[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesu/Sun Kil Moon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: jesu-sun-kil-moon.jpg (118 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
jesu-sun-kil-moon.jpg
118 KB, 800x800
I'm having a hard trouble hearing the lyrics on this album. Is it just me?
>>
File: OP.jpg (47 KB, 485x364) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
47 KB, 485x364
Depends, are you deaf?
>>
>>61836720
Don't think so, it just seems like the mix is really bad. When the lyrics are such an important part of the music they should be more upfront imo.
>>
File: Yukio-Mishima.jpg (35 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
Yukio-Mishima.jpg
35 KB, 500x421
To be fair, it is a collab with Jesu. You sort of have to expect to lose the luxury of hearing the lyrics
>>
i think it leaked in pretty poor quality
>>
>>61836807
I can always hear the lyrics in Jesu fine though. There are some spots on this album where the mixing is better, hopefully it'll sound clearer on the CD/Lossless version.
>>
>>61836827
It's an official stream from their website
>>
>>61836653
I think that's especially true for the first few tracks. I had an easier time making them out with headphones, but my speakers are shit anyway.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm just no longer bored of Jesu or if Mark's vocals worked really nicely with the instrumentals. I really enjoyed this, considering I haven't cared for either Mark or Justin's latest stuff.
>>
>>61836653
hes just reading fan letters and whining about p4k
grumpy old man
atleast he didn't sing fanfiction like universal themes. I mean did he really have to write"'And I walked her drunk ass back to her room
And like a gentleman, I didn't try"
>>
No, I could barely understand any of Marks vocals on the shoegaze tracks. Fingers crossed that it's just a shit quality stream.
>>
"A Song of Shadows" is amazing. Great album.
>>
Can we write Mark a bunch of fan mail, maybe we can get a /mu/ shoutout on one of his albums.
>>
>>61837239
his next project will probably have a line making fun of all the people who sent him fan mail in the hope that he'd read it on record
>>
Anyone else kinda think the rambling style clashes with Jesu instrumentals? I feel like this probably would have been better if it happened pre-Benji
>>
I have the option of seeing them in concert Y/N?

I've always been a fan of Sun Kil Moon but I don't like Jesu too much so I'm pretty split.
>>
>>61837352
do it. i envy you hard
>>
>>61837352
I'd say go for the experience; it's something different. I'm a massive Jesu fan, I'm not madly into Kozelek (although I really appreciate his artistry and song writing), but I'd definitely go and see them if I had the opportunity.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmfjU1jscvQ
>>
Describe this album as anything other than Justin Broadrick playing the same riff over and over again for an entire song while Mark Kozelek just reads whatever shit he wrote on top of it.
>>
>>61837352
definitely go
kozelek was great live
and broadrick with him
would be great
>>
>>61837756
have you ever listened to jesu?????
>>
>>61837341
I'm going through my first listen right now and I'm inclined to agree with you.
>>
>>61837834

Yes. Not a massive fan, but I remember liking that first Jesu EP (Heartache, I think) very much. I really don't remember it being this repetitive. Haven't really paid attention to his newer stuff.
>>
>>61837261
that would actually be fucking hilarious
>>
>>61837341
i think it clashes in an interesting way, kinda like with lulu. though it didnt totally hold my attention i found lulu to be fascinating in that it wasnt anything id really heard before, and i feel the say way about this. or at least the metal parts. the dumb trip hop bullshit was just headscratching honestly
>>
what will P4K/Fantano give it?
>>
>>61839387
6/4
>>
>>61839387
Decent to strong seven.

I'm unfamiliar with both Jesu and Sun Kil Moon so came at this album from a complete outsider's point of view, but I certainly enjoyed it.

Took me a while to get into the whole rambling-talk-singing aspect at first but by the time the album was over I was quite absorbed. Really loved the closing track, the ambient backing's gorgeous and I liked how totally mundane the lyrics were.

It's not something I'd listen to often, I'd have to be in a certain mood to dip in again, but I liked it.
>>
Not just you, same exact thing here.

Stopped listening after 2 songs, hope a CD rip sounds better, webstreams are upsually lower quality

Cant get comfy when im struggling to make out lyrics
>>
>>61837756
>>61837352
Assume they'll mostly play stuff from the record and stuff that fits Kozelek's performances, so probably most of the album +1/2 SKM songs +1/2 Jesu songs

So, like, go if you like the album.

>>61837756
Only heard Kozelek & Dillinger so far but it's kind of an ear worm even if it is a little repetitive. How does the rest of the album stack up?
>>
I didn't even know who Jesu were until know but I'm a Kozelek fan so this better be good.
>>
>>61841253
Jesu are amazing, but this album doesn't really live up to either of their names. Save the last 3 tracks, and some moments here and there
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.