[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kane East
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
Halfway trough this atm and I really can't see the appeal. Anyone who can explain why it's so revered?
>>
it's a meme u dip
>>
Pitchfork gave it a 10.0
>>
>>61837074
black guy makes a album rich hipsters can enjoy without feeling white guilt because kanye acts just like them
>>
>>61837074
I think as long as you're ok with Kanye's voice, you're good to go

can't stand it personally, tried many times. Just fucking hate his voice and the way he raps so it's all lost on me.
>>
>>61837112
and I also don't like his lyrics

they aren't cool enough for me
>>
>>61837135
some really funny punchlines though
>>
>>61837091
...>>61837090
so, mostly hype made this album?
>>
couple of reasons, I'll try to give the not-generic answers

>it's basically what hip-hop was at that moment, epitomized
>probably the most powerful and goosebumps inducing hip-hop at that time
>very well Produced
>contrasts kanye's dichotomy of wanting to reject materialism and fame with his ego and lust for lucre

it's not my favorite album, but it's a damn good one
>>
>>61837759
he spent 3m making it.
>>
I thought the exact same when I listened to this and almost made a thread about it. I like it now, but it's not a 10. There are some songs that I find really boring, like Monster, So Appalled or Gorgeous, however, it has also songs that I really like, like Power, Blame Game or Runaway. Overall though the album works well for me, the overall concept is interesting and Kanye's mediocre lyrics are made up by his flow and the top-notch production. The phrase "the sum is bigger than its parts" applies really well here.
What I appreciate most about the album though is Kanye's honesty. One might think after listening to his lyrics that he is a really weird, self-absorbed person, but I think that is also his strength. It takes courage to lay your feelings bare for everyone to see, here Kanye does this and tries to explain his asshole behaviour before the album dropped without being too apologetic. I have a lot of respect for people and artists that openly display their feelings and thoughts no matter what they consist of, it's something I never could.

This is not one of my favorite albums, but I appreciate it and like listening to it from time to time. I hope this gives you an idea why people like the album, give it two more shots and if it still doesn't interest you just move on.
>>
>>61837074
I'm sorry to interrupt
I had the exact same question

Thread literally explains jack shit.
Did he use some of that 3 million to pay every reviewer to give it a:
"OH MY GOD! BEST ALBUM OF THE DECADE!" review

It's kinda mediocre compared to most of his other albums...
And don't give me that "listen to it 5 more times" shit
It's on my iPod, I've been listening to it here and there for like 5 years now, and I can't name one song other than Power off the top of my head without looking at the track list.
>>
>>61837074
p4k 10.0
>>
File: mbdtf.png (1 MB, 1440x890) Image search: [Google]
mbdtf.png
1 MB, 1440x890
>>
>>61838153
this desu. doesn't help that i'm not in to current pop though.
>>
>I really can't see the appeal
I'm guessing you're not a black man on the lower end of the socio-economic scale living in the US?

These are the only people that can really understand and appreciate Kanye.
>>
You guys are faggots
>>
Contex is one of the most important things about the album.
>>
>>61837074
i get why people like it, i just don't get why people think it's 'good'
>>
Devil in a New Dress.
>>
Slow Jamz is the only good song Kanye has done, and even that had more input from Vandross and Twista than Kanye.
>>
>>61838297
because it is...
>>
>>61837074
Just think of it as the Puff Daddy and the Family compilation. You'll get the idea
>>
>>61838294
>contex
>>
I just wanted to say that gorgeous is one of the most annoying songs ever. I love the lyrics, they're some of Kanye's best, but the beat is so fucking bad. It's just a boring guitar riff. Also Cudi's hook is terrible.

The rest of the album is Ok i guess, with standout songs like Monster, Devil in a New dress and Runaway. Those songs i really like.

6,5/10
>>
>>61837074
>Halfway through this atm

the second half is much better, to be honest. Once Devil in a New Dress starts, you gonna see some real shit.

The first half only has Gorgeous (pretty much kanye's best rapping ever), and Monster (mostly cause it shows Nicki Minaj has some sort of talent)
>>
>>61838030
>doesn't like Gorgeous
>loves Power
>thinks So Appalled is boring
>loves Blame Game
wew lad
>>
>>61838341
>second half is much better, to be honest. Once Devil in a New Dress starts, you gonna see some real shit.
I second this. First half has too many uninteresting songs. Second half is much better.
>>
>>61838373
Loving these songs is an overstatement. I like them, especially in comparison to the ones I don't like. On second thought though, I'd take Monster of the boring list, it does have some good parts. Gorgeous is still one of the most boring parts of the album, but I don't mind that, Dark Fantasy and Power balance that.
>>
>>61838418
>Dark Fantasy is in his top 2 of the album

your tastes are like the definition of wew lad
>>
>>61838373
>not loving Blame Game based purely on the chris rock skit at the end

YEEZY REUPHOLSTERED MY PUSSY
>>
>>61838297
This might be the dumbest thing I've read today, and I've already been on /fit/
>>
>>61838457
TWISTA HAD THIS SHIT ON IN THE SOURCE
>>
>>61838448
Nowhere did I imply that it's in my top 2. I don't have a top list, my favorite song on MBDTF is Runaway, the other songs are just songs that I like.
>>
File: dawn of the final day.png (156 KB, 804x364) Image search: [Google]
dawn of the final day.png
156 KB, 804x364
>tfw you can't build a still to slow down time
>>
>>61838274
kek
>>
>>61838274
>I don't understand locking yourself up in a room doing five beats a day for 3 summers
>must be cause i'm white and rich!
>>
there are literally zero sensible answers in this thread
>>
did he upgrade or downgrade, f a m?
>>
>>61838602
Downgrade
>>
>>61838599
sensible answers: >>61838377
>>61838341
>>61838286
>>61837773
>>
>kanye's face

man took 9 years to get out of the kimfriendzone
>>
>>61838679
would choose jovovich all day over kim k
>>
Just listen to Madvillainy, or if you want to hear Kanye's good shit, listen to Late Registration
>>
>>61838925
>Anorexic middle eastern bitches

too much issues
>>
>>61839242
What's madvillainy got to with anything?
>>
>>61838925
she looks disgusting compared to kim in that picture though, i mean she literally looks deathly ill in comparison

looks like a heroin addict or something, i mean just objectively comparing them in that picture
>>
>>61837090
to be fair /mu/ was all over this prior to the review
>>
>>61838315
that was hands down the worst song on CD though
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.