[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do japs love this album so much ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: loveless.jpg (10 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
10 KB, 280x280
Why do japs love this album so much ?
>>
>>61840343
Cause they appreciate quality tunes.
>>
>>61840343
>mostly japanese adolescents have depression
>this album is depression
>japan is depression and suicide
the perfect couple
>>
Why do you pick this album in particular? Japs love all rawk music.
>>
File: kevin2.png (274 KB, 340x450) Image search: [Google]
kevin2.png
274 KB, 340x450
This is now a Loveless appreciation thread. Why is I Only Said So underrated?
We did a Loveless poll the other day and nobody picked it as their favorite track.
>>
I'm not sure how to answer your question, but when I first heard this album and knew nothing about the band I thought they were Japanese.
>>
I actually hate this album I remember listening to it like 3 years ago and "When You Sleep" was the only good song the rest were str8 garbage

then I was with my friend and he wanted to goto urban outfitters and I saw this vinyl ther along with ITAOTS
>>
>>61841463
>only liking the in-your-face crowd pleaser track

Guess you don't "get" Loveless.
>>
Because it was in Lost in Translation
>>
>>61840963
Goes on wayy to long at the end, other than that it's a quality song but come in alone is the best on the album
>>
>>61841525
>bad production even though they spent a shitton of money making the album
>instruments are so distorted/modulated/butchered you can hardly hear the notes they're playing (to cover up their shoddy musicianship most likely)
>whiney volcals

yeah I guess I don't get it.
>>
>>61841632
Sounds like you just don't get shoegaze familia
>>
>>61841645
yes you are probably right about that
>>
>>61840343
To me it always sounded like Western pop melodies done by someone who never actually heard those melodies, a lot like how most Japanese things are a fun house mirror version of Western culture
>>
>>61840432
Is Loveless depression really? Maybe the lyrics, but the music itself is mostly happy.

Now, Souvlaki is a depression album I feel.
>>
the japanese are a patrician people
>>
>>61841865
Souvlaki is that banal kind of ennui thats relatable but not remotely compelling
>>
>>61841865
Maybe Japanese peeps are pleb in terms of knowing the scene and don't know that they need to go towards the sadcore/slowcore side of things.
>>
>>61841920
I'm not sure what you're saying. I suppose Souvlaki is more open about it being a sad album, with its melancholic sound to accompany the somber lyrics.

To be honest, I don't really listen to the lyrics with shoegaze often. With Loveless especially because it's really hard to understand anything. Maybe the lyrics are actually really depressing and more meaningful than the ones in Souvlaki, but it masks it with the happy sound. I guess if that's the case then sure it's more subtle than Souvlaki in the way that its sound and lyrics are complete opposites. It's not a subtlety that I value much though, personally.

The sound is really what makes Souvlaki so good to me.

>>61841922
I dunno about that. Japanese shoegaze bands are pretty god-tier.
Loveless is extremely popular there, isn't it? It was in FFVII and everything after all.
Souvlaki probably wasn't that big there, I'd imagine. Maybe because of the odd title and unspectacular cover.
>>
The first time I listened to this, I erased it and redownloaded it because I thought my download was a prank or just fucked up. The others were the same so I listened to it again and now I think it's really nice.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Loveless
>>
>>61841632
>bad production

Seriously?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.