[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Your eye is in my eye >Your mind is in my eye What did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: gira.jpg (81 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
gira.jpg
81 KB, 960x960
>Your eye is in my eye
>Your mind is in my eye
What did he mean by this?
>>
post-rock madlibs
>>
>>61836564
He has eyes
>>
>>61836595
but no eyebrows
>>
>>61836613
His eyebrows are inside his eye
>>
Whatever it means
He probably doesn't know
>>
its probably about becoming someone else, merging with someone else through the intense relationship/pathological obsession
something like a more religious, spiritual version of helpless child lyrics
>>
Michael Gira just says things. None of them have any meaning. The few songs that do have some meaning (Toussaint L'Ouverture) were made to have meaning after the lyrics were written.
>>
Any news on when that new swans album comes out?
>>
It's funny because /mu/ would totally shit on a band like Tool or Dream Theater coming up with the same pseudo-psychedelic lyrics. But when Michael "Meme" Gira does it, it's fine.
>>
>>61837468
30%
t. M. Gira
>>
>I see what you see. I know what you are thinking

come one people. Its not complicated stuff
>>
>>61837468
uploading right now, 96%, hang on
>>
>>61837472
There is significant difference between Dream Theater lyrics and Swans and you know this.
>>
>>61837472
This board is fucking packed with mindless followers who will circlejerk about whatever /mu/ memes. It's nauseating.
>>
>>61837472
well with new Swans its more about the music, the lyrics are just a "food for thought", something to occupy your mind while digesting the sound and to point you in some direction... not something to be analysed per se, its just these universal words about human experience (love, fuck, hate, bliss, go, do, no etc.), mantras... the music gives them meaning, not the other way
>>
>>61837566
That excuse would not be allowed for other bands you know that right? You guys would say that it was making excuses for pleb music or some bullshit.
>>
>>61837621
Of course it wouldnt fly with some other bands, because some other bands make shit music. Current Swans make legit good rock music and its structure and composition doesn't allow something deeply sophisticated... the music is nuanced and has its complexities, but at its core its very primal, primitive, brutal, straightforward, rhythm based. The lyrics reflect that - they're repetitive, mantra-like, universal, constantly evoking same or similar symbols and images. As Gira says the music should put you in some kind of a spiritual trance when you hear it live, do you think reciting Shakespear to Frankie M would fit? Its supposed to be like this. Its the only way it works, and it works well.
>>
It's a spiritual chant like everything in nu-Swans lyrics.
>>
>>61838063
>Of course it wouldnt fly with some other bands, because some other bands make shit music. Current TOOL make legit good rock music and its structure and composition doesn't allow something deeply sophisticated... the music is nuanced and has its complexities, but at its core its very primal, primitive, brutal, straightforward, rhythm based. The lyrics reflect that - they're repetitive, mantra-like, universal, constantly evoking same or similar symbols and images. As Maynard says the music should put you in some kind of a spiritual trance when you hear it live, do you think reciting Shakespear to Lateralus would fit? Its supposed to be like this. Its the only way it works, and it works well.
>>
>>61838788
good job with that post
>>
>>61838788
this post was gay and you should feel gay
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.