Go watch some Jodorowsky.
>>
>>61872266
from what I've seen I'll prolly like it

I'll try it when I have time and report to you how much you are or are not wrong on that
>>
File: mfw.....jpg (19 KB, 278x400) Image search: [Google]
mfw.....jpg
19 KB, 278x400
>>61872306
>me
>wrong
Pick one or less.
>>
>>61871061
>inb4 someone recs Slipknot
>>
>>61872508
Or Arcade Fire, or Wu Tang
>>
>>61870729
can only be "black" genres that aren't jazz
>>
>>61870729
Live albums with songs that can't be found on one of the artist's studio albums.
>>
>>61872683
Uh, more specifically, it can contain songs that aren't on any studio album, as long as it has at least one track that isn't on a studio album.
>>
>>61872700
whoever the fuck does The Gate tho
>>
>>61872579
What would that even be apart from hip-hop?
>>
>>61872748
blues, rnb, soul, funk, disco, house, techno
>>
>>61872748
soul, funk, reggae, dub, grime, the list goes on...
>>
>>61872748
Blues, Reggae, Dub, Afrobeat, Soul, Funk, R&B, and maybe classic Techno/House depending on who you ask
>>
>>61872748
as well as all the traditional music of the african continent
>>
>>61872748
Soul & its subgenres, funk & its subgenres, nearly all blues & subgenres pre-60's, literally every genre of African music, and probably more I'm forgetting. Can't be very hard now can it?
>>
>>61872579
does ragtime count as jazz?
>>
>>61870729
Soundtrack.
>>
>>61872841
I don't know. I guess not, if you go by rym's standards https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/ragtime
>>
>>61872110
>most
all of those, except?
>>
>>61873135
good thing you ask!
except "hipster posturing". now, but why? because it's not really a thing at all
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.